PDA

View Full Version : Does the state of the channeler affect what they hear?

Lightwaves
01-05-2012, 04:07 AM
Greetings all!

I am new to this whole field. Basically I have thoughts that aren't my own from a source that is very close to me and does not like to be labeled. I have noticed that when I talk with it with intensity (through out most of the day for a few days) that the quality of the talks gets more confusing as well as not quite so balanced. I am blessed with the ability to block it out if I want to so it isn't a problem but I would like to talk with it again at a more balanced state.

My question then is this: does the state of the channeler affect what they hear? I only talk with this one source but it seems to degenerate after awhile. Am I becoming unbalanced and that is affecting things? If so what does this imply about my source? Perhaps it is purely a mental issue? I have been diagnosed with psychosis (not otherwise specified) but that doesn't mean the source is not coming from somewhere genuine. I would like to continue bringing its messages but it becomes too imbalanced if overused. Could I be dragging it down the more I talk to it? Maybe I need to work on myself more before talking to it at those levels?

For now I have shut it off and am regrounding myself.

Any advice, input, or insight is welcome. Thank you in advance. :smile:

Aquarian
01-05-2012, 04:11 AM
Degenerate in what way?

How do you know its messages are worthwhile?

Henri77
01-05-2012, 04:22 AM
Grounding is a great idea.
Based on my experience, I've felt that extended communication gets less reliable over time... as mind tends to butt in and may corrupt the "conversation"...mind-ego doesn't care to be ignored for long periods, and wants attention too.
Just my 2 cents

Others may have other viewpoints as everyones experience- ability is different

Lightwaves
01-05-2012, 05:23 AM
Degenerate in what way?

It becomes harder to clearly understand and the source itself seems to become progressively more agitated as if it were unbalanced.

wstein
02-05-2012, 04:02 AM
As with all senses, receiving channeled information is affected by your state. Sometimes you are alert and see and hear clearly, and sometimes you are tired and have difficulty. For instance picking out one voice in a crowd requires focus and cannot be done when overly tired. Same is true with channeled messages.

Having any thoughts that are not your own from an ‘unlabeled’ source is a GIANT RED FLAG. Any being in your head that is really trying to be beneficial to you is not going to refuse to respect your privacy nor is it going to avoid letting you find out its identity. You should not need to ‘block it out’, you should be able to just ask it to leave you alone for a while. As this voice is obviously causing you problems (like being unbalanced) it is clearly not aware of the negative impact it is having on you or it doesn’t care. Either way you need to let it know that this is not acceptable. If it is truly being helpful, it will make an adjustment to avoid causing you harm.

It’s really no different than if you keep hearing a voice coming through your wall. If you heard a voice coming through your wall that refused to identify who it is, what would you do? This is no different other than the local police are not going to be able to help you. If you don’t feel able to deal with this situation do yourself a favor and get help.

Native spirit
02-05-2012, 10:03 AM
:confused: Hey Tridek,

If the messages you are getting come from your guide they would be consistant,
who do you think the messages are coming from?

Namaste

emerge
03-05-2012, 05:35 AM
Take these words for what they are...based upon my experience.

I will agree that just because you have been diagnosed with a psychosis doesn't mean your source isn't coming from somewhere genuine. I will ask you to entertain the possibility that too much channeling has caused your psychosis and imbalance in the first place.

No spirit guide, angel, ascended master ect.... would ever allow you to channel too much. They care just too much about you to ever allow that to happen. When they or their message has trouble getting through to you as clearly and as easily as it should they will stop and continue their message at a later date.

Since who ever you are channeling has demonstrated that it cares little for your well being I would be cautious of who you are channeling and the intent and exact meaning of their messages.

Take care

PS: When I read your original post again you wrote things that make me think that you might be feeling that the source and the messages are more important than you are. This is a dangerous way to feel. I hope I just misunderstood what you wrote.

Nameless
18-05-2012, 12:48 PM
There is a book, Opening to Channel by Sanaya Roman and Duane Packer. The entities that they channeled who wrote the book feel beautiful and loving. In it, they advise anytime you open to channel, right before you start, that you ask for a higher guide. It sounds to me like (maybe) you didn't do that first. I will give a quote from their book - pg 41, Recognizing Entities Who Are Less-Evolved - "Channeled advise is to be followed only if it rings true to you, not just because it is channeled. Do only those things that feel joyful or right to you. Only accept those messages which ring true to the deepest part of your being. How do you recognize entities who are less-evolved? Some of them love to give predictions of a disastrous nature, and enjoy the heightened emotions such as fright that they can stir up in people. Their predictions are not made to assist people or given with a higher purpose in mind. Their messages may falsely build up people's egos by telling them they are going to be rich or famous when that is clearly not part of their path. You will know if you are connected with a lower guide. You will feel scared, powerless, depressed, or worried about your life after they have given you advice."
My 2 cents - just remember to ask for a higher guide before you start. I surround myself also with the white light of the holy spirit.
Hope this helps!
Light.

Holly
13-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Hi Tridek,

I agree that being diagnosed with psychosis (which is a very catch-all term for what doctors call hallucinations and delusions, isn't it?) does NOT mean that ALL voices and communication are a result of the disorder. A LOT of genuine psychics get diagnosed similarly. I think, just use the age old rule - if the messages/voices make you feel positive, loved, loving, empowered, they are probably not coming from your head!! If they hurt, tease unkindly, torture you, become difficult etc, they're probably just your mind. Anyway. I wonder if the fact you can block it implies it's actually a real voice? The state of the channel absolutely DOES affect what they hear! Especially if you have a busy, stressed, upset mind, you're more like to make mistakes. I sometimes hear things which SOUND like my angels, but which I know, based on their energy and manner, are actually just my head, pulling tricks. It takes practise to learn to read the energy, and discern what's real and what isn't. ALL channels make some mistakes, no matter what they claim! :wink:

I don't think you're dragging IT down, if it's a higher being it CAN'T be dragged down by you. Here's my advice (a bit of the usual protection etc!) before you start to channel, or at the same time every day, say words similar to; 'Archangel Michael, I only invite and allow contact from higher beings 100% in service to the light/God and who are here to serve my highest good and wellbeing. Please will you protect and guide me for my highest good.' Say it every time you channel. You can also invite Michael (or another archangel) to pay you a visit, and speak to you - an archangel is a very good first point of contact for a beginning channel, and Michael would certainly be able to shed light on your other voices, too.

As for the messages going icky, I think your concentration is just breaking, your mind is creeping in. Why dont you try doing short sessions of say, 20 minutes or something, then having an hour off, then doing another 20 minutes? When I first started channelling, I got maybe...four or six messages through a DAY! That's shocking to me now, I can bring through hundreds...but back then my mind would just get tired, my concentration would flag, my legs would go dead, I'd want to get up and move, damned be this meditative position! :D

I advise you to take up some regular meditation if you don't already, that will calm your mind a lot. A couple more points - I agree with emerge, no higher being will let you channel too much, HOWEVER, if your path is to discover that YOU ARE ALLOWING IT, then they will, so that you can learn to discern WHEN YOU'VE HAD TOO MUCH. Usually, they'll only take you very gently, into too much, at which point, use your discernment and say you want a break.

What sort of things does your contact say??

Toolite
16-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Greetings all!

I am new to this whole field. Basically I have thoughts that aren't my own from a source that is very close to me and does not like to be labeled. I have noticed that when I talk with it with intensity (through out most of the day for a few days) that the quality of the talks gets more confusing as well as not quite so balanced. I am blessed with the ability to block it out if I want to so it isn't a problem but I would like to talk with it again at a more balanced state.

My question then is this: does the state of the channeler affect what they hear? I only talk with this one source but it seems to degenerate after awhile. Am I becoming unbalanced and that is affecting things? If so what does this imply about my source? Perhaps it is purely a mental issue? I have been diagnosed with psychosis (not otherwise specified) but that doesn't mean the source is not coming from somewhere genuine. I would like to continue bringing its messages but it becomes too imbalanced if overused. Could I be dragging it down the more I talk to it? Maybe I need to work on myself more before talking to it at those levels?

For now I have shut it off and am regrounding myself.

Any advice, input, or insight is welcome. Thank you in advance. :smile:

When I think of channeling.. Of the Spirit taking complete control over you so then your mindset is not a factor.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

BwellBTR
17-07-2012, 03:36 AM
Not all disincarnate beings are evolved... but they are all without a physical platform.

Aquarian
17-07-2012, 10:38 AM
When I think of channeling.. Of the Spirit taking complete control over you so then your mindset is not a factor.
That would be possession. Higher beings do not need to do this ever.

Holly
17-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Not all disincarnate beings are evolved... but they are all without a physical platform.

Not so :wink: The angels, ascended masters and other benevolent ET beings ALL have physical bodies, though they can change or stop using them at will, most of the ones I channel actually bum around my space in bodies. They say it's more fun to have one, and it certainly doesn't affect who they are.

'higher' doesn't mean 'non physical.' It means 'not in OUR physical.' There is a HIGHER PHYSICAL world.

Aquarian
17-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Not so :wink: The angels, ascended masters and other benevolent ET beings ALL have physical bodies, though they can change or stop using them at will, most of the ones I channel actually bum around my space in bodies. They say it's more fun to have one, and it certainly doesn't affect who they are.

'higher' doesn't mean 'non physical.' It means 'not in OUR physical.' There is a HIGHER PHYSICAL world.
I'll give you £100 for a picture of one.

Holly
17-07-2012, 06:17 PM
I'll give you £100 for a picture of one.

And I'll give you thanks and congratulations if you can PROVE me wrong. :D

Aquarian
18-07-2012, 08:38 AM
And I'll give you thanks and congratulations if you can PROVE me wrong. :D
I'll just take the "thanks" for the strong evidence caused by your refusal to post a picture for £100.

Holly
18-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Thank you, Aquarian, for teaching me about doubt. If people say 'I don't believe you' I have to ask myself if I'm deluded, if I'm nuts, if I'm right... and I DO. I want to help others achieve their goals - every time somebody says 'are you nuts' (or similar words!) I think...perhaps I'm not helping.

Today you've taught me that anothers doubt takes nothing from me. It's a good feeling. Thank you.

Aquarian
18-07-2012, 12:30 PM
We are all deluded. Dark forces work hard to ensure it.

Toolite
18-07-2012, 04:39 PM
That would be possession. Higher beings do not need to do this ever.

Then you dont know Higher Beings. our world misunderstands the word possession. Sometimes Spirit has to step completely in to do what needs to be done.. but, I wont talk about it in depth because Im sure some may misunderstand.. I had one who did an healing and it was so powerful but, they didnt let me hear because a message was given too..

Aquarian
18-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Then you dont know Higher Beings. our world misunderstands the word possession. Sometimes Spirit has to step completely in to do what needs to be done..
Don't know where to start with this.

What is Spirit?

What exactly does Spirit need to possess you for?

Does God count as a Higher Being? (I've met Him in 'person')

Holly
18-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Toolite, I hear ya. One of the things I'm currently working on with the archangels I work with is full body posession style channelling. Yes a lot of people do misunderstand. I told the people at the psychic group I go to about that and they all got all fidgety and uncomfortable and started telling me to beware of demons etc etc. Fine advice, but I FEEL fine about it, and rather excited :wink: I started dabbling with Azrael at one point, and Metatron - I think the messages can be as accurate whichever way you channel them, ie, telepathically/full body/clairaudiently.

Any 'possession' channels on here? I'd love to ask for some tips :wink:

And yes, Aquarian, God counts! I've met him too. I often have conversations with him (yes, two way!) both the God who created this universe and the collective field of God of which he's a part. It's a lovely experience, so, incredibly comforting :smile:

Toolite
19-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Don't know where to start with this.

What is Spirit? (basics so wont discuss)

What exactly does Spirit need to possess you for? (this is quite powerful just as sometimes things need to be said and whats being said is not of the channellers knowledge and sometimes they need full control once again due to the channeller doesnt have the ability to do it at that level.) (there is the negative possession as well)

Does God count as a Higher Being? (I've met Him in 'person')

I view God Higher than All. So not a higher being but, the Most High.. No Beings Power is close to what God Can Do. I dont think anyone on earth has began to witness what God Can Do.

Toolite
19-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Toolite, I hear ya. One of the things I'm currently working on with the archangels I work with is full body posession style channelling. Yes a lot of people do misunderstand. I told the people at the psychic group I go to about that and they all got all fidgety and uncomfortable and started telling me to beware of demons etc etc. Fine advice, but I FEEL fine about it, and rather excited :wink: I started dabbling with Azrael at one point, and Metatron - I think the messages can be as accurate whichever way you channel them, ie, telepathically/full body/clairaudiently.

Any 'possession' channels on here? I'd love to ask for some tips :wink:

And yes, Aquarian, God counts! I've met him too. I often have conversations with him (yes, two way!) both the God who created this universe and the collective field of God of which he's a part. It's a lovely experience, so, incredibly comforting :smile:

Thats why I speak on experience alot.. Once you experience something then you have a broader knowledge.. Trance is powerful.. I have my protector..AA Gabriel who regulates the channel. because some of those Spirits are powerful Good and Bad.

All I can say is... when doing anything in the Spirit ..no matter the gift.. do it with God/Light and everything will be fine.All gifts demonstrated thru me were shown to me by God/Light. Awareness.. I would say petition the angels and let them know you want to experience trance and wait for them to teach you... Most importantly everyone has a path because everyone has a piece of the bigger picture in what or how they are to function in the world. Given a piece where you are given authority over that piece so we always have to stay in our lane..lol... but, I doubt that your intentions are good and because your not fearful it probably is part of your lesson plan:tongue:

Neville
19-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Does the state of the channeler affect what they hear?

In my experience, like attracts like more often than opposites attract so I would be inclined to answer mostly yes. There are occasionally exceptions though.

Toolite
19-07-2012, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=Holly]

I also want to encourage you to do some automatic writing...fun and interesting..

Ask the Angels a day inadvance for their help.
Have pen and paper.. Telepathically or speak out loud the questions and wait for Spirit to write out the answer using your hand..

This is how I obtained more information about my soul mate... If this works for you let me know and if not dont fret..

The Angels/Guides teach each person and so there are quiet lessons that must be taught first before teaching a gift.. so patience is important. Good luck.

Aquarian
19-07-2012, 08:06 PM
AA Gabriel who regulates the channel. because some of those Spirits are powerful Good and Bad.
Satanic Minion A: Yeah you don't need to vet me, because Archangel Gabriel makes sure only good spirits can possess you.
Satanic Minion B: Yes. I am Archangel Gabriel. Sata<cough> that spirit over there is fine. Believe everything he says.

Bonus points to the next person to tell me we need to embrace the dark as well as the light.

Toolite
21-07-2012, 03:06 AM
Satanic Minion A: Yeah you don't need to vet me, because Archangel Gabriel makes sure only good spirits can possess you.
Satanic Minion B: Yes. I am Archangel Gabriel. Sata<cough> that spirit over there is fine. Believe everything he says.

Bonus points to the next person to tell me we need to embrace the dark as well as the light.

Again, those comments just re-verify what I stated in an earlier post. The Gift of God..in all his gifts are beautiful and sometimes beyond comprehension for anyone including myself.

Holly
23-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Thats why I speak on experience alot.. Once you experience something then you have a broader knowledge.. Trance is powerful.. I have my protector..AA Gabriel who regulates the channel. because some of those Spirits are powerful Good and Bad.

All I can say is... when doing anything in the Spirit ..no matter the gift.. do it with God/Light and everything will be fine.All gifts demonstrated thru me were shown to me by God/Light. Awareness.. I would say petition the angels and let them know you want to experience trance and wait for them to teach you... Most importantly everyone has a path because everyone has a piece of the bigger picture in what or how they are to function in the world. Given a piece where you are given authority over that piece so we always have to stay in our lane..lol... but, I doubt that your intentions are good and because your not fearful it probably is part of your lesson plan:tongue:

Hey Toolite,

Ive been channelling very successfully for nearly a year, but I do it clairaudiently/clairvoyantly and recently, heavily telepathically. On my good days, I can hear my guardian (AA Azrael) like he's on a long distance phone. He's already expressed a desire to channel using my body, and we've had a dabble, but it's a big deal relaxing to let someone use your body, especially when I'm so attached to it! It's just exceptionally hard to let go of something I'd relied on for a whole lifetime...though he did point out I don't have to LET GO of my body, just let him USE it for a bit!

We actually had a go to the other day. Azrael approached from behind me, gently removed me from my bod, set me back somewhere warm, happy and soothing, and spoke to me gently while he practised taking over my bod, though he didn't actually 'possess' me, more like a gentle practise. It was a VERY nice place he put me in :) I suppose we'll get there eventually.

I actually started out with automatic writing! We filled BOOKS with it.

Toolite
23-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Hey Toolite,

Ive been channelling very successfully for nearly a year, but I do it clairaudiently/clairvoyantly and recently, heavily telepathically. On my good days, I can hear my guardian (AA Azrael) like he's on a long distance phone. He's already expressed a desire to channel using my body, and we've had a dabble, but it's a big deal relaxing to let someone use your body, especially when I'm so attached to it! It's just exceptionally hard to let go of something I'd relied on for a whole lifetime...though he did point out I don't have to LET GO of my body, just let him USE it for a bit!

We actually had a go to the other day. Azrael approached from behind me, gently removed me from my bod, set me back somewhere warm, happy and soothing, and spoke to me gently while he practised taking over my bod, though he didn't actually 'possess' me, more like a gentle practise. It was a VERY nice place he put me in :) I suppose we'll get there eventually.

I actually started out with automatic writing! We filled BOOKS with it.

Oh ok thats awesome..

A peaceful mind.
23-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Oh ok thats awesome..

In a spiritual language: I think it's called: he used youre body as an avatar..

I have tried this too and yes its quite an experience :O)

Yours

A Peaceful Mind

Toolite
26-07-2012, 12:42 AM
In a spiritual language: I think it's called: he used youre body as an avatar..

I have tried this too and yes its quite an experience :O)

Yours

A Peaceful Mind

can you please provide more information? avatar?

A peaceful mind.
26-07-2012, 05:56 AM
can you please provide more information? avatar?

An avatar (Sanskrit: अवतार) is in the Hindu mythology, the incarnation (bodily manifestation) of a higher being (deity), or the most exalted (God) on earth. The Sanskrit word avatara literally means "descent" (avatarati) and usually means a planned descent to lower levels with a special purpose. The term is used primarily in Hinduism for incarnations of Vishnu, which many Hindus worship as a god. Shiva and Ganesha are also described in avatar form where Purana and Ganesha Purana describes Mudgala Ganeshas avatars.

The word has also been used to describe incarnations of God or influential prophets in other religions, notably dharmic religions tradition by describing Jesus as an avatar of God.

Vishnu-avatars
Dasavatara: Ten Avatars of Vishnu in the Garuda Purana

The ten most famous incarnations of Vishnu are known collectively as 'Dasavatara' ('Dasa' in Sanskrit means ten). The list is found in the Garuda Purana (1.86.10-11), and includes the avatars that have the greatest impact on human society.

Most of the avatars on the list are categorized as 'lila-avatars'.

The first four of said to be from Satya yuga (the first of the four yugaer or ages in the time cycle which is described in Hinduism). The next three appeared in the Treta Yuga, the eighth in dwapara Yuga and the ninth in the kali yuga. It is predicted that the Tenth appears at the end of kali yuga roughly about 427,000 years.

http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fda.wikipedia.org%2Fwik i%2FAvatar)

its in Danish - but I used googel translator to translate it to English

Peace and love from me to you

yours

A Peaceful Mind

Toolite
26-07-2012, 03:37 PM
An avatar (Sanskrit: अवतार) is in the Hindu mythology, the incarnation (bodily manifestation) of a higher being (deity), or the most exalted (God) on earth. The Sanskrit word avatara literally means "descent" (avatarati) and usually means a planned descent to lower levels with a special purpose. The term is used primarily in Hinduism for incarnations of Vishnu, which many Hindus worship as a god. Shiva and Ganesha are also described in avatar form where Purana and Ganesha Purana describes Mudgala Ganeshas avatars.

The word has also been used to describe incarnations of God or influential prophets in other religions, notably dharmic religions tradition by describing Jesus as an avatar of God.

Vishnu-avatars
Dasavatara: Ten Avatars of Vishnu in the Garuda Purana

The ten most famous incarnations of Vishnu are known collectively as 'Dasavatara' ('Dasa' in Sanskrit means ten). The list is found in the Garuda Purana (1.86.10-11), and includes the avatars that have the greatest impact on human society.

Most of the avatars on the list are categorized as 'lila-avatars'.

The first four of said to be from Satya yuga (the first of the four yugaer or ages in the time cycle which is described in Hinduism). The next three appeared in the Treta Yuga, the eighth in dwapara Yuga and the ninth in the kali yuga. It is predicted that the Tenth appears at the end of kali yuga roughly about 427,000 years.

http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fda.wikipedia.org%2Fwik i%2FAvatar)

its in Danish - but I used googel translator to translate it to English

Peace and love from me to you

yours

A Peaceful Mind

Its weird I never even thought what avatar meant but, you have taken time to give a complete understanding of it.. I really really appreciate that..:hug2:

All the Glory Belongs To God Forever!