PDA

View Full Version : Psychic Kids tv series

Henri77
20-04-2012, 04:26 AM
Psuchic Kids-children of the paranormal

Just found this at Netflix..... a reality TV series
Kinda interesting , even though it focuses largely on ghosts or such... and never really much mentions angels or helper spirits.

However they also talk with parents,and how they deal with psychically gifted kids. a valuable service to those who feel isolated and have no one to discuss this with.

it's a 13 part series.... I prob won't watch much more, since ghosts, earthbound spirits, aren't my focus.. but it's useful to see how regular folks deal with sensitive kids, and hear the issues such kids face with their peers.

Occultist
20-04-2012, 06:03 AM
Psychic Kids of the paranormal I am not a huge fan of as a matter of fact I petitioned against the series being even created..
There not trying to prove anything paranormal from a scientific point of reference but instead "This is my opinion" use exploitation of children and many seem to have depression imo and problems they need to address with a doctor and not Dr. Professor Lisa Miller the lady seems to have a one track mind that what kids say are 100% true fact. She never disputes anyone's claims at all.
If a child says they see ghost well then they must correct?
Chip Coffey I understand he is a self proclaimed "Medium" so I will excuse him but a Columbia University Dr, Professor? umm not so fast.
I am not saying all kids isn't gifted or beautiful I am saying we do not know the trauma its going to cause "Little Sally" when she is older looking for a date for Prom or a job and a normal existence. I seriously dont think all these children are sensitive I think some might be seeking attention or trying to find there spirituality or some might be on the brink I mean lets face it children have alot to deal with now a days. I dont mind when they play around with adults but we should hold our children as sacred..

Henri77
20-04-2012, 07:02 AM
Well, yeah, there's a lot one can find fault with in this case... and I agree, focusing on the dark (scary) aspects of psychic phenomena (in order to get ratings) is regrettable.... or even deplorable ... yet it's only an extension of what these children are already experiencing, if this is accurate.

And it does give many a window into something they never see.... and they do seem intent on reducing the fear, that these kids had.

Empowering them with tools-understanding they lacked.

This in itself is worthwhile. IMO

"Scientific point of reference ?" howzat....?
What on earth might that be?

Anyway- I don't care to debate. but only share this resource.
If you know a better production, please do share it...

I don't watch TV, and perhaps there are better productions dealing with more positive aspects of psychic phenomena. There ARE numerous documentaries, but prob not on prime TV....

Still there are many, many, many kids who are highly psychically sensitive... and whose parents haven't a clue how to deal with it. For them, I feel this might be some use.

If I was a producer, I'd choose an entirely different focus, a far more positive one.... but that's not likely to happen.

Occultist
20-04-2012, 02:23 PM
I watched the entire series. I do not think putting these kids on TV in front of the world and have them say they see dead people is the route I would have personally took to help these children in there personal spiritual development. I think this will draw attention to these kids and if they wasnt being bullied in school before it airs chances are they will when it does air.
Helping children in there growth is an amazing thing putting them on TV for the world to see and have there opinions about it not empowering but might be distructive. Also I seen no evidence at all that showed these children were not fabricating or had sufferd some kind of break or hiatus from reality.
Also my comments are not made for debate these are my personal thoughts.
Also if God forbid one of these children where Schitzo wouldnt telling them the voices and images in there mids eye is real have some kind of whiplash that maybe the validation they needed to spiral them out of control.
I am not saying these children arent gifted kids I just think until we know whats going on saving not only the childs spirituality but there reputation would be also a good idea.
http://depletedcranium.com/psychic-kids-paranormal-tv-shows-get-even-worse/
I agree with this writer about what the show might be doing to some children.

"The bigger issue here, aside from the obvious fact that this kind of television is just **** or that it is fiction mascaraing as documentary is the issue of using children. Children of course have vivid imaginations and are very impressionable, especially from those who they trust as elders or teachers. [in the case of this show, the children are reportedly of age 10 to 17] As such, there’s a great responsibility to provide guidance to kids and allow them to think for themselves and understand reality. The fact that any parent would put their kids on a TV show like this brings up concerns to begin with, and the pressure to perform and be “psychic” is not going to help either.
The fact is that if a kid thinks they can hear voices or sense things, it could easily just be their pretending, a ploy for attention or a coping mechanism. As children develop socially and emotionally, it’s not uncommon for them to go through phases or use coping mechanisms or their imagination as an escape or to try to find an identity. If a child continues to believe this kind of thing over the long term and into their teens, then it might very well be time to consider having them see a professional mental health care provider. One thing is for certain though, sticking them in front of a camera and having mom and dad sign a contract for their “psychic” powers to be investigated is not going to help. The show actually does have a psychologist consulting the children – although she seems to be just as much a complete wacky, stating that she has works with “The spiritual experiences of children.”
Not only does this show take a big steamy dump in the minds of viewers, but it’s exploiting children and enforcing fantasies to a dangerous level! "

The writer continues but this is the points I have as well. I do not know another TV show that would do this to kids. I personally think its dangerous.

Henri77
20-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Your skepticism regarding kids abilities seems odd for a site such as this, but seen from that (medical) POV I can see how one would feel that way.

The writer is a total skeptic.. and rather offensive-insulting... IMO (bad science indeed!)
If you see this as fantasy, that's cool with me, There's no point in debating it however.

As I noted, I wasn't thrilled with the focus or content, but felt that parents might get something from this.
Rather than having their kids drugged or labelled schizo, by the medical community. It seems they are already dealing with fear of the unknown as it is.

sesheta
21-04-2012, 09:50 PM
I saw some of the episodes of this show and found it interesting...I thought some of the kids may not have been as "sensitive" as claimed, but I found that, overall, it made me think.
In one of the episodes, the girl who was supposed to be "sensitive" had actually been institutionalized by her mother, who thought there was something "wrong" with her daughter! I felt truly sorry for that girl...if she was indeed merely sensitive to spirits, and there really was nothing mentally wrong with her - how much harm was done by putting her in an institution that she didn't need?
As for the kids being put on TV....yes, there would have had to be consent given first of all and, secondly, if these kids agreed to do it (regardless of whether they would be teased, bullied, etc.) then I would say that makes them very strong, indeed!
Of course, we have no way of knowing any of the true background stories of these people, but it still had some good points to be made in its own way - just my opinion :)

Henri77
22-04-2012, 04:33 AM
I watched 3 episodes but found the spooky ambiance not all that appealing to my taste. But that's what folks expect I guess.
(I dislike horror movies in general.)

The 13 yr old medical intuitive quite interested me ...

I really really loved X Files , but now find the overall tone a bit dark-depressing..... its marvelous wit- humor is what set it apart from all other things of its time... have been watching a few episodes, but overall it's too horror oriented for my current taste.

Sure, I can understand folks objecting to kids being on such shows, However they already were having frightening experiences, and perhaps the intervention better enabled them to deal with & understand what was happening,...... and most importantly gave their parents insight into these realities their children were seeing.
AND any parents or kids who watched the episodes.

As most such kids have no peers to share with, it's crucial that parents have an open mind and find ways to be supportive even when they don't have psychic abilities as well.
What worries me is gifted children who came to earth to serve, and having parents who cause them to squash their abilities.

(this may be far less likely than I fear .....as I know I CHOSE my parents .... who were both loving folks.. and my Mom & her siblings were all rather awake) My father, while not psychic, is VERY open minded about this stuff.

Occultist
22-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Your skepticism regarding kids abilities seems odd for a site such as this, but seen from that (medical) POV I can see how one would feel that way.

The writer is a total skeptic.. and rather offensive-insulting... IMO (bad science indeed!)
If you see this as fantasy, that's cool with me, There's no point in debating it however.

As I noted, I wasn't thrilled with the focus or content, but felt that parents might get something from this.
Rather than having their kids drugged or labelled schizo, by the medical community. It seems they are already dealing with fear of the unknown as it is.
I think a honest opinion is not never insulting Henri. I am not saying paranormal doesnt happen I am not saying these children are mentally ill.
I am stating facts,. 1. this program never proved these kids was gifted imo.
2. Could cause more harm to there social status and state of being. 3. I wonder if the mom's knew these children wasnt going to be put on TV with them how many parents would agree to do this?
further more to say my skepticism regarding kids abilities seems odd for a site such as this. Is confusing me a little are we to follow each other like sheep and never draw our own conclusions? Or never ask spiritual questions because this is a spiritual site? Funny I think this site is perfect place to ask questions about spirituality. Or to point out our opinions on it.

Henri77
22-04-2012, 06:26 PM
I think a honest opinion is not never insulting Henri. I am not saying paranormal doesnt happen I am not saying these children are mentally ill.
I am stating facts,. 1. this program never proved these kids was gifted imo.
2. Could cause more harm to there social status and state of being. 3. I wonder if the mom's knew these children wasnt going to be put on TV with them how many parents would agree to do this?
further more to say my skepticism regarding kids abilities seems odd for a site such as this. Is confusing me a little are we to follow each other like sheep and never draw our own conclusions? Or never ask spiritual questions because this is a spiritual site? Funny I think this site is perfect place to ask questions about spirituality. Or to point out our opinions on it.

Debate serves little purpose when folks SEE things differently. I certainly accept that you perceive things as you do. I was simply sharing a resource I thought someone might benefit from, even though I realize the productions shortcomings.

The writer of the linked article wrote some insulting comments about the psychics appearance, like that justified his viewpoint.. but only reflected on HIS bias and poor taste.
It's a tactic poor writers use, insults-namecalling when their opinions are highly biased and ill thought out.

You're quite correct. I shouldn't assume everyone at this site believes in the things I do... my error-oversight. I've had plenty of experience with mediumistic phenomena so it's part of my belief system.

WE can hold radically different viewpoints yet co-exist ....or there wouldn't be so many religious sects represented here.

dream jo
25-05-2015, 04:39 PM
tomoro peppl wz a grt 1