PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Subconscious Barriers

Forest Wood
13-04-2012, 02:19 PM
The majority of us have a hard time trying to break our subconscious barriers. Whether we're meditating in an attempt to communicate with our subconscious, or simply fighting to enhance the strength of our lucid dreams, we're always confronted by a mountain of difficulties.

As we're aware, some people naturally master their skills, while others must work hard to develop them. Lucid dreaming is fascinating, but it takes a great deal of effort, often forcing us to impair our waking lives as we accept the daily requirements.

But through it all, something tells me that we're missing something. Different techniques work for different people, but everything tends to boil down to a standard set of methods. We usually do the same things, but we do them because we've seen results. We've had lucid dreams, some of which have been groundbreaking, so we more or less continue on the same tracks. But, once again, something tells me we're missing something. Something tells me that as much as we should expect this to be a challenge, there is a shortcut we keep missing. No matter how many times people tackle the subconscious, regardless of how many techniques they try, something tells me there is another way.

I don't know what it is, but I believe there is another method (if not a few others) for us to use in our quest to break our subconscious barriers. I feel it's going to be a little out of the box, somewhat involving us tackling the matter in an indirect way. It may vary from person to person, but I sit here and I just know I'm wasting my time using the techniques I've used for years. There is an easier way to do this, but we just have to find it.

I intend to do whatever I can to find it, but I wonder if I'm alone with these thoughts. Am I the only one who believes there is another way? Is what I'm feeling a greater instinct or nothing more than noise within the brain...

embrace
17-04-2012, 12:47 AM
I once had a dream (not LD) in which I found a key to an old library. When I opened the door, I found there was a librarian who looked like an older version of ME. I was asking him questions, and he was giving me very precise answers. Later I started visiting this location in my lucid dreams with a similar effect. Try it out, it's interesting.

Henri77
24-04-2012, 05:29 AM
We insofar as "breaking"subconscious "barriers" I'm all ears.

Our belief system is entrenched in the subconscious ,and radically-permanently altering ones belief system can create wonders-"miracles"

I dig what you suggest,,,, as I also sense there are things I could do, simply by altering-recreating my deepest beliefs. Even though LD's aren't my highest priority ATM.

Levitation, walking through walls, is likely more than just believing (knowing) ... but some things, and certainly LD's can likely be achieved quite easily ,with the right shortcut AND preparation.

Like speed dialing from your phone contact list.

Arfie
24-04-2012, 02:25 PM
I often think our addiction to words is the very fabric of our sub-conscious barriers. Words work best for that which we can hold in our hands. They lose their potency when we attempt to describe smells and sounds. There is so much in our universe for which we have no words at all. I think we routinely fail to notice identical experiences because our words do not match.

What we do naturally, we do first and say later, be it throwing a ball or lucid dreaming.

Henri77
24-04-2012, 05:39 PM
I often think our addiction to words is the very fabric of our sub-conscious barriers. Words work best for that which we can hold in our hands. They lose their potency when we attempt to describe smells and sounds. There is so much in our universe for which we have no words at all.

Some feel the subconscious responds best to imagery , as the easiest way to reprogram beliefs. Like a child, it has less trust in words.

Even so, many many folks deny psychic visions they experience.

This is an interesting situation ..... many many children have spiritual-psychic experiences... but many shut down this faculty around puberty, after they're told it's a fantasy by parents.... so parents words are reprogramming the belief system and kids deny what they had experienced. Or just choose to ignore it, and focus on physical reality...instead...

Or perhaps it's simply that children want their parents love-approval , and CHOOSE to deny realities their parents disapprove of.

And since peers also deny these things,, kids bury what they feel in order to gain peer acceptance.

Henri77
24-04-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm beginning to wonder, the best way to reprogram my deepest, nonverbal belief system,
In order to open fully to the expanding potential we all are experiencing.

My conscious beliefs (of human possibilities) have changed dramatically in the last year. Now I need to convince the subconscious.

X Men, Dr Manhattan phenomena may well be a reality in the 4D universe,
but what can we create NOW, is the question.

Forest Wood
24-04-2012, 08:16 PM
You make interesting points, Henri.

I'm taken back to normality, and how the human perspective is shaped accordingly from birth to a certain normality. When something opposes that normality, it can cause a lot of problems. It's quite like when people get angry when somebody questions, for example, their religion. If something threatens their normality and the beliefs in their minds, instability is created.

As our world and everything within it evolves through technology, capabilities, and so forth, it does so along with the evolution of the mind. Things that were considered 'alien' once upon time exist today. As the normality is shattered, the path forward extends. The barriers are removed.

On another note, it is often thought that animals are more sensitive to the likes of paranormal activity. When you consider some of the messages forced within our minds, not at all forced in the minds of animals, it makes you wonder about whether we have simply limited our own abilities with what we choose to endure. In fact, the more technology in particular improves, the less we seem to be doing. It's almost as if we're helping something in the world evolve to do everything for us, rather than just facing our own mental evolutions.

The brain is incredible, though, isn't it? It's interesting when you compare somebody with pure confidence against somebody with absolutely none. No matter who the confident person is, no matter what they can and cannot actually do, they can create such an interesting energy. People flock to them as if brainwashed by that energy.

Henri77
25-04-2012, 09:00 PM
quite so,yeah.....
In a similar vein.
I was considering the internet yesterday .... how massive information tends to weaken self discovery- introspection... We just ask online, google for answers.

It's great we can share with someone across the globe... yet we tend to question our inner perception, and consult our inner wisdom less.

Folks tend to look to science, authorities for answers instead of searching within...

I see that in myself... I love learning new stuff... but don't seek within as much as I should.

Whet would it be like ....if we had no language... and relied only on direct perception? Would our perception become deeper, more acute?

Indigenous tribes who live on the land, NEED to be more attuned , in order to survive....
They can't pop over to the supermarket or pizza shop...but need to be aware of, sensitive to their enviornment, to grow crops or hunt.

And yes, kids are very aware... many see spirit .... as do animals... cause they haven't yet been told such things don't exist.

We all are deeply deeply brainwashed, just by socialization , education,media.....and have NO idea how deep our unconscious belief system is.

One we've largely accepted without realizing or questioning.

I've always asked questions ,as a youth... sought answers in books, philosophy...but eventually realized that personal truth wasn't to be found in logic, philosophy,books.... but only though direct inquery....

Einstein was a profound thinker, yet his greatest discoveries-insights were intuitive ones.

Tatzelwurm
16-02-2013, 01:04 AM
I'm rather puzzled by, and interested by these posts because I have quite often come across statements that children can see or do these things that adults just can't seem to. I spent my childhood quite literally trying to find 'paranormal' things around me, and I never did as a child. As a teenager I was fairly interested in quite a few things outside of what most societies consider 'normal', with lucid dreaming being one of them. I ended up frustrated because with all the effort I put into trying lucid dreaming, I could not get it to produce any good results.

The interesting part to me is that years after I quit trying, it's begun to come to me on its own. I've noticed myself controlling dreams quite on my own without any waking intention of doing so. I'm not quite 30 yet, but certainly past being a child. Obviously, whatever wisdom was within myself as a child was not enough to help me with my barriers.

I think when it comes down to it, there is a lot to be learned from outside wisdom as much as inside wisdom, but the focus needed to learn is trained from the focus it takes to get through the vast amount of distractions around us every day and see what is really important. Focus is exceptionally difficult for me, but it seems as though this filtering has been slowly training my mind to handle itself, more or less.

Miss Hepburn
16-02-2013, 06:37 PM
I had not seen this thread before. Thank you everyone.
I have been re-programming my subconscious mind for a handful
Of years now. And it has been successful...:smile:
One technique was mentally or verbally, whenever, saying things to
"Myself", like:
Everywhere I go You are all around me taking care of me.
I am your beloved princess and am open to all I deserve and You want to give.
Or ... Money comes easily to me.
Or, I can be and do and have anything I want.

NOW, I think I better start saying to "myself"...Nothing can stop me.
I can experience the center of Reality whenever I please.
All around me is bliss.
All there is Bliss.
Your very Nature is unutterable Love...and It is all around me, under my
Touch on the gate handle and every atom that bounces off my eyes.
I can not escape this Divine Romance.

I got carried away...I made myself stop...:wink:

Esoterian
24-02-2013, 04:02 PM
My experiences with lucid dreams have been interesting, but quite trying at times also. I went through a period of once being aware of my dream-state, trying to control the most basic things, such as movement etc., to the most amusing but time-wasting side-effects. For example, in the middle of a quite complex dream one time I realised I was dreaming, and decided how I would like to fly.

Thus it was I started jumping around really high, flying around, and leaving the rest of my dream there to disappear.

Similarly with focussing in on specific areas of ground/pavement/wall, in order to capture as much detail as I might be able to, and so again, the rest of the dream went to pot as I tried to analyse the composition of the tarmac on the road I was walking along...