PDA

View Full Version : Universal law

3dnow
12-04-2012, 03:24 PM
If you know that it is bad and you don't fear and you don't hate..

It cannot happen to you.

Quintessence
12-04-2012, 03:41 PM
It can happen to you. You just won't label it as "bad" or "fear" or "hate." =P

3dnow
12-04-2012, 03:42 PM
If you know that it is bad and you don't fear and you don't hate..

It cannot happen to you.

Correction:

If you know that it is bad, it cannot happen to you.

Because:
If you can say that it is bad, this means that you don't fear, if you don't fear you don't hate.

Crazy no?

3d

3dnow
12-04-2012, 05:00 PM
It can happen to you. You just won't label it as "bad" or "fear" or "hate." =P

Sorry Quint I couldn't get what you mean.

I think it is really simple.

You label it "bad". This means you don't want it. It doesn't happen to you.

There is only good in this universe. But if you want some evil in your life you get it too.

You are completely free. You want evil, you get it.

So there is only good because you get what you want even evil.

3d

TzuJanLi
13-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Greetings..

The only 'Universal Law' is Change.. the claim of an 'unchanging' condition negated by the claim and by the person making the claim..

Be well..

LIFE
13-04-2012, 01:36 AM
There is only good in this universe.

I'm sorry, but this is patently false, in my opinion.

This is one of my primary grievances with contemporary spirituality that I have been speaking about on another thread.

Quintessence
13-04-2012, 02:25 AM
Sorry Quint I couldn't get what you mean.

I think it is really simple.

You label it "bad". This means you don't want it. It doesn't happen to you.

There is only good in this universe. But if you want some evil in your life you get it too.

You are completely free. You want evil, you get it.

So there is only good because you get what you want even evil.

3d

That's okay. I don't get what you mean either. >_<;

Perhaps because as with LIFE, I very much disagree there is only "good" in the universe. I tend to see the universe as fundamentally amoral; "good" (or "bad") is something humans project onto reality.

LIFE
13-04-2012, 12:07 PM
I tend to see the universe as fundamentally amoral; "good" (or "bad") is something humans project onto reality.

Yes, absolutely.

People have an deep-seated propensity to hope and wish that the universe (and likewise beingness/existence) is ultimate "good". Historically, we've consolidated all of that transcendent "goodness" onto one representative imaginary being, but this is certainly untenable to most thoughtful people these days. But even though we've dispensed with "God", we still cling to this idea of an ultimate goodness/rightness that circumscribes the totality of existence. This is simply another "God" we've created, this time wearing different clothes.

When we become radically honest with ourselves and acknowledge that our human preferences have been coloring our view of existence, we can see existence for what it is- neither "good" nor "bad" but fundamentally amoral, as Quintessence stated.

BlueSky
13-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Do you agree that the universe has evolved, in us, being consciously aware, that we can create what we deem is "good"?

See that's the beauty of it all IMO....life can now be directed instead of randomly evolving!

James

3dnow
13-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Yes, absolutely.

People have an deep-seated propensity to hope and wish that the universe (and likewise beingness/existence) is ultimate "good". Historically, we've consolidated all of that transcendent "goodness" onto one representative imaginary being, but this is certainly untenable to most thoughtful people these days. But even though we've dispensed with "God", we still cling to this idea of an ultimate goodness/rightness that circumscribes the totality of existence. This is simply another "God" we've created, this time wearing different clothes.

When we become radically honest with ourselves and acknowledge that our human preferences have been coloring our view of existence, we can see existence for what it is- neither "good" nor "bad" but fundamentally amoral, as Quintessence stated.

I don't know but it was not a hope...

It sounded logical..

You get what you want.. A totally neutral universe which is my definition of Good.

Normally, it is all good. If you want evil, you get it.

So just be careful, what you call "Good".

EDIT: I assumed that wanting a good universe is normal.

3d

3dnow
13-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Greetings..

The only 'Universal Law' is Change.. the claim of an 'unchanging' condition negated by the claim and by the person making the claim..

Be well..

Hi Tzu,
It changes. It becomes what you make out of it.

3d

3dnow
13-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Do you agree that the universe has evolved, in us, being consciously aware, that we can create what we deem is "good"?

See that's the beauty of it all IMO....life can now be directed instead of randomly evolving!

James

Hi James,
My definition of good is neutral: You get what you want. This is perfectness.

I am not sure, how can this evolve.

3d

LIFE
13-04-2012, 01:09 PM

James

I think its absolutely inevitable that we will attempt to create what we deem as "good". I think we always have tried to do just that. The problem is we've never been able to. We always think that we will soon be at that place where we will be able to figure out all our problems and finally create our human utopia, but it never comes.

The idea of human beings directing evolution is exciting but also frightening as well. I dont think we are equipped to consciously direct evolution and I'm not sure we ever will be.

The problem with creating "good" for humanity, is that everyone has a divergent opinion as to what constitutes the "good." And what is most ironic, is that most of the worst acts of humanity have been by midguided people seeking to secure some type of good, either politically, religiously, medically, socially, etc. See: the crusades, the inquisition, racial "cleansing", Hitler, Stalin, eugenics, etc. Hitler genuinely thought he was doing the world a great "good" by exterminating "undesirable" human beings. The proponents of eugenics thought that they would be able to end genetic disease, birth defects, and produce ideal human beings, etc. But that culminated in more extermination.

A current example of directing evolution is with the genetic engineering of crops. This is, undoubtedly, our generation's foray into a eugenics of sorts, but with the potential for even far greater negative ramifications. We are opening pandoras box with this and once opened, it can never be revoked.

It seems like we create the most evil by trying to propogate what we deem as "good".

3dnow
13-04-2012, 01:17 PM
I think its absolutely inevitable that we will attempt to create what we deem as "good". I think we always have tried to do just that. The problem is we've never been able to. We always think that we will soon be at that place where we will be able to figure out all our problems and finally create our human utopia, but it never comes.

The idea of human beings directing evolution is exciting but also frightening as well. I dont think we are equipped to consciously direct evolution and I'm not sure we ever will be.

The problem with creating "good" for humanity, is that everyone has a divergent opinion as to what constitutes the "good." And what is most ironic, is that most of the worst acts of humanity have been by midguided people seeking to secure some type of good, either potically, religiously, medically, socially, etc. See: the crusades, the inquisition, racial "cleansing", Hitler, Stalin, eugenics, etc. Hitler genuinely thought he was doing the world a great "good" by exterminating "undersirable" human beings. The proponents of eugenics that that they would be able to end genetic disease, birth defects, and produce ideal human beings, etc. But that culminated in more extermination.

A current example of directing evolution is with the genetic engineering of crops. This is, undoubtedly, our generation's foray into a eugenics of sorts, but with the potential for even far greater negative ramifications. We are opening pandoras box with this and once opened, it can never be revoked.

It seems like we create the most evil by trying to propogate what we deem as "good" on other people.

Is this what I did unconsciously?

3d

krishna
13-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In pure light and truth.
Krishna.

BlueSky
13-04-2012, 02:47 PM

The problem with creating "good" for humanity, is that everyone has a divergent opinion as to what constitutes the "good." And what is most ironic, is that most of the worst acts of humanity have been by midguided people seeking to secure some type of good, either politically, religiously, medically, socially, etc. See: the crusades, the inquisition, racial "cleansing", Hitler, Stalin, eugenics, etc. Hitler genuinely thought he was doing the world a great "good" by exterminating "undesirable" human beings. The proponents of eugenics thought that they would be able to end genetic disease, birth defects, and produce ideal human beings, etc. But that culminated in more extermination.

It seems like we create the most evil by trying to propogate what we deem as "good".

I hear you but on the other side, we also created and directed the evolution of love and compassion....................:smile:

anghellic14
13-04-2012, 03:30 PM
In my perspective, the ultimate good can never be achieved unless the whole world is unified with a common cause and sense of mind. Yet there are so many different individuals and unity can never be achieved, especially considering that the world is moving at a unprecedented pace. Also even if you believe that evil cannot happen to you, a touch of an insect with a disease can inflict you as well, but you don't have direct control of the insect. My belief is that the world has a natural order and since we humans have evolved to become consciously aware of that order, we have manipulated it throughout the ages and the definition of good and evil has been distorted greatly, and religious figures have evolved out of this ill manifestation of manipulative nature, so we continue in this manipulation. The majority of people define there pretexts of good and evil based on their own knowledge gained mostly from their specified religion. So from the start the idea of good and evil in ingrained in our minds at a very young age. So these young children spread to their friends about what they learned and so on. The result of this is that we didn't follow the natural path, and the natural order is disturbed because what we thought was good and evil based on individual assumptions. So these stories pass to others and so on until they reach you. But how will you view them. Will they to distort your view on the world or do you have control of them if they are evil? Even so the natural order led to the point of where the kid asked spoke to you in the first place and even in you had a point of control, you could only control how his words affect you. In addition, you may have control of how the kids words affect you, but they will affect you, so control was never issued. Thus a never ending cycle of the world instead of the natural path. If we try to "control" this cycle, we to are a part of it. We must be intuitive and follow the natural path. I would like to elaborate a little more on this but first I would to hear some opinions on this.. Thanks

TzuJanLi
14-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Greetings..

Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In pure light and truth.
Krishna.
Please, refrain from being 'that' kind of human.. what you mean to say, whether you know it or not, is that the other opinions expressed are different from your's and you either don't have the capacity to understand, or you simply disagree..

Be well..