PDA

View Full Version : Deepest Fear

Shabby
10-04-2012, 12:57 PM
From Marianne Williamson and her book "A return to love" : “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

Do we fear our greatness?

Shabby
10-04-2012, 01:05 PM
From Osho on Fear:
But the question is the same: the fear is part of the mind. The mind is a coward, and has to be a coward because it doesn't have any substance -- it is empty and hollow, and it is afraid of everything. And basically it is afraid that one day you may become aware. That will be really the end of the world!

Not the end of the world but your becoming aware, your coming to a state of meditation where mind has to disappear -- that is its basic fear. Because of that fear it keeps people away from meditation, makes them enemies of people like me who are trying to spread something of meditation, some way of awareness and witnessing. They become antagonistic to me -- not without any reason; their fear is well-founded.

They may not be aware of it, but their mind is really afraid to come close to anything that can create more awareness. That will be the beginning of the end of the mind. That will be the death of the mind.

n2mec
10-04-2012, 01:32 PM
For me, I heard that "Hope" was the countermeasure for fear. I'm still working on this one.

Shabby
10-04-2012, 01:46 PM
For me, I heard that "Hope" was the countermeasure for fear. I'm still working on this one.

Really? That is interesting N2mec..... I heard Love was. Where did you hear that from?

lemex
10-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Duplicate post

lemex
10-04-2012, 02:47 PM
From Osho on Fear:
But the question is the same: the fear is part of the mind. The mind is a coward, and has to be a coward because it doesn't have any substance -- it is empty and hollow, and it is afraid of everything. And basically it is afraid that one day you may become aware. That will be really the end of the world!

Not the end of the world but your becoming aware, your coming to a state of meditation where mind has to disappear -- that is its basic fear. Because of that fear it keeps people away from meditation, makes them enemies of people like me who are trying to spread something of meditation, some way of awareness and witnessing. They become antagonistic to me -- not without any reason; their fear is well-founded.

They may not be aware of it, but their mind is really afraid to come close to anything that can create more awareness. That will be the beginning of the end of the mind. That will be the death of the mind.
I tell the mind something probably what no one does. It may come with me. That's it's choice now.

I've always seen central to this poem recognizes honesty in my eyes.

Shabby
10-04-2012, 03:30 PM
I tell the mind something probably what no one does. It may come with me. That's it's choice now.

I've always seen central to this poem recognizes honesty in my eyes.

Would you expand a little on that idea? Please?

Mathew James
10-04-2012, 03:57 PM
...Do we fear our greatness?

imo yes, and our greatest greatness comes from, love, hope, and charity,

mj

3dnow
11-04-2012, 06:03 AM
From Marianne Williamson and her book "A return to love" : “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

We are not children of God. We are not children of anyone. We are not children. (I mean our true nature)

I am tired. :smile:

Thank you.

3d

rsingh
11-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Hi Shabby

I do not agree with you and Marianne Williamson. I am living in ego. This means I am thought. This thought want to continue its existence. So only thing that thought fears is its own extinction and it will use every possible strategy to continue. Continuation of thought is to keep looking for salvation in future. Thought arises from past which is just memory and it projects into future to maintain its continuity. So thought will always keep me in past and future. It never want to be still so as to allow me to be in present where true I resides. Thought does not know if there is anything in present and it does not have capability to see the present moment as it is. Thought cannot even see itself. My awareness allows me to observe thought.

CSEe
11-04-2012, 09:43 AM

In my current understanding but not yet reach realization to accept it , fear is a reflection of ego / pride / own emotions / own desire and fear as joy , sorrow , love is a source of own learning process to understand ownself .
Fear of not knowing , fear of the un-known , fear of own "acheivement" , fear of "own weakness" is a reflection of own action , re-action or intention , a process of learning .

Thks
CSEe

amy green
11-04-2012, 09:47 AM
[QUOTE=rsingh]

I do not agree with you and Marianne Williamson. I am living in ego. This means I am thought.

Living in ego is living in a particular kind of thought, i.e. a self-centered one.

rsingh
11-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by amy green
Living in ego is living in a particular kind of thought, i.e. a self-centered one.

Hi amy green

No particular thought. By thought I mean any thought whatsoever it is. You can say thoughts. It is the same thing. I am thought even though I am aware of my thoughts. So I am aware that I am awareness and thoughts to be bit more specific.

Mathew James
11-04-2012, 01:26 PM
By thought I mean any thought whatsoever it is. You can say thoughts. It is the same thing. I am thought even though I am aware of my thoughts. So I am aware that I am awareness and thoughts to be bit more specific.

Sound like you would rather be caught up in your own thoughts then experience the world as it just is. Or is it you fear something in the real world and you chose to stay in your mind. The mind, body, and soul, perform the best when combined together.

mj

Mathew James
11-04-2012, 01:28 PM
i agree with what Amy said, "Living in ego is living in a particular kind of thought, i.e. a self-centered one." And calling it awarness is the ego's way of keeping the mind loop going.

mj

Shabby
11-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Hi amy green

No particular thought. By thought I mean any thought whatsoever it is. You can say thoughts. It is the same thing. I am thought even though I am aware of my thoughts. So I am aware that I am awareness and thoughts to be bit more specific.

Hi Rsingh,
If you are aware of your thought...or thought then you are observing thought...you can not be that thought nor one with thought as you are the one observing it. Does that make sense?

Miss Hepburn
11-04-2012, 02:05 PM

OMG! That is so funny - I have that quote underlined in her book.

Reminds me of George Herbert - 16c priest:

Love bade me welcome.
Yet, my soul drew back.

Here, this is where I currently am at - by Grace!!!! :

Take the worthiness that is yours, and let the "Fairies of the Universe" assist you.

Stop taking so much responsibility upon yourself, and live happily ever after.

Shorten that crevasse between where you are and where you want to be, on every subject, to now, now, now, now, now.

Ride the wave. Just pluck the fruit...
You don't have to be the one who puts it in the ground any more.

You can just skip across the top of things and pluck the fruit of all of the things you want.
"Oh, fruit. Oh, delicious this, delicious this, delicious this, delicious this."
In other words, it's all right there for you; it's ready for you to receive it as fast and as soon as you will vibrationally let it in.
--- Abraham (-Hicks)