PDA

View Full Version : How do you know the difference?

Invidia Luxe
07-04-2012, 01:49 PM
I am interested in channeling, and I want to make sure that when that time comes, I am not speaking my own opinions. How does a person know that the message is indeed channeled and not just their own thought processes?

Joshua_G
07-04-2012, 09:29 PM
It takes time and practice.
Often there will be a unique physical sensation as an indication.
To my view, more important than whether a certain message is actually being channeled -- is who, or what entity, is being channeled. Not all channeled entities are the same, of the same value and benefit.

Good luck.

beleeve111
10-04-2012, 04:41 AM
It deffinately takes time, practice and patiance with yourself.
It can be a little frustrating at first.
What works for me is to set boundaries and guide lines for myself and the spirit who is coming through.
The first thing I do is ask that the spirit come to me in a feeling of love and peace( I dont want to be afraid or startled).
Sometimes I will ask the spirit for a physical indicator. (arm tingleing, eyes watering, toe tingling,A warm sensation) something easy for me to pick up and know they are trying to get my attention or while they are sending there message to me.
I often ask for a warm feeling in my chest when its a message of a spirit and the warmth with stop if I start to speak from myself. The spirit will often work with you and help you deliver the message.
You can also ask the spirit to deliver the message in a way that is easiest for you to channel. Everyone is different what works for me may not work for you. :)
Some people use tarot, or a pendulum as tool to help channel.

Love and Light
B

God-Like
10-04-2012, 07:48 PM
I am interested in channeling, and I want to make sure that when that time comes, I am not speaking my own opinions. How does a person know that the message is indeed channeled and not just their own thought processes?

Hi StarSkye ...

In inspirational channeling it is difficult to seperate another conscious being from thyself . Both Individual mindsets become entwined and whilst the medium is still consciously present one can hear the thoughts of their guest speaker .

If one emanates love and light thoughts and draws to them another energy of similar vibration one could nod their head in agreement with every word spoken and this is where doubt can arise ..

Of course getting to know thyself is the key and watch out for the way that you will eventually express yourself with words that may not be your first choice that is used ..

Watch for your posture changing and your mannerisms etc ..

You will also as many channels do feel the change in energy around and within you .

Also there are so many levels to trance / channelings _ If you are not aware of what you say and a sitter say's you were speaking in russian (lol) then you know that it wasn't you .. :smile:

x daz x

Shabby
10-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Good advise from everyone. Maybe we could also clarify what channeling is as to me any information received through a vision or in meditation or prayer could be considered a channeled message. No?

Native spirit
10-04-2012, 11:35 PM
:smile: It comes with experience, many people think they are recieving messages from spirit, when its your own imagination.
you need to Meditate ask your guides to let you know when they are close and you will feel the difference in energy around yourself. then ask your guide questions thats another way to make sure the messages you get are from spirit, remember not everyone is the same so you may get conformation in different ways, a lot of ppl see like video images ,and hear words , but everyone is different so the experience will be different.

Namaste

Shabby
10-04-2012, 11:39 PM
:smile: It comes with experience, many people think they are recieving messages from spirit, when its your own imagination.
you need to Meditate ask your guides to let you know when they are close and you will feel the difference in energy around yourself. then ask your guide questions thats another way to make sure the messages you get are from spirit, remember not everyone is the same so you may get conformation in different ways, a lot of ppl see like video images ,and hear words , but everyone is different so the experience will be different.

Namaste

If everyone is different, then maybe one does not need experience : )

Quintessence
11-04-2012, 01:17 AM
When it comes down to it, ultimately you don't. Additionally, from a certain point of view, there is no difference between the otherworlds/spirits and your imagination/thoughts. There are also other potential explanations to consider that are not well-described by this dichotomy. It's the responsibility of each practitioner to make their own rules and to interpret what is going on in accord with their personal worldview. What I think is more important is to ask "is this true?" And by "true" I mean is this useful to you, does it make you happy, etc. If it is, who cares where it came from?

Shabby
11-04-2012, 01:27 AM
When it comes down to it, ultimately you don't. Additionally, from a certain point of view, there is no difference between the otherworlds/spirits and your imagination/thoughts. There are also other potential explanations to consider that are not well-described by this dichotomy. It's the responsibility of each practitioner to make their own rules and to interpret what is going on in accord with their personal worldview. What I think is more important is to ask "is this true?" And by "true" I mean is this useful to you, does it make you happy, etc. If it is, who cares where it came from?

LOL So true! Your post reminds me of what Albert Einstein said that imagination was more important than knowledge....and that came from someone that had a lot of knowledge.

Quintessence
11-04-2012, 04:50 AM
I have a T-shirt with that quote on it. *laughs*

I do like to believe in the otherworlds though. There was a time my brain couldn't accept anything otherwise, which I don't think was healthy for me. I had "imaginary friends" (spirit guides) I took very seriously, and the potential of them being "not real" was once too frightening for me to consider. Then I got older and was able to think "they might be just in my head or aspects of myself. I don't treat them that way or think of it that way, but it could be. Either way, they've been nothing but a blessing, so does it really matter? I guess not."

Plus, being able to look at it from different points of view is helpful when dealing with people who think the otherworlds and its spiritual denizens are hogwash. If I say to them, "hey, I totally concede that this might be my subconscious mind" they're less likely to say I need to see a therapist or something. >_<;

Joshua_G
11-04-2012, 04:40 PM
If everyone is different, then maybe one does not need experience : )
Possibly everyone is different and each on needs one's own experience.

Shabby
11-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Possibly everyone is different and each on needs one's own experience.

True, True... : )

Holly
14-04-2012, 11:06 PM

Some of it is intuition and instinct. For me, I instantly knew my first spiritual contact, Azrael, was something completely outside of myself. I did doubt it a lot though in the first months! I also had to decide if his messages were my mind or genuinely his voice. Honestly it's mostly practise and getting to know the being you're talking to. You'll start to FEEL what's good info and what's not - you have to be prepared to make mistakes. Your mind does butt in, but eventually you start to recognise the genuine voice, then it's just paying that attention and ignoring your mind! Once you get to know your higher beings, you'll know their signals for 'it's OK' and 'nope, try again.' You could ask them to show you what these will feel like :smile: I always get a very funny 'that's not quite it' feeling when I make a mistake with Azrael. I often ask him to repeat himself, or he'll rephrase for clarity, you just sort of develop ways to check!

As for how to tell if it's chanelled or your head - ask, has the channelled information been given with compassion and love for you and other humankind? Will the information help or harm? If it contains fear or it threatens you in any way it isn't from the highest source. I'm advised often by my angels if I ever get any of this to throw it away and next time I channel, ask for protection first. Ask for Michael's protection, he loves to be asked :smile:

Lightwaves
29-04-2012, 04:53 AM
I have found that my own thoughts have a signature to them while the channeled thoughts do not. Basically I have thoughts that are not my own.

I asked them and they said "Listen to your heart and you will know what you are going to say." I hope that helps!

Edit: I think Holly was spot on with her post. My higher self that I normally talk to gives me a nod or a head shake when I question whether something was what they wanted me to write. Also I'll get a crossing out motion through a certain word when reading it back or an underlining motion that says "Say this."