PDA

View Full Version : Challenges staying on the path

Divine Energy
01-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Hello everybody,

I'd like to start off a discussion topic about the many challenges a medium faces throughout their development and subsequent service work for spirit.

I think we all agree that this ISN'T an easy path to follow, even the early development years require oodles of patience - some days you may fly like an eagle, you can commune with your guides and Angels with relative ease, then for weeks, even months after, you may feel about as psychic as a wet lettuce...

As your awareness and sensitivity increase, this also brings its own challenges - add into this working with the general public and the steady stream of non believers. You have to become the contradiction between developing a thick skin, (or is that detachment LOL) whilst remaining hyper sensitive...

Is there anybody reading this who has pursued development, only to give up on it, once they realised the realities of following such a path..? Is there life after mediumship?

I would love to hear others' experiences and some of the challenges they have faced and hopefully overcome.

Best wishes,

Danny

cweiters
01-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Devine Energy this is true for all people, even non believers must face the challenge in the world of believers who attack them, insisting that they are doomed. They to must develop that thick skin you have mentioned here.

As your awareness and sensitivity increase, this also brings its own challenges - add into this working with the general public and the steady stream of non believers. You have to become the contradiction between developing a thick skin, (or is that detachment LOL) whilst remaining hyper sensitive...

I do my best to remember the two edge sword (it will always cut on both sides).

Love to all
cw

Michelle
01-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Hi Divine Energy :smile:

I was told by my own family a few months ago that I had changed, lost all the fight in me and become brainwashed as if in some sort of cult :icon_eek:

I have changed, in that they were right, I don't want to worry about anyone and everyone and would much rather be positive and happy which I am now :D

Michelle xxx :smile:

Edited to remove improper language. SF Staff

tiltjlp
01-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Hi Divine Energy,

I think the key to this, and anything spiritual, is your intention. If you do something because, or so you'll be better or more special than everyone else, you've most probably started down the wrong path. It's no bed of roses for anybody, but I think it's worth the effort.

John

Pounamu
02-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Hi Divine Energy,

While I don't regard myself as a "medium", I am aware that we as humans are all "channeling spirit" in some way or other - hopefully our own and Higher Self spirit... As each decides to pursue a path of spiritual unfoldment and evolution, we each have our challenges - as the Japanese say, "its the nail that sticks up that gets hammered down", and that tends to be true of anyone who attempts to rise out of the ranks of the average, the mass consciousness.

However, I can vouch for the fact (from my own experience) that it is very worthwhile, and really our Soul Purpose, I believe, to discover and then endeavour to practice Being Who We Really Are. If we are afraid of others' thoughts about our doing so, it will greatly limit us; if they have an issue with us about this, it is their problem, and we must not let ourselves be "put off" from this important pursuit - which to me is the reason for our being here. If we pursue our Soul's Purpose, we will be looked after and aided in every possible way; and even the experiences of others' derision will become for us strengths upon our pathway... you'll see!

I loved the "being as psychic as a wet lettuce" bit... Yes, we all experience times when we are not well "in tune", and have to have patience with ourselves and learn not to beat ourselves up about it, but get to work to ground ourselves, and intend to find a cause (which will probably be karmic), and to rectify it and heal. It can be done!

Many blessings upon your way,
Pounamu

Divine Energy
03-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Hello,

I would like to thank everybody for their replies to my thread. I've found some smart people on here, happy to share their thoughts and insights.

I've been suffering from depression, but hope to be coming out of the worst of it now.

Love and respect to all,

Danny

elaine
03-05-2007, 12:56 PM
hello Divine energy,
I would just like to add that the road can twist and turn at times and be bumpy at times too, but a tunnel always has light at the end IMO.

I may follow the medium path later on , Id like to say that I am in training at the moment.

Big hug from me and keep strong, hope you are feeling better , chin up,

Kind regards elaine x