PDA

View Full Version : overly sensitive....

shehari
03-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Hi all,

I know I tend to always ask the same questions over and over again. So if someone who has been reading my threads find them a bit annoying, please ignore.. :-)

Due to what I have experienced I am overly sensitive. Criticism feels like inner destroyment. I know where this might be coming from... as I am on therapy. I know that asking this over a forum like this no one can help me, I need to go through this by inquiring and finding it out by myself.

I always admired those who "seemed" to be tough from the outside. Ofcourse I dont know how other ppl. handle their own emotions. The moment someone would say that I am not intelligent, or treat me in a certain way, I get aggressive.

Sorry for asking the same thing... I really dont know why I need to ask this over and over again.

Thank you for reading, or not reading..

She

WhiteWarrior
03-04-2012, 10:57 AM
You say your problem is that your negative emotions get amplified? I am familiar with the effects of depression - I am bipolar. I have been in that stage myself and medicine is what helped me. Lithium. You sound like you have had some bad experience? It would be helpful to know your diagnosis.

Saggi
03-04-2012, 11:11 AM
And you get aggressive, because someone has stepped into your personal space and insinuated something about you?

Is what they are doing causing a stirring of emotions within you?

Is being aggressive a reaction to these emotions?

So, if they stay out of your personal space and don't insinuate something about you, it appears to me, you would not get an emotional reaction which leads to aggression,,,

Just a thought,,,

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Loving_Soul
03-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Hi all,

I know I tend to always ask the same questions over and over again. So if someone who has been reading my threads find them a bit annoying, please ignore.. :-)

Due to what I have experienced I am overly sensitive. Criticism feels like inner destroyment. I know where this might be coming from... as I am on therapy. I know that asking this over a forum like this no one can help me, I need to go through this by inquiring and finding it out by myself.

I always admired those who "seemed" to be tough from the outside. Ofcourse I dont know how other ppl. handle their own emotions. The moment someone would say that I am not intelligent, or treat me in a certain way, I get aggressive.

Sorry for asking the same thing... I really dont know why I need to ask this over and over again.

Thank you for reading, or not reading..

She

Hey She

I too behaved like that until recently - A personal crisis lead me to awakening within a love so deep for myself I have learnt a lot about who I am...

I begun sessions with a Theta Healer basically a soul healer in simple terms - we worked on healing past hurts and finding out the causes behind them some I was templated with by my ancestors some I have created here within this life - but ALL lead me to be highly sensitive as you describe - the anger is egos reaction to being hurt in an unjust way in your opinion - this can come in the form of feeling judged, unloved unappreciated targeted all sorts of negative energies....

Basically by identifying the cause - u can heal yourself - you can release negative feelings you are holding on to and move forward with peace and love...

I now can observe when my ego is in action - I can pause breathe see its my ego reacting and choose to let my higher self react instead....it works - for me at least it - I now walk through life with love and peace within....

I hope this helps xx

shehari
03-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Thank you for all your postings.

What I always experience when someone behaves in a certain way, lets say this person is creating in me the feeling of less worthness?? (Dont know if such a word exist?? ) I want to eliminate that feeling, trying to show that other person my power... this sounds silly, but I try to be more dominant. To be dominant I become slightly aggressive, I change my way of talking, or whatever.. it costs a lot of energy being that way, I dont want it, but it is very persistant.

Thank you all

She

Sarian
03-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Are you feeling or getting agressive or defensive? i can sometimes get defensive and lash out, but then I pull back and look at myself. When you feel this way, pull back and try to separate yourself from your feelings. You may have to wait until you've calmed down. I have to do this. If I don't, I won't see the bigger picture. Often when I do sit back and mull over what was said and then see what I did (if anything) to cause the person to say or react a particular way...most often there's somethingabout me that I need to get in check... mostly with people I know well. I don't know if I do that with people I don't know well, other than I'm told by just about everyone that I am always apologizing..yes, I do, habitual now, I guess because I was always having to apologize because I had experiences in my own life that it was just what I had to do.

Often for me as well, that feeling of being unworthy comes over. Again, like you, past has groomed me to feel that way at times, but you and I do not have to continue to be victim to that. On a good day I am very strong in myself. I know 100 percent that I am NOT worthless, in fact, I really, really like me and have a lot of traits about me that I'm thankful for. I am glad I'm different, I'm glad I am not a cookie cutter cutout...

It's hard not to see criticism as destroyment, but depending on who's delivering it to you, take it as constructive criticism to improve yourself. Don't change for another, unless it's something you are doing that could be destructive to yourself and/or a relationship, but say you fret constantly and it's ruining a relationship...try and work on the fretting...my mind goes off into a viscious cycle of fretting and it's usually triggered. I have to work on that a lot.

Also, I can get an email and one word or one sentence I might have read wrong and I can't even see the person or know the tone or inflection or facial expressions, so I can go off the deep end...and usually end up with egg on my face lol. I may have to read it several times to realize that I was the one who made the email horrible...in my mind, when in fact it wasn't at all! I have to stop being on the look out for bear.

Sozerius
04-04-2012, 10:34 AM
I understand that it can be very difficult to deal with negative emotions, especially when they have built up for a long time.

Try this to start getting them in a more balanced state:

Each day meditate on the energy of love and peace around you. Once you feel it around you, turn your focus towards your emotions, and your emotional center around your heart area. Visualize and feel a connection between the loving energy to your heart, and visualize the energy entering your emotions and filling them. Feel out any damaged, crippled, or weighed down emotions. Let the loving energy fill and charge those emotions to heal your heart. Do this for as long as you need every day- a great time is when you wake up. :)

Every time you do it you will be one step closer towards healing your emotional center completely.

shehari
10-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Thank you for the advice...

<<<Each day meditate on the energy of love and peace around you. Once you feel it around you, turn your focus towards your emotions, and your emotional center around your heart area. Visualize and feel a connection between the loving energy to your heart, and visualize the energy entering your emotions and filling them. Feel out any damaged, crippled, or weighed down emotions. Let the loving energy fill and charge those emotions to heal your heart. Do this for as long as you need every day- a great time is when you wake up. :)

Every time you do it you will be one step closer towards healing your emotional center completely.

I find meditation very difficult. As I am suffering with depression for a very long time. I feel that there are a lot of untangling to do in my subconscious mind. I guess there have been a lot of pain that arised in my childhood, and these thinking habits are very strong and repetitive.

Meditation is definitely a very good method to be more aware of thoughts. But in my state this is very hard to do. I guess I just have to give it a try over and over again.

Thank you..

midnightstar
10-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Shehari do you have any friends you could call when you feel low? :smile: I know EXACTLY how you must feel about criticism - criticism doesn't help if you already have low self esteem :hug:

If you ever need to talk I'm here :hug:

Xan
10-04-2012, 08:30 PM
What I always experience when someone behaves in a certain way, lets say this person is creating in me the feeling of less worthness?? (Dont know if such a word exist?? ) I want to eliminate that feeling, trying to show that other person my power... this sounds silly, but I try to be more dominant. To be dominant I become slightly aggressive, I change my way of talking, or whatever.. it costs a lot of energy being that way, I dont want it, but it is very persistant.

Thank you all

She
shehari... Issues such as a sense of worthlessness, and the urge to compensate for it, can be released and healed. Not only by traditional therapy but more directly by energy healing methods.

These methods may seem too simple to really work, but many people are finding them very effective. Two of these I can personally recommend are:

MIR-Method - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29467 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .spiritualforums.com%252Fvb%252Fredir.php%253Flink %253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.spiritualforums. com%25252Fvb%25252Fredir.php%25253Flink%25253Dhttp %2525253A%2525252F%2525252Fwww.spiritualforums.com %2525252Fvb%2525252Fredir.php%2525253Flink%2525253 Dhttp%252525253A%252525252F%252525252Fwww.spiritua lforums.com%252525252Fvb%252525252Fshowthread.php% 252525253Ft%252525253D29467)

The Healing Code - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=31115 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .spiritualforums.com%252Fvb%252Fredir.php%253Flink %253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.spiritualforums. com%25252Fvb%25252Fredir.php%25253Flink%25253Dhttp %2525253A%2525252F%2525252Fwww.spiritualforums.com %2525252Fvb%2525252Fredir.php%2525253Flink%2525253 Dhttp%252525253A%252525252F%252525252Fwww.spiritua lforums.com%252525252Fvb%252525252Fsh...ad.php%252 525253Ft%252525253D31115)

blessings
Xan

Archangel Ivory
10-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Shehari, try meditating and somewhat catch yourself being overly sensitive. When you catch yourself doing that, repeat to yourself.. I am doing it again and I must stop, no matter how strong the urge to continue is... Believe me, it can be strong... You should know Lol. Go to your happy place, like a feeling or something that gives you pleasure... Joy. It can be had to do but once you start, you will start seeing the benefits alsmost instantly.
Better still, approach the feeling in a dualisitc sense, it is a demon that must be confronted and conquered! She, you are much much more bigger than that. We are all rooting for your success.
Cheers
With Love,

storymaker
10-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Hare Krishna !

Dear Shehari,

Please do not feel embarrased to express your concerns and feelings. I had tried before to help you with my limited knowledge and ability, which obviously did not work. However, please keep my request and at least for once please contact our dear member here, Spirit Guide Sparrow, for her/his help and guidance. I am cent per cent sure that he/she can do wonders for you. Please go ahead and for heaven's sake try once.

I can assure, you have no problems. You only need love, care and affection from people around you and from all of us here. But to recognize that love and care is your responsibility and job. Shake off all past thoughts and all that had happened and start everything afresh. Please wake up and take a good look .... the world is still so beautiful ! We all want to see you out of the insipid state, full of life again and smiling.

Lots of love and best wishes.

SM

Sozerius
11-04-2012, 01:26 AM
Thank you for the advice...

<<<Each day meditate on the energy of love and peace around you. Once you feel it around you, turn your focus towards your emotions, and your emotional center around your heart area. Visualize and feel a connection between the loving energy to your heart, and visualize the energy entering your emotions and filling them. Feel out any damaged, crippled, or weighed down emotions. Let the loving energy fill and charge those emotions to heal your heart. Do this for as long as you need every day- a great time is when you wake up. :)

I find meditation very difficult. As I am suffering with depression for a very long time. I feel that there are a lot of untangling to do in my subconscious mind. I guess there have been a lot of pain that arised in my childhood, and these thinking habits are very strong and repetitive.

Meditation is definitely a very good method to be more aware of thoughts. But in my state this is very hard to do. I guess I just have to give it a try over and over again.

Thank you..

Meditation is not only useful for awareness of thoughts- but also to have awareness of the spirit, and the emotions. The energies of the spirit can heal the emotions, just so you are aware.

Bringing the energies of love and peace into your heart will help you even more if you struggle with depression. The spirit energy affects the emotions more than most people know.

FYI: You do not need to go into a "trance". The meditation is not any more or less effective based on what state of mind you enter into. Effectiveness is based on your connection to the energy- and your connection is based on how often you try to connect to the energy. The more often you focus on the energies of love and peace towards your emotions, the more powerful the energies will be because you will build up to getting a stronger and stronger connection.

Meditations seem weak at first because of the lack of a strong connection to the energy. That connection is created through meditation- so the more you do it the better you will get.

Also.. be more confident in yourself! Beating yourself up opens up ways for negative energy to just further depress you. Know that you are just as capable as anyone else, it just takes determination and continued efforts.

Your emotions are always there. If you fill your heart with positive energies, it can get to work to start healing the negative, dead layers of energy within you that are created by depression. The sooner you start bringing in positive energy the sooner you will be able to find emotional stability.