PDA

View Full Version : Not new but more resolved new thing.

Mr Interesting
25-03-2012, 06:08 PM
Yesterday was a visiting day, bright sunday morning, and get dressed up to go out into the world. I made some pants the other day and I loved the material but once made into pants... they are BRIGHT!

But they needed an outing so I figured out the tops to go with them then went to the mirror and laughed out loud it was just so BRIGHT!

The whole effect was so in your face I had second thoughts about going out and subjecting the human race to me. I just felt a little perturbed by the amount of detachment and humility that would be required to do this with grace. I didn't feel up to the task and preferred to change out the pants and shrink back a bit... but little voice said go on... you made the choice now do it!

I get in the car and end up on the motorway and after a while the front end starts shuddering a little... I've had this before and sometimes it goes away while other times it just gets worse and I have to get off the motorway and almost crawl until it eventually subsides. If I push it the shudder gets quite violent and feels like the front wheels will come off so I have to back off but this means I can't maintain speed.

It hasn't happened for ages and I'm a little perplexed. Anyways I get off the motorway and go the normal roads which'll take me longer to get where I wanna but it's required. So as I'm cruising along I wonder why it happens and eventually realise it's the feint doubts about what I'm wearing appearing on the edges of my self. What triggers this is this other chap who I see while waiting at some traffic lights... he's dressed really neat, kinda out there, but I can feel his slight apprehensiveness behind the braves he's chosen to follow. It hits me that I too am carrying apprehension and it's manifesting in my car....

So I centre up, accept my task and speed up and low and behold... the shudders have gone.

So when stuff breaks down. won't work, breaks and things just aren't generally working for you... it doesn't always mean you're going the wrong way as much as your going the way wrongly.

silent whisper
25-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Yesterday was a visiting day, bright sunday morning, and get dressed up to go out into the world. I made some pants the other day and I loved the material but once made into pants... they are BRIGHT!

But they needed an outing so I figured out the tops to go with them then went to the mirror and laughed out loud it was just so BRIGHT!

The whole effect was so in your face I had second thoughts about going out and subjecting the human race to me. I just felt a little perturbed by the amount of detachment and humility that would be required to do this with grace. I didn't feel up to the task and preferred to change out the pants and shrink back a bit... but little voice said go on... you made the choice now do it!

I get in the car and end up on the motorway and after a while the front end starts shuddering a little... I've had this before and sometimes it goes away while other times it just gets worse and I have to get off the motorway and almost crawl until it eventually subsides. If I push it the shudder gets quite violent and feels like the front wheels will come off so I have to back off but this means I can't maintain speed.

It hasn't happened for ages and I'm a little perplexed. Anyways I get off the motorway and go the normal roads which'll take me longer to get where I wanna but it's required. So as I'm cruising along I wonder why it happens and eventually realise it's the feint doubts about what I'm wearing appearing on the edges of my self. What triggers this is this other chap who I see while waiting at some traffic lights... he's dressed really neat, kinda out there, but I can feel his slight apprehensiveness behind the braves he's chosen to follow. It hits me that I too am carrying apprehension and it's manifesting in my car....

So I centre up, accept my task and speed up and low and behold... the shudders have gone.

So when stuff breaks down. won't work, breaks and things just aren't generally working for you... it doesn't always mean you're going the wrong way as much as your going the way wrongly.

Thanks Mr I for the early morning giggle...you were very brave to venture out in BRIGHT pants of your making...I do admire your willingness to just do it!!..Your story highlights the very close interaction we have with all elements around us and how our space reflects in all things including cars..:)....Their is a wonderful book somewhere in my collection of well loved books ...called "the body is the barometer of the soul"...In that book it actually dedicates a section to the motor vehicle and its correlation to our physical and emotional body...:smile:

Ps..you should be really brave and post a picture of you and your pants...:D

Mr Interesting
26-03-2012, 06:36 AM
I like that... I have my personal discoveries, of which some take years to formulate, then just when I realise they are something worth giving more energy too... someone else has already written a whole book about it!

Okay, I can accept that if the world had to wait for me to figure it all out we'd still be in the caves but really...nah, I'm actually chuffed that I can make these discoveries and then find others have already made them too. I do really think, and believe in, the idea that we need to do the breaking in of the soil by hand and sow our own crops before we get the experts in.

I think there really is alot of value in believing in your own judgements made by hand to hand combat with the elements within our own lives.

Enlightenment for dummies isn't a bad idea for a coffee table book but if you made two tables, sold one and took your loved ones out to dinner, bought the book and then placed it on the other table you made.... that has depth in my book. Depth of conviction by overcoming the possibility of failure.

But never forget the Purple pants!!!

Gregatha
26-03-2012, 06:45 AM
I would love to have a look at your pants mate.:D

Mr Interesting
26-03-2012, 06:49 AM
I am such a tease... patience grasshoppers.

silent whisper
26-03-2012, 06:57 AM
I like that... I have my personal discoveries, of which some take years to formulate, then just when I realise they are something worth giving more energy too... someone else has already written a whole book about it!

Okay, I can accept that if the world had to wait for me to figure it all out we'd still be in the caves but really...nah, I'm actually chuffed that I can make these discoveries and then find others have already made them too. I do really think, and believe in, the idea that we need to do the breaking in of the soil by hand and sow our own crops before we get the experts in.

I think there really is alot of value in believing in your own judgements made by hand to hand combat with the elements within our own lives.

Enlightenment for dummies isn't a bad idea for a coffee table book but if you made two tables, sold one and took your loved ones out to dinner, bought the book and then placed it on the other table you made.... that has depth in my book. Depth of conviction by overcoming the possibility of failure.

But never forget the Purple pants!!!

The discoveries regardless of the books are our own unique journey and it doesnt how many books one reads..how many others create their is something very special about the connection through experience that is much more fufilling and of course life changing... the experience itself becomes the gold in the end...I am an expereincer who read first then discovered later. I suspect when I manifested quite an intense ongoing period that was very fast, the knowledge I had accumulated is what saved me from going insane..so I was most grateful..:)

Mr Interesting
26-03-2012, 10:40 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/quickkiwi/newpants.jpg

There you go... it is about the pants but it's not about the pants...

so here's the pants.

Gregatha
26-03-2012, 11:46 PM

so here's the pants.

I think the top has something to say as well Bro.....got to lov ya..have an awesome day......:D :hug3: :cool:

Mountain-Goat
27-03-2012, 01:50 AM
Awesome get up and insight Mr.I
I am somewhat disappointed that chicks get to wear such beautiful colourful clothes, and us guys wear black suits type thing.

I'm similar to you. I so like, compared to the manistream, outrageous and flamboyant clothing, but restrict myself to small diversions from the mainstream as opposed to massive differences.

I have enough peolpe staring at my because of my behavior and speech and i choose not to add to that by wearing such things even though i would like to.

Good on you for making a difference.

Humm
27-03-2012, 01:54 AM
I'm so jealous! :cool:

Mr Interesting
27-03-2012, 07:29 PM
It's hard work sometimes.... I gotta tell you. But it's kinda my job I suppose.

I used to do it to be seen, to be noticed, I wanted the people to see me but now it's more about... well I don't really know what it's about, at least for everybody else except those that are inspired usually make it known their going to have a go themselves but for me, if anything it seems to be about humility and bravery.

What I find kinda interesting is that I'm reasonably poor but in making so much of my stuff myself, and repairing what I have, I can have this lifestyle that would take alot of money if people had to buy it. So I kinda think it's alot about that... representing a way of doing and being that relies not the outward defining the inner but the other way round.

When I buy alot of the material I just really like the colours and the patterns and I make something doing all I can to bring that into the clothing and when it's finally made it's like "Oh no, now I've got to wear it."

But there's these two woman I see once a month who really inspire me. They are both from Europe and it's like the choice they made to be here in New Zealand comes with the drive to be all they can away from the rigidity they felt in Europe. One especially is great as she has such a huge array of stuff she's made but is so busy making and selling more of it that she just throws on whatever she finds and the mismatch of patterns is beautiful and can only come from unthinking and just doing. She is just this riot of colour and pattern but you see it through to her earnestness to create and the humility she just plain possesses. It sort of becomes a contradiction in terms because the outward appearance is somewhat underneath her demeanour... like an inescapable honesty of who she really is.

I'm glad now I put up the photo as I've realised something here and it's alongside some research I've been doing on Mandalas. I found these Tibetan mandalas and one or two featured couples copulating and this seemed surreal so I had to find out why they were there. The reason was that they represented the combination, within one, of the male and female energies, and the reason they were incredibly erotic was that the viewer needed to go beyond those desires.

And it's kinda like the clothes in that I follow my own desires to be as colourful as I can, to enjoy the patterns flowing under the needle and being made into something, but then in wearing them they just become clothes. So it's about taking things to the nth degree to simply allocate them to the commonplace.

Hmm.

MorningMist
27-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Cool duds, Mr I!

:D
MM

Mr Interesting
28-03-2012, 05:58 AM
Now my clutch cable just broke!!!

What does that mean... I'm really lucky!

Broke on payday, so I had money, broke while I was waiting behind other cars and in neutral and on the flat where I just pushed it a little ways to park. Then a pet shop let me use the phone and a nice guy was there in 20 minutes...

So all in all my 21 year old clutch cable chose a very advantageous place to do it last bit of work.

MorningMist
28-03-2012, 07:13 AM

Broke on payday, so I had money, broke while I was waiting behind other cars and in neutral and on the flat where I just pushed it a little ways to park. Then a pet shop let me use the phone and a nice guy was there in 20 minutes...

So all in all my 21 year old clutch cable chose a very advantageous place to do it last bit of work.
Also that you got out of the right side of the bed that morning :D

MM

silent whisper
28-03-2012, 07:19 AM

You and the car are having some nice sychronistic moments together...:smile: :D

silent whisper
28-03-2012, 07:21 AM

so here's the pants.

One hot suit of delight you got going on there....Mr I....:smile:

Do you take orders...I love those pants...:)

Mr Interesting
28-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Hey Silent, orders?... I kinda do. Send me a note.

Found a cable, and learnt that the occurrence in these models is somewhat of a recurring problem... so I'm doubly lucky to have had mine last so long.

And I can fix the old one to use as a spare. The longer I have this car the more I realise how well it was designed... the fact the clutch cable can be fixed with a little barnyard engineering means the designers understood their place in the world. Now I better get the new (almost) one.

MorningMist
28-03-2012, 09:07 PM
.. the fact the clutch cable can be fixed with a little barnyard engineering means the designers understood their place in the world...

ROFL - You DO have unique perspectives, love 'em! :hug2:

MM