PDA

View Full Version : Is anxiety curable?

Mystic Blaze
25-03-2012, 12:32 AM
My apologies if I happened to post this topic in the wrong place. I'm looking though for any info anyone might have about anxiety disorders and treatments/cures for such a thing. I've had anxiety issues for years. It comes and goes it seems, but as of late I've found myself at my wit's end. I've been anxious nearly every waking hour for the past few weeks. I realize I cannot just resign myself to living with this, but I'm not sure what to do about it.

I tend to feel overly guilty or bad about everything I do which has any negative effect on anyone else at all. I know this is only the anxiety talking but still I can't make the feelings of guilt stop. So I try to never say no to anyone, to avoid feeling bad. That causes a new source of anxiety as people take more than i can logically give them. I might at times get overly stressed out over this along and say something I shouldn't say. Then I'm off again into the cycle of feeling bad for offending someone even mildly. I try to be perfect though I know I can never be. My behavior starts to slip a bit from the constant stress of the anxiety issue, and i can't help that either, but all the same i hate it more every day. It's even getting harder and harder to sleep.

Sure some quiet meditation might help, but that seems also the last thing i need... to be along in silence with the thoughts of anything and everything I'm unsure of in life, everyone I've ever disappointed and misbehaved toward. (Yes I think an adult can misbehave too. There's surely a different word for that, but I'm not sure what that word is. I just wish I could stop feeling anxious but I can't. I don't want to drive everyone away because they don't understand how my mind works. Anyway I'm sure a human being can only feel anxious constantly for so long before it starts to cut time of her life.

There are pills i know, but to me these are a very last resort. The last thing i want is to gain weight and get fat, sleep 16 hours a night, or spend the days feeling drugged. Please tell me there are better ways!

:confused: :icon_eek: :confused1:

Xan
25-03-2012, 03:30 AM
Yes, there are methods in energy psychology and healing that are effective for getting free of anxiety. Two I know well are:

The Healing Code - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=31115 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fsh...ad.php%3Ft%3D31115)[/URL]

EFT - Emotional Freedom Techniques - [URL="http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D4478"]http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4478 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fsh...ad.php%3Ft%3D31115)

These methods may seem too simple to actually work... but they do.

Xan

Silver
25-03-2012, 03:58 AM
It is said that if you don't get enough sleep, you will tend to gain weight due to that stress.

I've had people tell me about the Bach Flower Remedies and I finally bought some for myself from vitacost.com (you can combine the different kinds as needed).

I also have a prescription for ativan for as-needed anxiety - works well, too.

Gofa
25-03-2012, 04:55 AM
Firstly look at differentiating physical symptoms from psychological You could be allergic to some foods and the symptoms are anxiety from your stomach. Where the body goes the mind follows and the reverse holds too. Breathing poorly and shallowly brings on anxiety as does anxiety bring on breathing poorly and shallowly. Just a thought keep a food diary morning noon night what you ate. And how you feel. If its food a patten will emerge but days apart You mention it coming and going. If it does then look for a physical cause. It is so easy to blame ourselves. With me it's wheat. Any trace and I am tense and anxious. I have learnt not to fill my head space with corresponding thoughts but took a long time to figure out and eliminate wheat from my diet. It s so easybto think we are crazy when it just our body is upset with the junk we shove in it

Emilyanne-x
10-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Hi Mystic Blaze,
I have also suffered with anxiety, and it is definitely curable, no matter how long you have had it! If you got into it, then you can get out of it.
I have helped myself in many ways I will write a list of things you can do to make your situation better, and also a list of what could really cure your anxiety for good:
1) Try changing your focus from your thoughts. This could be reading, doing art (painting), singing, dancing. Giving yourself a focus will not only distract you from your thoughts but is enjoyable.
2) Exercise is good for relieving stress, giving you a focus and releasing endorphins (feel-good hormones!)
3) Drink plenty of water and eat healthily, this may help some of the nasty symptoms of anxiety.
4) Change your thinking! Just search on the Internet and there's many books out there to help you to change the way you think, this would not only help remove the thoughts you have, but could potentially take your anxiety away if done correctly.
5) Go for a holistic approach! You could try energy healing, I have heard of many people with anxiety/depression and they have been completely healed for good! Search 'Ellie Pechet' on the Internet, I have heard very good things about her.
6) You could try healing yourself as well if that's what you would prefer. At the moment I have been doing what is called the 'MIR method' which is a way of self healing and seems to be very effective. The 'MIR method' is a form of self healing and can heal you on a mental, emotional and physical level. I'm not too sure what the website name for the MIR method is (it might just be www.mirmethod.com) but just type 'MIR method' into google and it will come up with the link for the website. I have been using this method for 3 days, so I don't know the outcome yet, but from what I heard, it is VERY good.
7) You could also try the healing code which Xan has suggested above. I have looked at their website and the testimonials are very impressing!
Please message me if you would like to talk, I have had such terrible anxiety and I understand and I would love to help you!
Much love, hope I've helped and I pray that your situation improves!
Emily :-) x

higherself
12-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Anxiety can be cured, it has to do with the brain, a brain and nerve healing is thus required..

Native spirit
12-04-2012, 10:27 PM
:hug: Anxiety disorders can be cured ,have you thought of speaking to a counsellor about it? they will help you to find the tools within yourself to overcome the anxiety

Namaste

Emilyanne-x
13-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Anxiety can be cured, it has to do with the brain, a brain and nerve healing is thus required..

Hi there!:-)
In this case, do you have any idea of how/where a brain and nerve healing can be received?
Much love, Emily.

Zagacat
13-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Emilyanne-X,I am really riding this healing code train-but I was a poster child for anxiety. The way that I feel right now in comparison to a couple months ago is a miracle. Check out the Healing Code by Dr. Alex Loyd that Xan mentioned a little higher up in the thread. Be persistent with it for at least 6 weeks and I feel certain that you will feel miraculous changes.

TommyHG
04-07-2014, 07:30 AM
Yes anxiety can be cured.. Hypnosis is an important component to your healing. When you learn and practice Self Hypnosis, you can mentally practice and rehearse effective cognitive, behavioral and relaxation skills so that they become conscious and subconscious habits.

nicholsclinicalhypnotherapy.com

figaromelting
04-07-2014, 09:15 AM
Hello, from my experience of suffering with an anxiety disorder yes it is curable. The best cure for me was meditation, 20 minutes in the morning and evening as well as walks in nature, breathing in the fresh chi. Finding a hobby that you really love is important to get you out of your thoughts. ( if you have that already then that's great)

Also try walking meditation and mindfulness, it's transforming on all levels

It's just a choice

LadyMay
04-07-2014, 09:58 AM
My apologies if I happened to post this topic in the wrong place. I'm looking though for any info anyone might have about anxiety disorders and treatments/cures for such a thing. I've had anxiety issues for years. It comes and goes it seems, but as of late I've found myself at my wit's end. I've been anxious nearly every waking hour for the past few weeks. I realize I cannot just resign myself to living with this, but I'm not sure what to do about it.

I tend to feel overly guilty or bad about everything I do which has any negative effect on anyone else at all. I know this is only the anxiety talking but still I can't make the feelings of guilt stop. So I try to never say no to anyone, to avoid feeling bad. That causes a new source of anxiety as people take more than i can logically give them. I might at times get overly stressed out over this along and say something I shouldn't say. Then I'm off again into the cycle of feeling bad for offending someone even mildly. I try to be perfect though I know I can never be. My behavior starts to slip a bit from the constant stress of the anxiety issue, and i can't help that either, but all the same i hate it more every day. It's even getting harder and harder to sleep.

Sure some quiet meditation might help, but that seems also the last thing i need... to be along in silence with the thoughts of anything and everything I'm unsure of in life, everyone I've ever disappointed and misbehaved toward. (Yes I think an adult can misbehave too. There's surely a different word for that, but I'm not sure what that word is. I just wish I could stop feeling anxious but I can't. I don't want to drive everyone away because they don't understand how my mind works. Anyway I'm sure a human being can only feel anxious constantly for so long before it starts to cut time of her life.

There are pills i know, but to me these are a very last resort. The last thing i want is to gain weight and get fat, sleep 16 hours a night, or spend the days feeling drugged. Please tell me there are better ways!

Have you tried vitamin B injections in the derrière (to be succinct lol)? I had these and they worked a treat. I didn't think they would work either so it wasn't as if it was a placebo affect or anything.

Anyway, anxiety is a terrible thing to have. First I would say to try and stop fighting it. Accept it and invite it in to sit with your body. If you can't do this all the time then do a session of twenty minutes like every day at a specific time. Just jump into everything you are feeling and allow yourself to feel it all. This should make it better during the day and also help you learn to cope a bit better. Sounds counter-intuitive but it works.

I've said this to a few other people.. do not feel guilty for the way your anxiety affects other people. It's an illness just like cancer and there's nothing you can currently do about it. Worrying about what others think of it is illogical, harmful to your health, and also, none of your business.

As for the perfection thing.. I don't know if this helps but, you're already perfect exactly as you are. Anxiety, slip ups, mistakes, and all. These things do not define you.. they are just happening to you. It sounds like you perhaps have a lot of shame to deal with and this is where the anxiety is residing from. Maybe try getting to the root of the problem to deal with that rather than just treating the symptoms. Have you tried therapy? That might help a great deal.

Actually meditation sounds like it's perfect for you. Meditate on your anxiety (more or less what I suggested in my second paragraph) and face these thoughts. Once you realize they are just thoughts they will cease to have any power over you.

I'm sorry you're having to go through all this.. I know how it feels. These are the techniques I use to deal with any of my own anxiety that I might have. Since starting with the injections (a one off thing for me but you can get them regularly) I've become a lot more adept at handling it and it's gone down probably by about 85%.

VisionQuest
04-07-2014, 08:54 PM

SuperMind by Vernon Howard ....

Meditation

RedEmbers
05-07-2014, 12:31 AM
This is perfect... great timing :)

I've been trying to heal my anxiety issues for over 10 years... I made a decision at the start of the year to make an active effort to really deal with it... it has held me back from so much... it has paralysed me into stagnation on so many occasions...
With love... it can be released now...
Ive been putting a lot of effort into releasing it, layer by layer...
In the midst of it... my perspective is limited but hopefully in the near future my experiance will give others hope for what often feels like something unshakable.

Big love.

sea-dove
05-07-2014, 02:22 AM
Anxiety can be cured. First step one should take is to get some counselling to see if that helps. If it doesnt much, there are still a lot of other things which can help .. hypnosis, meditation (which can help one to separate from the anxiety by observing it instead of being drowned in it) etc etc

I cured the panic attacks I used to get, using my mind.

Gem
05-07-2014, 03:30 AM
I think it's good to research it and find out all about it. From an informed position one can better decide what to do.

RedEmbers
10-07-2014, 06:49 AM
I think it's good to research it and find out all about it. From an informed position one can better decide what to do.

Absolutely.

I have teamed my research up with my intuition and when the time was right and I was ready... I took action according to where my intuition and research guided me...

This is all a fairly recent happening (last few weeks) but in my soul I know that now is the time to let go of these old patterns. . . I think one really has to be ready in their soul. Even in these last few days I feel so much calmer... this time 2 years ago I felt like I could barely function day to day... often I'd stay indoors with the blinds closed for days because I felt physically sick from anxiety.
At 26, with so many years ahead of me I just felt I could either continue on like that or really have the courage and strength to get to know my anxiety... with the hope of it finally releasing its grip on me...
but then in being really ready I have sort of manifested certain challenges in my life lately which have forced me to make choice to replace fear with faith and trust.
actually I think that is one of the biggest issues with anxiety come to think of it... is a severe lack of trust of self or devine process.
I'm in no way religious but developing faith and trust has been the big lesson here.

So that's what I've been doing these last few weeks, letting the horse out of the gates and watching it gallop away until eventually it has started to tire and slow down...
Of course at this stage of my life I feel safe and supported to do so and that helps immensely.

Free at last... in the open air... its much nicer out here

I feel for anyone experiencing it... its horrible, no way to live and it can feel so unshakable.

anyways, mine is just another story in a whole universe full of stories...

Spiral3
15-09-2015, 06:46 PM
Mysticblaze, be aware that anxiety can be caused by a physical condition. I speak from experience with thyroid and adrenal issues. If your body is producing too much adrenalin you will feel anxious. It might not be a bad idea to get these checked, many many people have these issues and there could be a simple answer.

Also, mindfulness is brilliant at helping.

SuccessHealing
22-09-2015, 04:23 AM
Thank you. I am new here. You can contact me direct as I can check whether the source is due to physical, emotional, mental or spiritual. Do drop me a line...blessings..