PDA

View Full Version : Your Ayahuasca Experience & Spiritual Development

Ravens_Light
15-03-2012, 06:47 PM
Just wondering there are some who are willing to share their experience(s) involving the use of Ayahuasca to increase their awareness..

I have been studying some about DMT (which the main active ingredient in making Ayahuasca) and am very interested in the altered state it generates.

I understand this can be a touchy subject as in some countries the use of these substances is illegal, however asking questions is not. :smile: But, I understand that some may prefer to PM me and offer that alternative to posting directly on the thread.

Thank you in advance for anything you might be willing to share. ♥

Cam/EarthMamma

Arcturus
15-03-2012, 07:11 PM
i believe in the uk it's legal to buy and possess the constituent plants that make up aya but once you've brewed it to a liquid it's illegal.

one experience (not in th uk of course) was as follows::

i felt like a diamond was being pressed on my forehead, then out of my 3rd eye flew some kind spirit essence of myself (hawklike). i could feel it's great agility and speed. i had the feeling i should lie still and keep calm. a few minutes passed and spirit essence returned and re-entered my forehead. it was followed by what i would describe as 3 wizrad/spirit "doctors" and a fourth man who stood behind who was kind of overseeing things. each spirit doc took one of my subtle bodies and swished it lol with their hands. after a few minutes my subtle bodies were retruned and i had a kind of kundalini awakening for the rest of the night, peace~

Ravens_Light
15-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Thank you so much for sharing, Necta..

Very interesting indeed.. May I ask a couple questions?

I wonder at what point in your spiritual journey it is that you tried the Aya..

How it has changed or altered your spiritual viewpoint?

Do you feel it was something life changing?

And that it was a valuable experience for you?

I would also be interested to know if you or others have read or heard of negative *physical* experiences using this substance.. In other words any possibility of harm to the body or brain using it?

One last thing.. I would also like to know the general circumstances of the experience in terms of if you tried this while in the presence of a Shaman.. And or with others who have experienced this before (or not)..

I myself would probably do this in the presence of my husband - but would really prefer to have a Shaman or other Spiritual Elder guide us thru the experience.. Or at least be present. I certainly am not taking this lightly and will be as educated as possible on the process and realistic possibilities.

Thank you in advance.. Feel free to answer as many - or none - of my questions as you like. ♥

Blessings on your journey!

Arcturus
16-03-2012, 01:01 AM
Thank you so much for sharing, Necta..

Very interesting indeed.. May I ask a couple questions?

I wonder at what point in your spiritual journey it is that you tried the Aya..
after reading "the secret life of nature" by peter tompkins, i searched for it. it was mentioned in that book. funny i'm now retracing how i came to it. i bought the book after attending a weekend "rave" party in wales called pendragon, where i first saw faeries and other nature spirits. i had just come down with m.e. btw. the book i bought is about nature spirits etc and so...

How it has changed or altered your spiritual viewpoint?

not at all. but then what exactly is meant by viewpoint?
Do you feel it was something life changing?

it certainly feels life changing and was very interesting though i'm not essentially changed in any way.
And that it was a valuable experience for you?
i'm glad i did it. i feel most should try it. i also feel that there's no healing or realisation that you can have on it that you can't have without, so it's not necessary per se...for me anyway. i was already deeply into spiritual matters so there was no great paradigm shift for me...but it would be very surprising to non believers and people requiring alot of surface healing.

I would also be interested to know if you or others have read or heard of negative *physical* experiences using this substance.. In other words any possibility of harm to the body or brain using it?
depending on the admixture plant you use, the ride could be a bit more white knuckle than is required. the first time out i used too much of the wrong admixture and it was too full on. only use chacruna not chaliplonga is my advice. essentially though, even when it's too much it doesn't do any permanent damage. that's the consensus i found from hangin out on ayahuasca.com anyways.

One last thing.. I would also like to know the general circumstances of the experience in terms of if you tried this while in the presence of a Shaman.. And or with others who have experienced this before (or not)..
i was alone. a helper would have been handy as it can be a little difficult to look after yourself, i.e. walk to get water, but not impossible. i personally would avoid a shaman but that's just me. i might if they were more in the backround. they'd have to be cool. most in south america are devout christians apparently, and that's not what i'm looking for.

I myself would probably do this in the presence of my husband - but would really prefer to have a Shaman or other Spiritual Elder guide us thru the experience.. Or at least be present. I certainly am not taking this lightly and will be as educated as possible on the process and realistic possibilities.

some folk might fare better with an elder some better without, couldn't speak for another, not for me though. create the space etc, ask for guidance and protection and i'm sure you'll get an elder in some form. my experienvce is that the spirit realm is just a hair's breadth away and knows exactly what you're upto and takes measures to give way to that and you. checkout ayahuasc.com for research. i'll p.m. the rest.

Thank you in advance.. Feel free to answer as many - or none - of my questions as you like. ♥

Blessings on your journey!

any more q's feel free. peace~

Ravens_Light
16-03-2012, 05:08 AM
Gosh, thanks once again Necta.. ((HUGS))..

I appreciate you taking the time and sharing of your experience..More later, but wanted to say thanks before heading to bed.. Blessings.. ♥

xebiche
16-03-2012, 03:39 PM
I have not done Aya yet.

The dmt molecules are both an enormous challenge and enormous opportunity.

I am overjoyed that there are Peruvian Shaman (Professionals) who can guide us through these experiences.

Aya is much more gentle than dmt,
It comes on at a speed one can assimilate,
the visions and experience are influenced by REAL plant spirits and REAL earth spirits.
dmt is more cosmic in nature.

Shamans are definitely key.

Hawk
16-03-2012, 05:11 PM
I say experience it for yourself; you can only gain so much from others' experiences! And yes, as xebiche says, the Peruvian shaman know how to work with that plant spirit. I would not trust anyone who has not been trained in South America to lead me in an ayahuasca ceremony. But that is just my bias, not a hard and fast truth! But use your intuition when choosing a shaman to work with. There are both shaman and sorcerers who work with ayahuasca.

Hawk
16-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Aya is much more gentle than dmt,
It comes on at a speed one can assimilate,
the visions and experience are influenced by REAL plant spirits and REAL earth spirits.
dmt is more cosmic in nature.

I do want to point out that this is not everyone's experience. Some experience ayahuasca as very "hardcore." Intense physical reactions, intense visions, shamanic deaths, etc., are not things that one would consider gentle and are regularly experienced by individuals who use ayahuasca in a ceremonial way.

It also depends on the brew; there are different brews that yield different results. Some are more, again, "hardcore" than others. In fact my spiritual mentor calls ayahuasca a "rocket ship to the stars".

Also, as DMT is a component of ayahuasca, the "cosmic" nature cannot be divorced from this medicine. Ayahuasca can lead to very cosmic insights.

xebiche
17-03-2012, 02:44 AM
I do want to point out that this is not everyone's experience. Some experience ayahuasca as very "hardcore." Intense physical reactions, intense visions, shamanic deaths, etc., are not things that one would consider gentle and are regularly experienced by individuals who use ayahuasca in a ceremonial way.

It also depends on the brew; there are different brews that yield different results. Some are more, again, "hardcore" than others. In fact my spiritual mentor calls ayahuasca a "rocket ship to the stars".

Also, as DMT is a component of ayahuasca, the "cosmic" nature cannot be divorced from this medicine. Ayahuasca can lead to very cosmic insights.

Yes,

Thank you for furthering the explanation.
Yes, Aya can and usually does turn you inside out.

Such experiences are by no means considered "gentle".
But these are such valued experiences.
One can learn a lot on a bad day.

To scrub your conscious plaque takes opening you up.
Agitation is required to shake us free from what we have become fixed to.
So next time you have the opportunity to destroy yourself.., dont run.

Aya will free us from ourselves, this cleansing process can be excruciating mentally and physically..,

But afterwards, it is as if you passed a gall stone you never knew you had.
A small price to pay to clean your consciouness.

Thanks Hawk

Arcturus
17-03-2012, 02:53 PM
yes you should use some discernment when choosing a shamani; most south american shamans are devoutly christian and can barely speak english. they don't get where we're coming from, culturally, and there are many stories, and i'm not gossiping for gossip sake, of solo women being taken advantage of. i'm sure there are excellent shamans but there's plenty not so good too. one should do their research well if you're going to put yourself in the hands of a shaman. i have only ever done it alone and see no need for a shaman but then i'm quite confident, did my research etc.
this google vid "the man who drank the universe" is a good watch.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCEQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.com%2Fvideoplay%3Fdo cid%3D1547240899855868654&ei=_JxkT-KGHqXK0QWN1aSVCA&usg=AFQjCNHjO0ELf6Nv_dJKhtX6tqoxmp_nsw&sig2=YKpVZI0J1CBtGm0dZtFC6A.

Ravens_Light
17-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Lots of great points and wise suggestions to be sure... Thank you Hawk, Xebiche & Necta.. ♥

I will be very careful of course.. And should a Shaman be utilized I won't take it for ganted that calling themselves 'Shaman' means there intentions are pure.

And based in my research thusfar, it seems anything is possible.. My feeling is that whatever experience it is that I have -- and whether I like it or even thinks it's useful or not -- will be just the experience I was mean to have. However I am not going in without knowing the liklihoods and some of the known possibilities/probabilties.

Thanks for the link Necta - we'll give it a watch!

Blessings to all.. Cam/EarthMamma

Hawk
17-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Lots of great points and wise suggestions to be sure... Thank you Hawk, Xebiche & Necta.. ♥

I will be very careful of course.. And should a Shaman be utilized I won't take it for ganted that calling themselves 'Shaman' means there intentions are pure.

And based in my research thusfar, it seems anything is possible.. My feeling is that whatever experience it is that I have -- and whether I like it or even thinks it's useful or not -- will be just the experience I was mean to have. However I am not going in without knowing the liklihoods and some of the known possibilities/probabilties.

Thanks for the link Necta - we'll give it a watch!

Blessings to all.. Cam/EarthMamma

Again, this may be my personal bias, but I do recommend enlisting the help of a shaman when working with plant medicines. You will get the most out of your ceremonies with someone who can track your progress and help you along if you need it. It is easy for some to get "stuck" in certain areas of the journey and it can be helpful for a shaman to track your energy and get you back on track if needed. Just a suggestion, again there are not hard and fast rules.

I have heard both positive and not-so-positive stories about plant medicine journeys with and without the help of a ceremonial leader. I did my ceremony with a shaman and had a wonderful experience, so that's probably why I'm recommending that to you.

In either case, I'm sure you will get what you need if you're open.

Hawk

TravelingSource
29-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Im going for a ayahuasca ceremony next week, ive had four experiences before and going for three more. Yage has showed me so much, showed me sacred geometry art, I know my direction I want to go in life, gained the knowledge to help other and make a impact on the world in a positive way. Looking forward to a good purge and taking out the garbage. Looking forward to thehyperdownload aswell. If you have the courage to jump into the fire you will be reconnected with nature and your true infinite being of wholeness. You always wonder why people keep coming back through such a difficult experience but when you feel that healing going through every part of your being you are willing to jump right back in.