PDA

View Full Version : Not Lucid Dreaming, but Deep Conscious Dreaming

John Elessar
09-03-2012, 02:42 AM
I am able to put myself into a mental state where I am almost but not quite in full sleep mode-I can keep a "spark" of consciousness going for quite awhile. I usually do this when taking naps in the middle of the afternoon between work shifts, as I want to avoid REM sleep which can be a bit debilitating. I've had no revelations of whatever sort however while in this state (perhaps my mind is too cluttered with swirling thoughts), but it is relaxing. Anyone else ever experience same?

GoldenLioness
05-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Just happened upon this thread. I have experienced the same between REM sleep states and waking, usually by just focusing on my breathing. Some times I will see colors in my third eye, and my point of view is from my third eye, rather than from my entire body. On other occasions I have meshed with the Inner sound current, feeling the love and melodies of the universe. These are never my intentions, but are always welcomed :)

wstein
06-01-2014, 03:28 AM
Yes, I am familiar with this state. You can do a similar thing from the dreaming side where you are fully aware but dreams are going on. You can choose to participate in the dream or not. In many ways its not much different from some meditative states.

If you want to 'do' something from this state, I suggest asking yourself why your life is going as it is. This will start a context that will unfold and likely lead to some useful insights.

GoldenLioness
06-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Thanks wstein! I'll be sure to do that