PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Answers

Red Sky
07-03-2012, 04:40 AM
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions and I'm hoping someone will be able to provide me with some insight. I have reason to suspect that my son may be under some sort of spell. I don't consider myself to be a witch nor do I consider myself to be very knowledgeable about spells, however I have read and studied somewhat. Anyway, in the past year since my adult son met the woman he is now with, his whole personality has completely changed. I do understand that people can change but this change is very dramatic. He no longer associates with friends or family. He does for her children over his own son. What bothers me most is that when she is not around he is always saying how he doesn't love her and wants her to get out of his life but then his attitude totally changes and he acts like a puppet and she's pulling the strings. She hardly lets him out of her sight, even calling him repeatedly at work and seems to control every aspect of his life. My son has always been very independent and never liked anyone telling him what to do. But now suddenly, it's like he has no will of his own anymore. Also, I don't mean to sound offensive in any way but the girl is not the type of female that my son would normally be attracted to. She is not his type physically or personality wise. I know that opposites attract and all that but if you knew him and could see how dramatic the changes in his personality are, you would understand what I mean. It's just like he's a completely different person now. His brothers and sister as well as friends have all noticed how odd he now acts and none of us understand why. I don't know if she's just a controlling, manipulative person or something more. Is it possible that it could be some type of spell and if so, what could be done about it? Thank you in advance for any insight into this situation.

Lostgirl
07-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Hi.

First of all is there any reason you would suspect her to be a witch?!

Secondly i dont feel your son is under any spell. My sister is exactly the same. She finds a new relationship and she changes. Just as dramatcially as you say your son has. Recently she has met a guy who has changed her for the better i have to say, but she is a COMPLETELY different person. I wouldnt jump to the conclusion of hes under a spell. Maybe you should sit down and talk to him, if he says he doesnt love her then ask why he stays with her....maybe its something other than a spell. Especially if he says he doesnt love her. Pretty poor love spell if you ask me:D

I personally would say that she is just a controlling person. Also if you have a negative attitude towards her she may pick up on that and not want to associate with you or his family, which may also impact on the amount of time he spends with you?!

Im by no means saying you are in the wrong, just trying to look at it from all possible angles :)

Red Sky
07-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Thanks for your opinion. You're probably right. But it's just really weird. He's been with other girls and like I said even has a son to a previous relationship, but he never stopped associating with his family, friends, co-workers etc. before. I guess a person would have to know him and his past to understand what I mean. I feel like I've fallen into an alternate dimension and everyone else close to him feels the same way. Anyway, thanks for the input.

Lostgirl
07-03-2012, 09:10 PM
I think if you sit down and talk to him about it alot would be solved! Love makes people do funny things! I hope it all get sorted.

LadyTerra
08-03-2012, 08:56 PM
You need to remember that what you have described is (also) attributed to abusive, predatory, people and the co-dependent personalities upon which they prey.

Your Son could very well be in what is refered to as an enabling relationship and (in any case) only he will be able to remove himself from it by hitting bottom and finding the courage to resist her.

I feel your pain--for I have lost my Daughter (who was my closest friend) to a man like this. He wields a power over her that makes her forget everything she was ever taught about self-respect, independence, and self-esteem.

In order to have him--she created a needless situation between the two of us. She had to remove me from her life--in order to have him and did so without even batting an eyelash. I tried to include him and she excluded me (instead).

She is behaving completely out of character (much like your Son)--but there is nothing that I can do--until she determines to reclaim control of her life and re-establish relationships with the people who truly love her and want her to think and decide for herself.

I would only be sinking to his level and playing into his hand--if I tried to influence her choices--so I have taken a large step backward and removed myself from the equation.

I have decided to have faith in my Daughter's (innate) intelligence and independence and wait--until the seeds I took so much time and care in planting begin to take root and grow. This is her first romance and the honeymoon will eventually end.

I may not agree with her current choices and I definitely have issues with her disloyalty and deception--but I must believe that one day she will come back to herself and (even if it is too late for us) regain her self-respect.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...:hug2:

Red Sky
09-03-2012, 01:45 AM
LadyTerra,

Thank you very much for your reply. The situation with my son sounds very much like the one with your daughter. I only hope and pray that you are right and that our children will escape these predatory people and have lives of love and light that they deserve.

LadyTerra
10-03-2012, 03:23 AM
LadyTerra,

Thank you very much for your reply. The situation with my son sounds very much like the one with your daughter. I only hope and pray that you are right and that our children will escape these predatory people and have lives of love and light that they deserve.

My personal email is [email protected] , or please feel free to PM me--if you ever need a friend to listen and share. :hug2:

Peace and Love on the path to TotalHealing...

Blessed be...