PDA

View Full Version : Natural Remedies to Quit Smoking

nailspiritseeker
06-03-2012, 04:24 PM
I've heard that Lobelia can help along with passion flower, ginseng, and cayenne pepper. I've read that Lobelia can have some unpleasant siteffects though. Has anyone tried these natural herbs to quit smoking or any other herbs and been successful?

Lodewijkp
16-03-2012, 06:30 PM
passionflower never did much for me .. unless i took huge amounts of extracts ( extracted myself ) - i don't see the hype , most passionflower supplements are such low quality they don't do anything.

i found green tea to be effective , however alot of caffeine and fluoride isn't really good for you so keep check of your intake.

Another very effective one is theobromin found in chocolate... cocoa and chocolate is processed and not really a health food. It stimulates the same parts of your brain that are activated when you smoke tobacco. Theobromin can cause mood swings and addiction- but it's less worse than nicotine addiction.

try liquorice...

if you search for a herb to induce psychological change when it comes to addiction.. try hawain baby woodrose.

Liet
16-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Do crystals or meditation count as a natural remedy? if so, aim for grounding. it ramps up your selfcontrol...
Might be a useful tool if you wanna quit an addiction.

Sapphirez
25-01-2013, 11:54 AM
this is belated, but important so I would like to add that I smoked cigarettes for ten years and was able to quick in one shot with a homeopathic remedy called Smoke Control by the brand King Bio. it is a spray, no nicotine or anything like that in it. it worked wonderfully obviously because it's been more than 3 years and I have not smoked ever again :smile:

Eonnn84
14-04-2013, 06:35 AM
Smoke Control sounds good, I had a look at the list of ingredients and it contains lobelia. I am not quite ready to give up yet but when I do I think I will try this.

There are also some stop smoking kits you can buy which contain natural ingredients.

Scattered Sheep
15-05-2013, 04:54 AM
When Yahushua the Son of YHWH saved my soul I was able to quit smoking after 10 years. I was not a heavy smoker, about a pack and a quarter a day except on weekends when I binge drank, but now I am clean, for about 20 years. He did it for me, and He can do it for you!

Songbirds
26-06-2013, 12:09 AM
I'm not completely aware of any natural remedies which can be used to quit smoking, but I suppose there are things which can help you along the way by treating anxiety e.g. valerian root.

Have you not tried any traditional treatments, such as nicotene patches? They supply small amounts of nicotene to your blood stream to help wean you off slowly and avoiding withdrawal symptoms, while blocking the nicotene receptors in the brain, so if you do relapse, you don't get the same enjoyment out of smoking. Your doctor can also prescribe medicines, such as varenicline and bupropion, which act in a similar fashion. However, I am aware that some people do prefer the all natural route, so any supplements which may reduce anxiety related to withdrawal may be beneficial.

You can definitely do this, with or without help. Just try and find the willpower within yourself to beat those cravings, and eventually you wont want to smoke at all! :)