PDA

View Full Version : I'm sure I'm being haunted, but its strange. I need some answers.

Tsubaki
03-03-2012, 09:19 PM
I lived in a house before that was haunted by a girl a year or so younger than me. I saw her around constantly and she seemed to enjoy watching me. Yet she would never follow me anywhere outside the house and I was glad about that. I think she was about twelve and was from the colonial times. It was nothing unusual and i grew used to feeling what it was like to have a ghost around me. I began finding the clues that my body gave when one of was near me.

Well my family moved into a new house a few years back. On my first night I could not sleep. I knew the street behind me was a really bad place and a lot of killings happened on both streets. Gun shots and fights are common sounds to hear. While I was laying in my bed I kept staring at my closet door. The room was empty except for my air mattress i lay on across the room from the door. I couldn't feel anything around me but as I stared at the door i saw a shadow take shape of a young man. No older than sixteen. From the outline I could see shaggy hair almost shaped like an emo haircut, and I could see a tight fitting shirt and skinny jeans. I got really scared and hide under my blanket for awhile, when I looked out again i saw a light circle my walls. It looked to be coming from outside but I didn't get up to look and I soon fell asleep.

After that nothing to strange happened. Other than one room in the house was utterly freezing. I remembered my parents said the house was built and lived in by a couple. The wife died not long ago and the husband came and fixed some things up for us. They didn't have a son so I was curious about the shadow and talked to a friend about it. She figured it was just a ghost nothing to worry about. I shrugged it off but lately things have gotten really strange.

It's been about two years since I saw the shadow. Now at all times I can feel something watching me. My cats are often staring at empty places in my room. Very often I can feel something brush up against me. Only two months back i was in the a really hot shower and felt my whole back turn to ice. The next night I could make out the same figure that had been on my door through the steam of the shower. And the most recent happenings I can feel him near me when I'm going to sleep. I can hear heavy breathing when I am walking places and hear another set of footsteps with me. (though this is something i am used to as it has happened many times before but it stopped sometime when I was a child.)

My Mother has said it could be my Guardian angel as we are Christens. I don't believe that though and have many times thought about it. I have even have thought to why I can't properly see him as I did the young girl. As far as I have gathered he may be protecting me from something as I do have a friend who's house has had demons in it before. I think he may have been one of the murders on my street.

I was wondering if anybody could help me out. I don't mind him following me around, and there seems to be some kind of connection between us. I just want to know why he is different from other ghosts who have been around me.

(Also just a side note one night I could smell this really heavy perfume that almost choked me but I was home alone that night. Any explanations to this would be nice.)

pgrundy
03-03-2012, 10:49 PM
I would just ask him what he wants. If you don't get an answer immediately, ask before you go to sleep.

If you don't get any answer, ask him to knock it off. Be firm. Life is for the living, and if he's stuck he needs to either move on or respect your space.

Don't get too wrapped up in it. Each day when you wake and throughout the day when you think of it, set your intention by saying clearly to yourself something like, "I release all fear and anger, all sadness and guilt, and move in the light and love of Spirit." Picture a warm golden light surrounding you.

Nothing bad can happen to you if your intention is clear and right.

Under no circumstances should you bring a Ouija board or try to conduct a seance or any such thing like that. Lots of people think they have to do that and then they end up letting all kinds of stuff into the house and before they know it they have a real problem.

It sounds like you are dealing with a ghost. A ghost is a dead person, just a person who is confused and stuck. The best thing you can do is be clear and calm and don't overreact. Good luck. :bunny:

Occultist
03-03-2012, 11:01 PM
I dot think interacting with something you know nothing about could be a good thing. Also was you told before you moved in a girl was haunting it?
Before you went to sleep that first night? I would also like to point out change is diffacult for a child big change like a different dwelling might be over whelming. Certain rooms in old homes are freezing like a room with a wall that is also the outside wall also. If it isnt well insulated can cause cold spots. Purfume is the most common thing people always ask about. The owners before you could have sprayed alot of purfume or sweet smelling cigars and when the house heats up this comes like waves. So take some sand paper and gently rub the wood in the room including door chair rails or anything else and see if you smell purfume then. You might also want to open all the windows and wash the entire house down top to bottom scrubbing and sudsing and washing just go room by room make sure and rent one of those alpholstery washers you can rent in your grocery store and even do furniture. then see if you still feel uncomfortable or smell weird smells. your going to need alot of elbow grease go even under the fridge and furniture get all risidual scent out of the house.

Native spirit
04-03-2012, 12:01 AM
:smile: Try smudging your home with smudge sticks, if it still continues

cover yourself in a pure bright light,and ask who it is thats with you

if you are near to a spiritulist church you could ask for help from there.
a medium might come to your house and cleanse it if needed.

Namaste

res
04-03-2012, 09:02 AM
I would just ask him what he wants. If you don't get an answer immediately, ask before you go to sleep.

If you don't get any answer, ask him to knock it off. Be firm. Life is for the living, and if he's stuck he needs to either move on or respect your space.

Don't get too wrapped up in it. Each day when you wake and throughout the day when you think of it, set your intention by saying clearly to yourself something like, "I release all fear and anger, all sadness and guilt, and move in the light and love of Spirit." Picture a warm golden light surrounding you.

Nothing bad can happen to you if your intention is clear and right.

Under no circumstances should you bring a Ouija board or try to conduct a seance or any such thing like that. Lots of people think they have to do that and then they end up letting all kinds of stuff into the house and before they know it they have a real problem.

It sounds like you are dealing with a ghost. A ghost is a dead person, just a person who is confused and stuck. The best thing you can do is be clear and calm and don't overreact. Good luck. :bunny:

Why is it so common for people to think that spirit presences are stuck and confused? what proof is there of this? What if the spirit considers itself as living life and is being pushed around by human ego thinking that we have some born right to own and control a piece of space and time. Why not just accept and share common ground without pulling out an army of sage, the clergy and throwing your weight around pressing the "im more important than you" point of view so move on Casper.

Maynah
04-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Not sure who I'm picking up here but I just had a vision of a girl with blonde curly hair, tied up in pig tails with black ribbons. Long white dress, long sleeves with frills. Is that her?
and black boots

pgrundy
04-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Why is it so common for people to think that spirit presences are stuck and confused? what proof is there of this? What if the spirit considers itself as living life and is being pushed around by human ego thinking that we have some born right to own and control a piece of space and time. Why not just accept and share common ground without pulling out an army of sage, the clergy and throwing your weight around pressing the "im more important than you" point of view so move on Casper.

I don't think all spirit presences are stuck and confused. Nor do I think that I'm better than anybody, spirit or flesh. What I do think is that some spirits are ghosts and some aren't, and ghosts, being people who have passed, should not intrude on the living unless there's a good reason. That's why I would start by asking if there's a reason.

In general I think most people overreact to contact with spirits. There are a couple of common overreactions, both not very helpful. One is the one you are objecting to--calling in ministers, psychics, exorcists, and what not as if there's something inherently evil there when the truth is you don't know what is going on at all. And the second is getting so fascinated with the phenomenon that you get overly involved and give it more attention that is good for you.

The reason my post focused on establishing boundaries was concern for the poster, not disrespect for the spirit. Most people have their hands full with their own lives and adding the agenda of a disincarnate entity is a negative distraction.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me. I'm speaking from experience, not from dogma. But I've been wrong before so I'm certainly open to other interpretations. :smile:

res
05-03-2012, 06:49 AM
I don't think all spirit presences are stuck and confused. Nor do I think that I'm better than anybody, spirit or flesh. What I do think is that some spirits are ghosts and some aren't, and ghosts, being people who have passed, should not intrude on the living unless there's a good reason. That's why I would start by asking if there's a reason.

In general I think most people overreact to contact with spirits. There are a couple of common overreactions, both not very helpful. One is the one you are objecting to--calling in ministers, psychics, exorcists, and what not as if there's something inherently evil there when the truth is you don't know what is going on at all. And the second is getting so fascinated with the phenomenon that you get overly involved and give it more attention that is good for you.

The reason my post focused on establishing boundaries was concern for the poster, not disrespect for the spirit. Most people have their hands full with their own lives and adding the agenda of a disincarnate entity is a negative distraction.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me. I'm speaking from experience, not from dogma. But I've been wrong before so I'm certainly open to other interpretations. :smile:
i didnt intend on directing that at you pgrundy and thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Yeah i have to agree with some over reacting but i suppose that is to be expected to some degree when dealng with things that dont seem to fit in with our concept of living. I am not opposed to any system or process that others care to use and my only concern is that we may not understand the impact we can have on others existance.

It could be possiible that at times we overlap with another realm of consciousness. Maybe they are not visiting our realm of consciousness at all and are going about their everday motions just as we are. Maybe the smells that we sense are them buring incense to get us out of the house that they have lived in for years thinking we are the intruders. Maybe the auditory phenomena we experience are clergy that they asked to come to their house and rid them of our intrusion. Maybe poltergeists are just someone having a tantrum in their own house and the concentrated energy carries over in to our realm.

My point is who is the intruder when you consider the possiblilities of others realms of consciousness. I find it interesting that some human beings give ourselves the right to say who is intruding and lay claim to our existance being foremost and all others must give way to keep us happy and in control. I used to be this way sadly.

A lot of haunting threads start with "We moved to this new house" so who would this indicate is the intruder? Would the negative word 'intruder' exist if both agree to co-inhabit the property peacefully? I think peace in this instance comes from understanding the ego of ownership.

This is probably a good debate for another thread :smile:

yama
17-03-2012, 05:33 AM
:smile: Try smudging your home with smudge sticks, if it still continues

cover yourself in a pure bright light,and ask who it is thats with you

if you are near to a spiritulist church you could ask for help from there.
a medium might come to your house and cleanse it if needed.

Namaste

What are smudge sticks?? And maybe he feels comforted by you

res
20-03-2012, 09:20 AM
I believe they can be sage leaves tied together. People burn them to cleanse a space using the smoke. I suppose its the equivilent of burning frankincense and myrrh as they do in the church.

RiversLady
20-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Have you spoken to any other mediums here or elsewhere? I am concerned because you are seeing and feeling anything that happens to be around. If you happen to run into something negative, it could take you over before you knew what was happening. Talk to a reliable proffesional or read some good books on what to do to protect yourself. Good luck and keep us informed about your adventures (they are adventures into self exploration!).

res
21-03-2012, 07:10 AM
If you happen to run into something negative, it could take you over before you knew what was happening.

Im not sure i understand what this means?

MorningMist
21-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Despite my own experiences, let me preface this by saying I'm not an expert, but if I was missing my body and was stuck wafting about like a bit of mist, I'd possibly not know whether to laugh or cry at people waving smudge sticks in my general direction and making the sign of the cross while screaming Our Fathers and Hail Mary's, or throwing salt around...

Ghosts are people, too. Finding yourself suddenly without your physical body does not automatically mean you're 'evil', though you may be feeling confused, afraid and alone since no one seems to see you anymore, and desperate for the comfort of company and knowing you do still exist....catch my drift?

But, I think, before I went down the smudge stick, holy water, chantings, salt and pentagrams path, I'd be simply saying, "Hello. I acknowledge you."

It's amazing what the simple courtesy of an acknowledgement can achieve.

A friend I was chatting with in hotmail last week, began to panic in mid conversation as books and papers that were on his desk, were suddenly being thrown around the room by some invisible means. Rather violently.

Trying to calm him, I typed as fast as I could, "First of all, don't panic. Let's reason a moment. Ghosts are just people like you and me, except without their body. Mostly, they just want to be acknowledged, so go ahead. Say, 'hello, I acknowledge you'.

He didn't, of course, because he said he felt stupid talking to thin air and flying books, but I kept him chatting about it nonetheless and we continued typing back and forth for a few minutes, when the flying books and papers dropped to the floor and ceased being animated, as suddenly as they'd begun.

He asked me, "Do you think they can read what we're typing?" Duh and lol...

In any event, so far, it hasn't reoccurred and peace reigns once again in his home.

Other friends have experienced similar situations, though not violent, and have called me wanting to know what to do (why is it always me?). I maintain that it's always best to begin with a peace offering - for example, courtesy - before jumping on a religious or spiritual war path.

Of course, if that courtesy isn't accepted and things continue as they were, then I've no idea what one would do, since I've not ever known it not to work before.

Just sayin'...

MorningMist

res
22-03-2012, 08:21 AM
Ghosts are people, too. Finding yourself suddenly without your physical body does not automatically mean you're 'evil', MorningMist

You know what morning mist, you have inspired me to start up a union for all the ghosts out there that are sick and tired of being pushed around by clergy and smoked out of their homes. Dont people know that it is against spiritual law to smoke in confined areas for it increases the risk of soul cancer and is not something that should NOT be taken lightly. :cwm21:

I invite you all to come sign up in the thread to support the 'freedom for souls without bodies union'. All are welcome so come and show your support and get on that soap box.

See ya there :D