PDA

View Full Version : Quotes of Inspiration, Hope and Spiritual Growth

GaiaPrayer
14-04-2007, 01:39 AM
Are there any quote playing over and over in your mind that have brought you closer to spiritual enlightenment? If so, why not share them with us? I'll start.:smile:

GaiaPrayer
14-04-2007, 01:40 AM
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony. - Mahatma Gandhi

Makoorakoo
14-04-2007, 01:42 AM
Hiya GaiaPrayer,

A quote that has stood by me since I awoken which my true self told me that applies to anyone is "The power of the Ultimates shall strive within you".

love and blessings to all

tiltjlp
14-04-2007, 01:56 AM
Good thread. When I was much younger, I used this all the time as my motto. It took me years to see that it applied to my spiritual life and not my dang human side. I may have heard it somewhere, but I thought, and think, that I originated it. Not sure if I believe it, but it works for me.

I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong.

John

Mother Goose
28-04-2007, 12:24 AM
Here's one I ran across today:

“A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”

~ Albert Einstein

kundalini
28-04-2007, 12:36 AM
Hi Mother Goose,

That's a really excellent quote. You know, as much as Albert Einstein was a scientist, I have come to believe from certain things that I have read about with regards to things he had said, that he was actually a very spiritually-minded person.

A quote that I like is the following:

If there is a way through, I will find it. If there is no way through I will make one ~ Hannibal, who crossed the Alps with elephants ~

That is probably more relevant to determination and willpower as much as it is a saying of spirituality but then again, who said determination and willpower are not spiritual qualities?

The following quote is also one that I find very profound and often true:

If you want to know what your thoughts were like yesterday then check how your body feels today ~ Indian Proverb ~

Mother Goose
28-04-2007, 12:48 AM
If there is a way through, I will find it. If there is no way through I will make one ~ Hannibal, who crossed the Alps with elephants ~

That is probably more relevant to determination and willpower as much as it is a saying of spirituality but then again, who said determination and willpower are not spiritual qualities?
:D thanks for that, K! :wink:

And I like the Indian proverb very much! :smile:

Gothic-Midnight-Rose
28-04-2007, 12:54 AM
I was thinking (a much strenuous task for me ****) and I came up with this quote. I showed it to my fiancee and his words were "You come up with the best quotes" lol so thought I'd share it here. I'm not sure about spiritual enlightenment but it could help some people who are feeling down? Well, here it is:

"One does not determine their own beauty, it is others around them who determine it. Beauty is not superficial, it comes from the depths of the soul" - Me

dreamer
28-04-2007, 01:09 AM
Everything is a metaphor of what is going on inside your head.

You are everything, this is a dream - you are the dreamer and the dream. Whatsoever you do to the least of your brothers so you do unto yourself.

Certainty is a prison, knowledge is freedom, knowledge allows you to let go of certainty.

God is everything, God is perfect, everything is perfect know perfection and it will know you.

Life is a celebration of itself.

A bubble cannot see itself until it becomes a bubble, but a bubbles essence is in the dishwater.

Everything comes from No-thing, peace is no-thing, know peace/no-thing.

Where do thoughts come from?

Who are you?

Patience is a virtue but whats the point of being virtuous if you don't know for certain who you are, who is being virtuous?

Love, relax and enjoy life, you are life experiencing itself, getting to know itself, getting to love itself.

There is no death gene.

Are you more afraid of dying or living eternally?

How much effort would you need to make if you were God? How would this feel?

If God is everything then is God you? If God is you then aren't you perfect? Isn't it only thoughts of imperfection that prevent you from being perfect? Are thoughts real?

Great thread Gaia Prayer and I love your name too. I've enjoyed reading "everyone elses" thoughts too. Thanks for letting me unload lol.