PDA

View Full Version : Visions?!

Lostgirl
29-02-2012, 07:47 AM
So again i write here and feel kinda crazy.

I repeatedly find myself havin de javu, like crazy ive done this before de javu. And i find that ive dreamt it, like i had a dream and it came true. They arent significant moments but its exactly how it happened in the dream.

For example. Last year on January 3rd, my dad was taken into hospital. He was admitted to a ward where i worked as a student. There was a moment where my dad was in bed, i was on the right side of the bed leaning against the cabinet, my mum on the opposite side and the male nurse at the end of the bed all having a conversation about when we would come and see dad and if he needed anything. I had dreamt this. About 6 months prior to it happening. And i know i dreamt it because i was so afraid for my dad after i had the dream i remembered it. I was in tears. I thought it was a nightmare.

Now this sort of thing happens alot! It can be a moment when im at uni and i'll think "holy *insert profanity* i dreamt this". I also get a feeling....like a gut instinct that something is going to happen.....i just know.... maybe it explains why i was so good at memory games lol i just knew which card to pick up hahaha!

So im feeling like a crazy person and i wanted to know what you all thought :S

WhiteWarrior
29-02-2012, 02:36 PM
It is know as precognition. Rare but hardly unique. You say these are insignificant moments but I am not so sure; the one event you mention was highly emotional to you.

Make a journal, and write down your dreams if you are able to and every last deja vu. I think you will find patterns after a while.

And no, you are definitely not crazy.

Quintessence
29-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Precognition? Also known as "mere coincidence" or "the natural human ability to forecast future events based on past experiences and knowledge." Deja vu in particular is known to be a neurological phenomena rooted in the brain. Memory errors, in essence. I'm not suggesting you must necessarily limit yourself to such a scientific explanation, but I think it is always a good idea to keep it in mind.

Lostgirl
29-02-2012, 03:30 PM
See thats what i thought...It just happens far to often for it to be a conincidence.....

I agree though Quintessence and its where i started i have kept it in mind. It hasnt happened once or twice otherwise i would put it down to mere conincidence. Its happeneing all to often which is why i wondered.

White Warrior, im not too sure what you mean i think im sleepy haha, could you explain a little:-s

WhiteWarrior
29-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Lostgirl: writing a dream journal, that is every morning after you wake up, will give you a book to look back into the next time you feel 'I have dreamed this'. If you never can find those moments in your journal, I will agree with Quintessence that it is all just a faulty memory. If you keep finding those moments in your book, it is NOT a a question of memory tricks.

Lostgirl
29-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Ahhhh i see what you mean :D

Sorry a little slow today! LOL

Thanks for the advice guys!

Quintessence
29-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Well, even if it happens "often" it can still be "memory tricks." Statistics are funny like that (remember the outliers!), and so is human psychology. It can be valuable from a personal standpoint, though, to suffuse "mere" coincidence with meaningfulness. What I warn people away from is doing this when it is only causing them grief in life.

Lostgirl
29-02-2012, 04:43 PM
I agree. I am keeping a very open mind about it which is why i posted to get different po0ints of view!

Im not poo poo'ing conicidence because i completely agree that it is, more thank likely, is just that :D

Toolite
29-02-2012, 05:32 PM
So again i write here and feel kinda crazy.

I repeatedly find myself havin de javu, like crazy ive done this before de javu. And i find that ive dreamt it, like i had a dream and it came true. They arent significant moments but its exactly how it happened in the dream.

For example. Last year on January 3rd, my dad was taken into hospital. He was admitted to a ward where i worked as a student. There was a moment where my dad was in bed, i was on the right side of the bed leaning against the cabinet, my mum on the opposite side and the male nurse at the end of the bed all having a conversation about when we would come and see dad and if he needed anything. I had dreamt this. About 6 months prior to it happening. And i know i dreamt it because i was so afraid for my dad after i had the dream i remembered it. I was in tears. I thought it was a nightmare.

Now this sort of thing happens alot! It can be a moment when im at uni and i'll think "holy *insert profanity* i dreamt this". I also get a feeling....like a gut instinct that something is going to happen.....i just know.... maybe it explains why i was so good at memory games lol i just knew which card to pick up hahaha!

So im feeling like a crazy person and i wanted to know what you all thought :S

do you ever have dreams of flying in the air?

I just wanted to provide a description of visions.. visions are given while you are fully awake. They will play like a short movie and you will still have complete awareness around you.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

Lostgirl
29-02-2012, 06:39 PM
I apologise for the wrong title :-s its mot what i meant clearly lol.

Sometimes i dream im flying. I used to when i was younger, less so now.

John32241
29-02-2012, 07:14 PM
An increase in dreams that reflect precognition are designed to get your attention. As you become more curious about this, you will eventually start asking yourself questions.

I consider these events as experiences which are encouraging meditation. The kind that will involve your inner wisdom. Some see "inner wisdom" as a spirit guide others as their higher self. It is you, the inner you, reaching out to you, the conscious you, to ask It questions. When you do that, and listen to the responses, you move forward in appropriate ways.

I hope my thoughts on this will be helpful.

John

LadyTerra
29-02-2012, 08:36 PM
An increase in dreams that reflect precognition are designed to get your attention. As you become more curious about this, you will eventually start asking yourself questions.

I consider these events as experiences which are encouraging meditation. The kind that will involve your inner wisdom. Some see "inner wisdom" as a spirit guide others as their higher self. It is you, the inner you, reaching out to you, the conscious you, to ask It questions. When you do that, and listen to the responses, you move forward in appropriate ways.

I hope my thoughts on this will be helpful.

John

I like what John said here.

IMO--what you are experiencing is AstralProjection. You are simply traveling in your sleep. I believe it is a way in which we are prepared to deal w/ future events and remember past lives--helping us to choose the path we need to travel in order to evolve.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...

wildflower57
17-05-2012, 03:32 AM
I believe very strongly that it has nothing to do with sience. Maybe a few out of a hundred are insignificant.
But just because something is significant to you, doesn't mean its significant to anyone else.
I relate to what you said. I often feel that deja vu is reflective off of my dreams
because I have had many visions during my slumber. I have different types of deja vu.
When something in present time makes you conciously or subconciously think of something from the past and feel certain things,
That would be called nostalgia. Not a "mind trick".
When you're in a moment as its happening you feel
something kinda like you're not in your body and tiny little pieces are coming together in a flash...and no matter how many details you give somebody, if they aren't on the same level,
they just won't get it. Most people are not.

But thats just me.
Remember to always trust in your gut.

MoonWillow
17-05-2012, 07:26 AM
Although I've not had any for a number of years now, but I've experienced these kind of dreams.

They've not happened exactly as in the dreams, but they've almost been of a warning of things that would be happening to myself in future times..usually within months of having the dream.

As a little girl I dreamt on more than one occasion that my Mum was lost I would wake up crying as these dreams were so real.

Months later she left my Dad and myself for someone else, and I grew up without her.

When pregnant with my second Son I had an horrendous dream that the baby died. I dreamt that we were looking for a nice place for his resting place. We found a place under an Oak Tree next to a Crusaders grave..because the Crusader would look after him ( The baby was a boy in the dream )...but as we were lowering the coffin into the grave it broke open and the baby was alive...woke up with a real jump I can tell you...a couple of months later, my Son was born a month early, we were told he was ill and not to expect to take him home..but at the last minute things seemed to go right and he is now 27 years old with a little boy of his own.

But the best was something that happened concerning a conversation. Step mum told me something about a friend of hers that was quite funny..Two days later she was telling me again..I stopped her and said " You told me the other day " and I finished the story. She looked stunned and then told me " But I only heard about it lastnight....

I dreamt about flying once..it was brilliant, I felt everything even the G force of diving up and down.

MW.

Lostgirl
17-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Im glad other people have experiecned this too.

I get what people are saying but like the example i gave about my dad being ill. In the dream i had it was the exact bed, the exact nurse who admitted him, i was standing in the same place and we had the same conversation!

Its more than just a coincidence :-s