PDA

View Full Version : just my question about buddhism.

vagrant
26-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Hi friends,
I'm a newbie here. I hope somebody will answer on my question.
Buddhism says when you die you'll come back. This process will repeat again, again and again until you achieve enlightenment/nirvana.
How about increase in population in our planet? Logically, the population wouldn't increase if the person re-bern to the new person. Isn't it?
Thanks.

CSEe
27-02-2012, 01:30 AM
Hi friends,
Buddhism says when you die you'll come back. This process will repeat again, again and again until you achieve enlightenment/nirvana.
How about increase in population in our planet? Logically, the population wouldn't increase if the person re-bern to the new person. Isn't it?
Thanks.

Buddhism is a process of learning , discovering , knowing , searching ownself by being awake by own realization and is not to "fancy" , to believe , to have faith , or involve any rituals ..........Buddhism never " says anything , Buddhism is a process of own realization that never associated with anyone or any thing . There is no referral to Buddhism except your own realization .
Why try to know others than yourself ? Know "ownself" , realize "ownself is Buddhism nothing else ................
Thks
CSEe

Xan
27-02-2012, 03:51 AM
vagrant... Your question is not really about Buddhism but the belief in reincarnation. So now you know what to investigate.

Xan

Rin
27-02-2012, 04:22 AM
Hi friends,
Thanks.
To be very accurate "you" don't come back. Unlike Hinduism Buddhism does nor recognize and eternal soul. That is why Buddhism speaks about rebirth and not reincarnation. It is a rebirth of something, but that is not you.

In the past the increase in population could be explained by increased frequency of rebirth. I don't know whether that still works.
Buddhism makes no pronouncements on the kind of rebirth which may occur. At least in theory humans can be reborn as animals and animals as humans. That could easily explain population increase.

contentest
27-02-2012, 04:30 AM
Hi friends,
Thanks.
Yes, the canonical buddhist answer to your question would probably be "it doesn't matter".

A less annoying answer could be "if you search for the answer, you will find it". But nobody else could give it, metaphysical workings cannot generally be taught the way we're used to learning.

Here's a clue: why are you looking to rational logic to understand the transcendental? From a logical perspective, metaphysics is HIGHLY irrational. This doesn't mean it's untrue or not worthwhile, because from a metaphysical perspective, "logic" is absurd.

If you keep thinking about it, even though it may seem like you're banging your head against a brick wall, eventually the wall will crack. :)

CSEe
27-02-2012, 05:38 AM
One will have thousands of "explaination" on life after death but no one will ever be statisfied with any explaination . "Faith" is perhaps a short-cut that meet one desire to know but "faith" is always limitation to own realization .
As human , I will never know where will I go tonight , I can always plan to go disco , bar , sports , eat-out etc but I will only know when the time actually happens ...NOW is the time , NOW is happening , NOW is the future and NOW is the process of discovery .
Is NOW , not future nor past will provide you option , choice making and is your realization will determined your destination / your path .
Nothing and no one is higher or lower than yourself , no one will lead you to your happiness or sorrow , no one will be with you in your path .
Is you , alone is always you the choice making.
Thks
CSEe

Denial
27-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Hi friends,
Thanks.

Like Contentest before me I would say that it doesn't matter, however did you think of the possibility of among other things:
Lifeforms on other planets
The amount of beings that came before us (dinosaurs etc.)
That there may be no set timelimit for a soul to return to another body

There are many possibilities, just think about it for some time and keep an open mind :)

vagrant
29-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Friends, thank you for your answers. I got some good seed from them.

oliness
29-02-2012, 11:45 PM
The traditional Buddhist view is that there are many realms of existence. So there are many planets with life on, and many parallel universes with life on. The sentient beings there get reborn on other planets, and some get born on ours.

mistogan
08-03-2012, 11:00 AM
To be very accurate "you" don't come back. Unlike Hinduism Buddhism does nor recognize and eternal soul. That is why Buddhism speaks about rebirth and not reincarnation. It is a rebirth of something, but that is not you.

What do you mean by "that is NOT YOU" ?

Rin
08-03-2012, 11:57 AM
What do you mean by "that is NOT YOU" ?
The consequences of your actions, including thoughts, habits and feelings emitted into the world, will come back.
So, in a way you come back but it is you who will have to deal with it. You leave a legacy and as long as that legacy exists you are around, coming back over and over again, to please or haunt.

mistogan
08-03-2012, 02:52 PM
okk, I have understood in this way, but I wasn't sure :)

thanks

avisitor
26-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Hi friends,
Thanks.

The idea of rebirth is that every being is made up of stuff.
You are an aggregate. Part of you were a part of me ...

A man calling himself Riverstone wrote this ...
Being a novice, I understand Buddha nature as being like a pool of water. And, we are the drops of water from a splash
All sorts of forms take shape in the splash. For a moment in time, we are divided from the whole, apparently single,
independent, with our own momentum, path and form. Eventually we will merge again with the body of water.
So, It seems we had our own singular existence for a time. But all along, it had been and always will be a part of the whole.

So, we all come from this pool of water (so to speak)
And the pool is vast like an ocean. The small population increases have little effect on the oceans.
I hope it puts to rest some of your question.