PDA

View Full Version : I'm 17 and I've started channeling, I want to improve, any advice? Love and light~

Curious~Light~Being
25-02-2012, 12:47 PM
My name is Rosalin and today I channeled two peoples higher selves for them. I was kind of just, put on the spot. We had just listened to Kryon through another channeler and I was asked if I would like to have a go at someones higher self. I jumped at the opportunity because I've always felt drawn to channeling. 5 minutes in I had stepped away from my body and the higher self was channeling insights and love. It came easy when I zoned out, but zoning out totally is hard to do. The thing is, towards the end I started to worry about my conscious mind influencing the messages. I'm 17 and I don't have as much experience as many of you old light workers and beings of wisdom. How can I totally withdraw and allow the consciousness in? and what advice can anyone give for me to improve so that I can send messages of light with confidence?

Evaah
25-02-2012, 02:38 PM
I'd say this is more of a matter of experience. I don't channel in the traditional sense, but I still acquire information that I doubt, only to find out that I was still quite accurate in the end.

I'm assuming that you are already familiar with the "safety precautions" of channeling, but what you're describing sounds like you want to get into trance channeling. Can you learn from a book? If so, I would recommend Opening to Channel by Sanaya Roman. It consists of channeled exercises that help put you into a trance state that might assist you with keeping "in the zone."

You gain confidence with experience, and you gain experience with practice. It might be good to also try and experiment yourself with your own guide/other self. Find out how to arrange your own "trance" state.

John32241
25-02-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm 17 and I don't have as much experience as many of you old light workers and beings of wisdom. How can I totally withdraw and allow the consciousness in? and what advice can anyone give for me to improve so that I can send messages of light with confidence?
Hi Rosalin,

You may want to consider "trance channeling". That is a process where you suspend your conscious awareness and allow your self to be taken over by your connection.

Now if you follow Kryon, what is recommended is you bonding with your higher self as the essential first stage for spiritual work. I suspect you are kind of new to Kryon and have not yet studied the 12 books and all those several hundred channeled messages.

Your higher self is the conduit for all communication. The more vibrationally attuned you are to your energetic essence, the better the messages will be. Even in a trance you can not bring in information that does not align with your conscious vibrations(belief systems). So the key to quality messages is elevating yourself.

Even Lee Carroll talks about the many years it has taken for him to reach the point he is at today. So if you are spiritually dedicated, evolve your consciousness.

I hope these thoughts will resonate with you.

John

The Voice
31-03-2012, 09:14 PM
My name is Rosalin and today I channeled two peoples higher selves for them. I was kind of just, put on the spot. We had just listened to Kryon through another channeler and I was asked if I would like to have a go at someones higher self.

The thing is, towards the end I started to worry about my conscious mind influencing the messages.

How can I totally withdraw and allow the consciousness in? and what advice can anyone give for me to improve so that I can send messages of light with confidence?

Well everyone's situation is different -- Here are a few thought to consider if you decide to go ahead. You will need to decide if any of this applies to you. [

For People New to Channeling

1) Find a guide, a learning partner, teacher - do not practice by yourself. Until you have this do not proceed.

2) Expect as new channel the conscious mind will get involved - either distracting, mimicking whoever you channeled, adding, editing. This is the part that takes time, discipline and practice - learning to relax the conscious mind. Ha I was slow it took me almost twenty years to have a reliable connection anytime I needed it and to 100% know if it wasn't reliable.

3) The goal is not to completely let go in the beginning. the goal is best described as making a simple connection that you are in charge of. This is important. Don't worry about trancing 100% letting go at this point, in fact best to not try for that at all ---> a new channel will know after several years of practice what his or her approach is.

4) Every channel develops his or her own style -- experiment with your guide or teacher.

5) Someone new to channeling should watch getting excited about what he or she channels, watch getting attached to people's positive reactions to what you channel -- easier said then done --

6) People new to channeling should go slow do very slow --- a very short session 10 minutes maximum -- prepare your intention before hand to be of service. Afterwards take 5 minutes to release any of spirits energy still inside you returning it to where it came from.

7) If something doesn't feel right stop!

8) Do very short sessions one message - one or two offerings keep it very simple.

9) It is a good practice for a new channel to make whatever received an offering -- it is up to the person to determine its meaning, worth and significance.

10) For the new channel here is a simple practice for working with your conscious mind try either of these --

a) Count the Breaths with a slow inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth - Count 10 breaths without thinking or picturing or remembering then if you get to 10 without a single thought go from 10 to one. If you have any thought or fragment of a thought start over from 1.

b) if the above is too repetitious for you - Visualize a walk that you know very well, relax your breathing -- start the walk see it, do not think it. If you start thinking start the walk over again.

Michael
channel for the Voice

Holly
01-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Hey there,

I'm not a trance channel, I channel consciously, but I think it's still going to be practise (lots of practise!) discernment and meditation! If you want to channel, meditation is pretty much non-optional! At least once a day will be vital, twice if you can do it. Meditation raises your vibration so you are better equipped to handle the higher vibration of your higher self and guides. It also has physical and emotional benefits and it can help you ground yourself after if you feel a bit floaty or tired. (By the way, I've had this a couple of times, if you feel suddenly drained of energy, you can certainly cut the connection, but often I find my own resistance, expecially if I'm practising letting someone into my body, can make me feel absolutely exhausted! The being you're working with can pep you up again, mine do anyway. You really do have to practise relaxing and more importantly *trusting* the entity you're working with! Trust takes time :wink:)

As for whether you channel alone or with a teacher - it's up to you but I don't think being afraid to do it alone is going to attract very positive results! On the other hand, you do need somebody there to shake you out of it if things get less than loving. It's up to you, and how much awareness you retain while in your trance. Can you monitor the message to make sure it's loving, not fearful, destructive or scary? If so, you can channel alone. If not, you need somebody with you.

I'm not into trance channeling for two reasons. First you can't edit what you produce, and the beings I work with like to edit. We always get it better second time round, I get the meanings clearer and they get to change their wording for greater clarity! No channel is 100% accurate, editing works out the kinks and makes the message clearer and thus; more useful. Second it's so much more fun to be able to talk to them consciously! You could try both. Some find it easier to begin with conscious channelling then try trance channelling, other are the other way round. I'll probably try trance channelling at least once, though I don't expect I'll get on with it - it's always worth trying both!

Before you channel, ask for protection, and specify you only want to speak to beings from the light, 100% in service to god and your highest good. You don't have anything to be scared of. A little discernment is healthy of course - if you feel unhappy or uncomfortable stop, and like the Voice says, keep it short to begin with, but if you're working with trustworthy higher beings, they won't give you more than you can handle. Archangels make very good channelling partners. If you feel a desire to try someone other than your higher self (or someone elses) they make an excellent first experience of higher beings because they're very experienced with channelling and very comforting and loving. I started out with one and ended up with...God I've lost count! Lots!

I think practise is the key - just keep at it! Your own experience is going to be the best teacher for this :wink: Only you know how it feels to you. It took me probably...six months of this to even begin to fully trust the beings I channel. Patience and practise!

emerge
05-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Hi Rosalin,

First, I want to congratulate you on your success. While I have heard of Kryon I really don't know anything about him.

Second, I thought that what The Voice and Holly had to say is absolutely wonderful advice and information.

Lastly, I used to channel a lot. It was as easy for me as talking to a person sitting next to me. I was first drawn to trance channeling but, then I discovered Conscious channeling and I thought it was the best thing ever. The conscious interaction between myself and who ever I was channeling was truly wonderful and really was just like talking to some one sitting next to me.

However every time I read one of Jane Roberts books or a book about her sessions I still think it would be wonderful to trance channel. I just don't think that is part of my path. Oh well.

And remember practice, practice, practice.

Holly
06-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Lastly, I used to channel a lot. It was as easy for me as talking to a person sitting next to me. I was first drawn to trance channeling but, then I discovered Conscious channeling and I thought it was the best thing ever. The conscious interaction between myself and who ever I was channeling was truly wonderful and really was just like talking to some one sitting next to me.

Hi Emerge :smile:

Thats what it's like for me! I wouldn't want to trance channel particularly because I like the interaction too much. There's a LOT of laughter when I'm channelling because if they don't make a joke I will! I don't know how other channels do it, but I don't seem to need meditation or relaxation exercises first. I just plonk in my chair (actually I can channel anywhere but I often write them down) and say 'Azrael are you here?' or words to that effect. His voice and energy (sometimes face too) just POP up like he picked up a long distance phone. Like listening to someone in antarctica through a thick cloth. By the point I ask for him, he's usually been talking telepathically for some time anyway.

I can do it all day with no problem ...I've often wondered if it's supposed to be so darn easy?

emerge
06-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Hi Holly,

Like you I didn't need to meditate before hand either and could channel anywhere anytime. 95% of the time I'd sit so I could write down what they told me. There were times that I'd be walking or doing something and they would tell me something to ease the frustration or pain I'd be feeling at the time. There was one time I'll never forget. My now ex-hubby and I had a real big fight and I was so enraged I slammed a cupboard door shut and it fell off. My guides came through and told me "Forgive him, for he is but a child." That was so true.

My guides always seemed to come through as a group. When I'd want to ask them a question I'd sit down and say "OK Guys," and then ask my question. They would also come through on their own while I was watching TV and give their comments, opinions, and lectures about this, that, or the other thing that was happening on TV. I soon found out that the shows I often watched had a lot more truth to them than most people realized. It was Great!

lovetruth
11-04-2012, 05:01 PM
I agree with Holly, deep meditation creates a strong bond with spirit, and the more you meditate the stronger it becomes. For me it is stilling the mind so that the messages are strong and clear.
Another way to just practice connection at first, is to grab a favorite spiritual book and ask your guide a question and ask them to guide you to a page in the book for an answer. This a powerful means of making those first connections, and nine time out of ten you will get your answer right on target.

Holly
13-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Emerge, I've had similar experiences. I've come upstairs really angry with somebody, and when I'm done ranting Azrael will tell me why we're both behaving the way we are! He just holds up a nice, honest mirror for us which is actually really helpful. He's stopped many conflicts before they can take hold just by changing my understanding (and so my reaction!) Arguments usually start in our house because somebody is worried about something, and seeing that usually stops the conflict pretty quickly, from my angle anyway. I find if I refuse to argue, people just fizzle out like a wet firework :smile:

I usually only talk to one or two angels at a time, though they often swap around to teach me certain lessons. I do something similiar to you - sit down, type out what I want to say and they just talk back, but if I want to I can move around the house chatting too. The angels will throw in their opinions with me too, though they usually have to be asked for them. I learn so much just by talking to them. Asking them their opinion has probably taught me more about compassion and love than the whole history of my education and experience with people! Are you still channelling now?

Lovetruth, I used to do that from time to time and it was often quite accurate, though I had better success with runes and the pendulum, which are both great for first connections to spirit. I used to use 'conversations with God' by Neale Donald Walsch! I knew I'd enjoy whatever I read!