PDA

View Full Version : Who's in control?

Shabby
24-02-2012, 01:27 PM
The mind is a powerful thing. If it is in control we are victims to it's thoughts, but just like a spoiled child that is always in need of attention one can learn to discipline it. This is the purpose of meditation.

n2mec
24-02-2012, 01:52 PM
For me, I enjoy during the day when I can find some "quiet" and pause on "nothing" even if only for a few seconds. Its hard when consumed with thoughts. Old age like it or not seems to be a welcome state when it comes to letting go.

I would love to see it when the schools can teach "Mind 101"

Shabby
24-02-2012, 01:54 PM
For me, I enjoy during the day when I can find some "quiet" and pause on "nothing" even if only for a few seconds. Its hard when consumed with thoughts. Old age like it or not seems to be a welcome state when it comes to letting go.

I would love to see it when the schools can teach "Mind 101"

Oh I soo agree with you! Why don't schools teach things that not only lead to new ideas but help eliminate stress in ones life???

shehari
24-02-2012, 02:37 PM
That what is there...........

My heart beats, my thyroid gland works: I dont have to control it, it controls by itself (Except you have a thyroid gland dysfunction ;) )

So there is something which is, which is more powerful and intelligent....

Shabby
24-02-2012, 02:50 PM
That what is there...........

My heart beats, my thyroid gland works: I dont have to control it, it controls by itself (Except you have a thyroid gland dysfunction ;) )

So there is something which is, which is more powerful and intelligent....

Yes and it is beyond mind. It shines forth when the mind is still...at no thought. It is not something we achieve or earn, but that which we truly are.

Sarian
24-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Yes, it's very easy to become a victim to the mind/thoughts. But thanks for your post because one thing I detest and do not want to be ever again, is a victim, and realizing I'm acting the victim to my thoughts is extremely nauseating and a kick in the pants for me. I try meditation and sometimes it works and other times quite a bit of time can pass before I realize that I have given myself over to listening to the blasted thoughts again.

Shabby
24-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Yes, it's very easy to become a victim to the mind/thoughts. But thanks for your post because one thing I detest and do not want to be ever again, is a victim, and realizing I'm acting the victim to my thoughts is extremely nauseating and a kick in the pants for me. I try meditation and sometimes it works and other times quite a bit of time can pass before I realize that I have given myself over to listening to the blasted thoughts again.

LOL It does take practice. Be compassionate with your self Sarian...but stern with your mind and it will quite down.

Bluegreen
24-02-2012, 02:58 PM
http://theosophywatch.com/2012/02/23/thoughts-are-things/

Sarian
24-02-2012, 02:59 PM
http://theosophywatch.com/2012/02/23/thoughts-are-things/
What's that about? I would click on the link, but I'm at work and I don't want my boss to hear whatever it is LOL!

seeker2011
25-02-2012, 11:01 PM
The world of thought, by the mind, is a cesspool.
That is, we all are immersed in a "mind-field".
As we exist in 3 dimensions, we are constantly wading through a puddle of thought.
That's one of the things we need to figure out.
What, if any, of the thoughts we think are our own?
That's not as frightening as it might seem.
When we discover that "all" of our thoughts are not our own, we are beginning to become aware of that dimension of existence known as the "mental plane". That is our place in evolution, now, to discover not only that we are not purely physical, but also to discover what else we are. And I might add that my own reaction to that is to try to hold constant vigil and tell myself, "I can think no bad".
IMO.

Mr Interesting
25-02-2012, 11:33 PM
indifference is wonderful.

The mind... play child, run and be, jump and smirk... play.

If you could cut a tear in half?