PDA

View Full Version : Thankyou unconscious persons.

rsingh
24-02-2012, 02:22 AM
Conscious person: Who is fully conscious of his thoughts, feelings and actions all the time.

Unconscious person: Who is fully unconscious of his thoughts, feelings and actions all the time.

There may be few persons around the world who are fully conscious of their thoughts, feelings and actions all the time but there are no persons who are fully unconscious. Everyone is conscious or unconscious to certain degree.

I can call conscious persons to those who are more conscious most of the time and unconscious persons to those who are more unconscious most of the time. When I am conscious then I am aware of my thoughts, feelings and actions then I know their impact on myself and other persons. When I am unconscious then I do not know how my actions or words will impact other persons. My actions and reactions are not under my control. Unconscious actions and reactions arise from our past conditioning. Conditioning is collection of our egotistical thoughts accumulated based on the assumption that I am may body.

I rarely intend to harm other persons or their feelings intentionally. Usually I hurt others when I am unconscious of my actions and underlying thoughts and feelings to those actions. When my actions or reactions arise automatically out of my conditioning. It evokes unconsciousness in others and they react accordingly.

I always had plenty of unconscious persons around me who hurt my feelings. Earlier I was also unconscious, so used to react accordingly. For past few years I have become aware of my thoughts and feeling and know I tend not to react. I rather observe my feeling and thoughts, accept them allow the energy to dissipate consciously. So this is helping to grow my consciousness. So I am thankful to unconscious persons around me who are helping to grow in consciousness.

rsingh
24-02-2012, 10:19 PM
It looks like not many have understood or liked this thread. I am thanking the people who hurt me? Who gave me trouble? Who challenged me? Who made be feel bad? Who said I am idiot rather tried to prove that I am an idiot and they are more intelligent than me or wiser than me? I am thanking those who challenged my ideas or philosophies? All of these persons triggered undesirable feelings in me? I observed these feelings, accepted them to allow the energy to dissipate rather than reacting. This allowed me to grow in my consciousness or I am more conscious of my thoughts, feelings and actions.

Do you think that is the case with you too? Did you follow spirituality due to some kind of suffering in your life? Who made you suffer? Was it other persons or situations or circumstances or yourself? Have spirituality helped you to be more conscious? If so how?

Mountain-Goat
25-02-2012, 10:26 AM
It looks like not many have understood or liked this thread. I am thanking the people who hurt me? Who gave me trouble? Who challenged me? Who made be feel bad? Who said I am idiot rather tried to prove that I am an idiot and they are more intelligent than me or wiser than me? I am thanking those who challenged my ideas or philosophies? All of these persons triggered undesirable feelings in me? I observed these feelings, accepted them to allow the energy to dissipate rather than reacting. This allowed me to grow in my consciousness or I am more conscious of my thoughts, feelings and actions.

Do you think that is the case with you too?
No
Did you follow spirituality due to some kind of suffering in your life?
No
Who made you suffer?Was it other persons or situations or circumstances or yourself?
Me
Have spirituality helped you to be more conscious?
All things have potenatial to help
If so how?
By being aware of information, thinking about it, evaluating it, reaching conclusions and applying that which i judge as beneficial

TzuJanLi
25-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Greetings..

No

No

Me

All things have potenatial to help

By being aware of information, thinking about it, evaluating it, reaching conclusions and applying that which i judge as beneficial
This is consistent with my understanding, too..

Be well..

Shabby
25-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Suffering exists and can be ones experience until one rises above duality (good and bad). The belief in a separation from God creates all suffering.

I understand the concept of saying Thank you unconscious person, but feel that it is not complete. EVERY experience good and bad, from the unconscious person and from the conscious person has made us who we are today.

We don't grow from pain or suffering but from the blessing each experience has in store for us.

rsingh
25-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Shabby
Suffering exists and can be ones experience until one rises above duality (good and bad). The belief in a separation from God creates all suffering.

I understand the concept of saying Thank you unconscious person, but feel that it is not complete. EVERY experience good and bad, from the unconscious person and from the conscious person has made us who we are today.

We don't grow from pain or suffering but from the blessing each experience has in store for us

Hi Shabby

Right. It is all kinds of experiences, good and bad that lead to spiritual search. We compare good against bad. Duality in name of the game of form. I cannot have one without the other. But I am particularly trying to accept that my mind do not want to accept. My mind will accept positive experiences anyway. It does not want to accept negative experiences. So if I accept negative experience to the same degree as positive then their is no negative. Negative is as good as positive. Then no problem. There is simply awareness. That is what the consciousness is - awareness. So then I am the consciousness being aware of everything that happens.

Shabby
25-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Hi Shabby

Right. It is all kinds of experiences, good and bad that lead to spiritual search. We compare good against bad. Duality in name of the game of form. I cannot have one without the other. But I am particularly trying to accept that my mind do not want to accept. My mind will accept positive experiences anyway. It does not want to accept negative experiences. So if I accept negative experience to the same degree as positive then their is no negative. Negative is as good as positive. Then no problem. There is simply awareness. That is what the consciousness is - awareness. So then I am the consciousness being aware of everything that happens.

Yes Rsingh you are right and I understood why you formulated it the way you did. I just don't want others (my self) to believe 1) Suffering is necessary and 2) Causing suffering consciously or not upon others is o.k. or even "good".

rsingh
25-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Shabby
I just don't want others (my self) to believe 1) Suffering is necessary and

Suffering is not necessary but it is essential part of every body's life. Some suffer less other more but every body suffers to some extent.I am working all the time to avoid my suffering but that does not make the suffering to go away. It is the fear that makes us suffer. If I fear to suffer then I suffer. If do not fear then there is no suffering. So primary source of suffering is my fear. In reality I have to eliminate my fear from suffering to eliminate my suffering. I cannot make the suffering go away by avoiding or by fighting or by fearing or by adopting any other strategy available on earth. Only strategy to eliminate fear is to accept fear, observe it and experience it without fight and flight.

2) Causing suffering consciously or not upon others is o.k. or even "good".

I do not have suffer consciously or make others suffer consciously. There is enough suffering inflicted by unconscious conditioned patterns inside me and vast majority of population. If I live a normal family life and work to meet my survival needs then there is vast amount of suffering that I need to go through everyday. My ideas are very often challenged at home, among relations and at work. If I observe myself closely I can find that I do not like my ideas to be challenged. Then very often I am criticized at home, among my relations, among friends and at work. That irritates me little more. Some may get angry at me and some even shout at me. That inflicts even more suffering. Some may pass rude remark on me while I am driving on the road. That too evokes dislike in me for myself and others.

I have so many fears as well such as fear of breaking social and government laws, loosing my job. financial loss, getting sick, meeting an accident and so on.

So there is vast amount of suffering that I have to go through my daily life. This suffering is now helping me to become more conscious of myself as I observe my feelings and thoughts and let the energy dissipate consciously.

There are some ancient spiritual traditions in Hinduism and Islam where some religious followers suffer consciously. Some Muslims beat themselves with a leather scarf etc. Some Hindus lie down on thorns. stand on one leg for years, raise their arm for years, have cold bath and so on. But I have not heard anyone enlightened through such spiritual practices. These practices very often raise their ego that they can do something unusual. The real meaning of these practices was spiritual development through suffering but that meaning has totally lost and it simply has become a tool to gain some kind of recognition.

silent whisper
26-02-2012, 05:48 AM

Do you think that is the case with you too? Did you follow spirituality due to some kind of suffering in your life? Who made you suffer? Was it other persons or situations or circumstances or yourself? Have spirituality helped you to be more conscious? If so how?

I understand what you are saying Rsingh..often in the past I have called the mirror of others the gift to my own healing of fears. Many would look at me quite strange when I likened that space as a gift, but each one revealed me to me..through that reflection. To fully let go of my fears I used the relfection of others to face my internal binds. Every person who reflected at me some kind of pain in me through their words or behaviour allowed me to feel fully all that I needed to feel to let go of each layer connected to my core fears. Of course this was only my path, I cannot speak for others. The suffering I endured was the struggles in my own fears and the fear of fear of course which allowed me to feel fully the core issues when the time was right...and now I feel more empowered in both my own feelings and feeling others by being able to seperate myself from them and honour my own feelings without fear.

rsingh
26-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by silent whisper
I understand what you are saying Rsingh..often in the past I have called the mirror of others the gift to my own healing of fears. Many would look at me quite strange when I likened that space as a gift, but each one revealed me to me..through that reflection. To fully let go of my fears I used the relfection of others to face my internal binds. Every person who reflected at me some kind of pain in me through their words or behaviour allowed me to feel fully all that I needed to feel to let go of each layer connected to my core fears. Of course this was only my path, I cannot speak for others. The suffering I endured was the struggles in my own fears and the fear of fear of course which allowed me to feel fully the core issues when the time was right...and now I feel more empowered in both my own feelings and feeling others by being able to seperate myself from them and honour my own feelings without fear.

Hi silent whisper

Wonderful explanation. I perceive my mind when I evaluate others or look at others.I cannot see something which is not in my conscious mind. I do not understand even if I perceive other things if I am not conscious of them. I do not see even my fears consciously if I am not aware that I have such fears. Fears is underlying feeling to all of our negative feelings. Dis-creating fears is fundamental to spiritual progress.

Stillness_Speaks
26-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Much wisdom here, thank you writers. I want to pick up this and highlight it because I believe it is an essential key and very important: Only strategy to eliminate fear is to accept fear, observe it and experience it without fight and flight.

Mountain-Goat
26-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Only strategy to eliminate fear is to accept fear, observe it and experience it without fight and flight.
I am fearful of spiders.
I accept i am fearful, i observe i am fearful and obviously, i experience this fear.
These things do not eliminate my fear of spiders.
All that has happened is i have acknowledged my fear.
So, how do those things eliminate fear?

rsingh
26-02-2012, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Stillness_Speaks
Much wisdom here, thank you writers. I want to pick up this and highlight it because I believe it is an essential key and very important:
Quote:

Hi Stillness_Speaks

It requires wisdom to recognize wisdom. Not every one recognizes it. We are talking about psychological fear here. Biological reflex actions still keep working as they do otherwise.

Mountain-Goat
26-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Only strategy to eliminate fear is to accept fear, observe it and experience it without fight and flight.
Also, the fight and flight mechanism is engaged by one's fear of something.
Meaning, "fight or flight" is an expression of, an action derived from one's fear.
Soo, your statement becomes,
Only strategy to eliminate fear is to accept fear, observe it and experience it without fear.
Soo, self eliminates fear by not having fear.
It appears to me that eliminating fear by not being fearful has not revealed the process of how to remove fear.

silent whisper
26-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Hi silent whisper

Wonderful explanation. I perceive my mind when I evaluate others or look at others.I cannot see something which is not in my conscious mind. I do not understand even if I perceive other things if I am not conscious of them. I do not see even my fears consciously if I am not aware that I have such fears. Fears is underlying feeling to all of our negative feelings. Dis-creating fears is fundamental to spiritual progress.

Dis creating fears was the "fundamental path to my own spiritual progress".....that could be my own personal signature...:smile:

And in saying that for me the process was not only becoming aware in my mind, but changing my mindset to create a new empowered thought in its place and allowing my body to release the energy fully through this process..letting go of the mind and the energy locked in the physical body and reconnecting to spirit.

silent whisper
26-02-2012, 07:17 PM
I am fearful of spiders.
I accept i am fearful, i observe i am fearful and obviously, i experience this fear.

I have a fear of flying,
I accept I am fearful, I observe I am fearful, I do not like it,
I still book my flight and travel....I honour any feelings when I enter my fear...and I manage to do it anyway...

The old me...

I accepted my fear, I observed how I felt, I do not like it,
I said I will never fly.......so I didnt...

Stepping into those kinds of fears always had an underlying connection...a fear of death.

I wonder what the underlying fear of spiders might connect too?

Just because we fear things, it doesnt have to rule our life in ways where we are frozen in fear....it simply makes me more conscious of how I feel, why and how to manage it...from past memories and connections that now do not have the root tie to them....

Mountain-Goat
26-02-2012, 09:11 PM
I have a fear of flying,
I accept I am fearful, I observe I am fearful, I do not like it,
I still book my flight and travel....I honour any feelings when I enter my fear...and I manage to do it anyway... Is the fear still there, even though you can now fly?
As in i contemplate the fear may be less or the fear is still at the same level but you have more power over this fear than you used to.
I wonder what the underlying fear of spiders might connect too? It was a hypomathematical. I don't have a fear of spiders.
Just because we fear things, it doesnt have to rule our life in ways where we are frozen in fear....it simply makes me more conscious of how I feel, why and how to manage it...from past memories and connections that now do not have the root tie to them.... I so agree.
Self mastery is all about re establishing self control of choosing how to think feel and behave without being influenced by things one doesn't want to be influenced by, fear for example.

I still await rsingh's explanation of how to remove fear from one's life.

Mr Interesting
26-02-2012, 10:00 PM
I am fearful of spiders.
Well AC, for starters I hope your question wasn't rhetorical, so therefore in hope I doubt that it isn't, but whatever, all's fair in love and war... even my ability to admit my naivety and ignorance.

As for Spiders I think that once we acknowledge we are fearful of them we start asking ourselves why that might be so... they are small, they run from us and they are often hidden in corners and surprise us when we finally find them in our midst....

How did they get there? How many of them are so close?

So when we acknowledge fear we kind of acknowledge our ignorance and then we have the choice to remain ignorant or embrace our unknowing.

Remain ignorant... spiders start appearing all sorts of places to embarrass us.

Embrace unknowing... well, then those little critters also start appearing in unlikely places except the unlikeliness is far more appealing and one can't help but start to observe that the intelligence they have is a very mysterious thing indeed.

Mountain-Goat
26-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Well AC, for starters I hope your question wasn't rhetorical, I don't do rhetorical when I am enquiring from another.
I consider that stoopid and disrespectful.
all's fair in love and war... Spider senses always tingle when someone declares "all" about something.
And though i have heard of this saying, i have no idea what it means, thus it's relation to the issue of removing fear.
Please explain Mr.I.
As for Spiders I think that once we acknowledge we are fearful of them we start asking ourselves why that might be so... How do you know everyone, or others do this?
they are small, they run from us and they are often hidden in corners and surprise us when we finally find them in our midst.... Perhaps you have not encountered a funnel web, or a huge huntsman when in self protection mode.
So when we acknowledge fear we kind of acknowledge our ignorance and then we have the choice to remain ignorant or embrace our unknowing. How do you know everyone, or others do this?
Remain ignorant... spiders start appearing all sorts of places to embarrass us. Spiders appear whenever they choose, i don't see how my ignorance has any influence on their life,
nor do I agree with your theory that their intent is to embarrass me.
And remain ignorant of what, as i'm a bit unclear of what you are referring to?
Embrace unknowing... well, then those little critters also start appearing in unlikely places except the unlikeliness is far more appealing and one can't help but start to observe that the intelligence they have is a very mysterious thing indeed. Remain ignorant, embrace ignorance, either way they stil manifest...huh?
And this bit i also don't understand, the unlikeliness is more appealing.
The unlikeliness of what?

If you have just shared how to remove fear from one's life, please explain it differently because I cannot see this in your post.

During the meanwhile, I still await rsingh's explanation of how to remove fear from one's life.

Mr Interesting
26-02-2012, 10:41 PM
The unlikelyness that spiders are just friends waiting to be found.

rsingh
27-02-2012, 01:43 AM
I am also thankful to my close relatives and my family members who challenged me and made demands on me to deal with them in specific manner. Thsese challenges and demands evoked very deep wounds in my personality. I observed these wounds without reacting, accepted them as part of me and experienced them without fight and flight. This allowed me to shed considerable emotional burden and fears to make me more conscious.

silent whisper
27-02-2012, 01:53 AM
Is the fear still there, even though you can now fly?
As in i contemplate the fear may be less or the fear is still at the same level but you have more power over this fear than you used to.
It was a hypomathematical. I don't have a fear of spiders.
I so agree.
Self mastery is all about re establishing self control of choosing how to think feel and behave without being influenced by things one doesn't want to be influenced by, fear for example.

I still await rsingh's explanation of how to remove fear from one's life.

So you dont have a fear of spiders...what do you fear...... anything?

My fear of flying was more about dying in that way I guess. To me in not knowing when I was going to die *no control* over that space, flying made me feel more vulnerable in that *not being in control*.....and death. Now that I have let go of *thinking* I can control my own death...(oh that sounds so off lol!!) I guess I figure well if I am going to die....might as well enjoy life to the fullest...So is the fear still there....not of death now..so the flying issue is more about sensations, turbulence, seating, confinement...long haul...and I am ok with that space. I guess now the trust and faith in whatever overides the fear memory...seems to work ok for the most part..:smile:

CSEe
27-02-2012, 01:56 AM
That is why I am of the opinion , in Buddhism there is NO right or wrong , no true or false and no good or bad as all action is for the process of learning , discovering for own realization .
There is no " conscious or un-conscious person " as all beings is all the same and equal . I am same and equal with all human , animal , plants even non-living like rock , water , soil , rubbish as all being is on their own journey in own purification process . All beings no matter who they are , what they are , whether alive or non- alive is a great source of learning towards own realization in own journey .
Thks
CSEe

silent whisper
27-02-2012, 01:57 AM
I am also thankful to my close relatives and my family members who challenged me and made demands on me to deal with them in specific manner. Thsese challenges and demands evoked very deep wounds in my personality. I observed these wounds without reacting, accepted them as part of me and experienced them without fight and flight. This allowed me to shed considerable emotional burden and fears to make me more conscious.

Oh yes letting go of controlling specific outcomes in those demands..from others is a crucial one...yes it does allow for the shedding. I always loved those friends who hit me, I reacted, they fled..I wanted control...wanted them to speak and keep it alive...I value now that space as some of my greatest learning to simply go within and become more conscious of my own space, not theirs.

blackraven
27-02-2012, 02:42 AM
Conscious person: Who is fully conscious of his thoughts, feelings and actions all the time.

Unconscious person: Who is fully unconscious of his thoughts, feelings and actions all the time.

There may be few persons around the world who are fully conscious of their thoughts, feelings and actions all the time but there are no persons who are fully unconscious. Everyone is conscious or unconscious to certain degree.

I can call conscious persons to those who are more conscious most of the time and unconscious persons to those who are more unconscious most of the time. When I am conscious then I am aware of my thoughts, feelings and actions then I know their impact on myself and other persons. When I am unconscious then I do not know how my actions or words will impact other persons. My actions and reactions are not under my control. Unconscious actions and reactions arise from our past conditioning. Conditioning is collection of our egotistical thoughts accumulated based on the assumption that I am may body.

I rarely intend to harm other persons or their feelings intentionally. Usually I hurt others when I am unconscious of my actions and underlying thoughts and feelings to those actions. When my actions or reactions arise automatically out of my conditioning. It evokes unconsciousness in others and they react accordingly.

I always had plenty of unconscious persons around me who hurt my feelings. Earlier I was also unconscious, so used to react accordingly. For past few years I have become aware of my thoughts and feeling and know I tend not to react. I rather observe my feeling and thoughts, accept them allow the energy to dissipate consciously. So this is helping to grow my consciousness. So I am thankful to unconscious persons around me who are helping to grow in consciousness.

rsingh - When I was younger my thoughts, feelings and emotions were always exploited. They were picked apart, ignored, distorted and made into something ugly and thrown back into my face. I was always left feeling guilty and responsible for the dysfunctional adults and situations in my life. So as an adult I closed down and protected the sanctity of my inner workings to most. It took years to undo the unconsciousness I operated in and to process my thoughts and reactions in a conscious mode. I am thankful, like you, that I received the conditioning that I did because I grew more than I probably would have otherwise in my quest to understand what makes people tick and what went into the make-up of “me”. At midlife there is little I care to be unconscious about, but even so, it’s difficult to be a conscious person all of the time. It is at those times when others misread my intentions that I’m most aware that my unconscious conditioning has bled out. I then feel a bit annoyed with myself for not being more self-aware as to react in a pre-programmed manner to which I thought I had escaped. It’s a delicate balance.

I like what you said to Shabby about if you accept negative experiences the same as positive than it is simply awareness and that is what consciousness is all about. It’s through that consciousness that you learn and grow. Life without challenges and struggles is life without lessons. Lessons are how we measure our growth intellectually, ethically and spiritually. In fact, we don’t do our children any favors if we protect them from lessons.

Blackraven

Mountain-Goat
27-02-2012, 09:00 AM
So you dont have a fear of spiders...what do you fear...... anything?
jumping off cliffs or out of trees into water.
being eaten alive by animals.
being buried alive
drowning in quicksand
being sucked into a jet engine
the usual stuff

My fear of flying was more about dying in that way I guess. To me in not knowing when I was going to die *no control* over that space, flying made me feel more vulnerable in that *not being in control*.....and death. Now that I have let go of *thinking* I can control my own death...(oh that sounds so off lol!!) I guess I figure well if I am going to die....might as well enjoy life to the fullest...So is the fear still there....not of death now..so the flying issue is more about sensations, turbulence, seating, confinement...long haul...and I am ok with that space. I guess now the trust and faith in whatever overides the fear memory...seems to work ok for the most part..:smile:
Soo, fear of flying, still there, yes or no?

silent whisper
27-02-2012, 10:22 AM
jumping off cliffs or out of trees into water.
being eaten alive by animals.
being buried alive
drowning in quicksand
being sucked into a jet engine
the usual stuff

Soo, fear of flying, still there, yes or no?

is this truth or dare..game time....oh goody....I say truth...and the answer is........

No....oh no I have no excuse now..bother to you AC...:D

Emmalevine
27-02-2012, 04:30 PM
The subconscious plays a vital role in our lives. It is good to be conscious and aware, but also, at times, it is necessary to remain unconscious (in a manner of speaking). While the ego-self has some control over this process there's a big part that is guided by the higher self, spirit, or unconscious...whatever is the preferred term. When I see people who might be 'unconscious' (I hate to label) I think it's simply where they need to be in their development at this time. So yes, I learn a lot from them because I was once one of them. They might learn a lot from me, or nothing at all.

Mountain-Goat
27-02-2012, 05:17 PM
is this truth or dare..game time....oh goody....I say truth...and the answer is........
No....oh no I have no excuse now..bother to you AC...:D Finally...ok, so please summarize how you stopped being fearful of flying.
'Cus in this...
My fear of flying was more about dying in that way I guess. To me in not knowing when I was going to die *no control* over that space, flying made me feel more vulnerable in that *not being in control*.....and death. Now that I have let go of *thinking* I can control my own death...(oh that sounds so off lol!!) I guess I figure well if I am going to die....might as well enjoy life to the fullest...So is the fear still there....not of death now..so the flying issue is more about sensations, turbulence, seating, confinement...long haul...and I am ok with that space. I guess now the trust and faith in whatever overides the fear memory...seems to work ok for the most part..:smile: ...it's not clear to me the process you employed to remove fear.
I get that you are no longer fearful, but i can't see the process you used.

rsingh
27-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Nothing can satisfy an ego!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........
Everything is satisfactory to consciousness as it is!!!!

lemex
27-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Removing the shout....:hug3:

A wonderful post but don't fall in the trap of intention of others. I think your post has some wonderful information but anger serves others purpose. Continue the dialog. Certainly a lot of judging :wink:. Some will understand, some will not.

rsingh
27-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Hi Lemex

I am not shouting with anger. You may notice this post is not addressed to anybody. I am saying it to myslef - hey ego, nothing can satisfy you. If I operate from consciousness then everything is satisfactory to me as it exists. Obviously it may be true for others if they are operating from ego and not true if they are not operating from ego. But I am not pointing to any person. I am pointing to ego which is an attribute acquired by persons and they are not egos. In fact they are consciousness. Every one is consciousness in reality. So everything should be satisfactory to them as it is including this remark.

Xan
27-02-2012, 11:09 PM
rsingh... You know that in reality everyone is pure consciousness and love.

Yet you speak to your ego as if it were a real 'someone'.

Are you sure you want to reinforce this belief in the ego-mind... that it is You?

I treat my self-identity beliefs as no more than that... ideas and familiar emotional patterns in the mind, so I can let them go one by one.

Xan

rsingh
28-02-2012, 01:21 AM
Hi Xan

I do know that I am consciousness but it has yet to become true for me. I am just reminding myself so that I do not forget that I am still operating from ego and so as to I remain aware of ego operating in me. It is only the awareness of ego that can erode ego as far as I have experienced. No doubt I am progressing. I have lot less ego than I used to have. Every day I am progressing.

Thanks for the advice.

rsingh
28-02-2012, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by blackraven
rsingh - When I was younger my thoughts, feelings and emotions were always exploited. They were picked apart, ignored, distorted and made into something ugly and thrown back into my face. I was always left feeling guilty and responsible for the dysfunctional adults and situations in my life. So as an adult I closed down and protected the sanctity of my inner workings to most. It took years to undo the unconsciousness I operated in and to process my thoughts and reactions in a conscious mode. I am thankful, like you, that I received the conditioning that I did because I grew more than I probably would have otherwise in my quest to understand what makes people tick and what went into the make-up of “me”. At midlife there is little I care to be unconscious about, but even so, it’s difficult to be a conscious person all of the time. It is at those times when others misread my intentions that I’m most aware that my unconscious conditioning has bled out. I then feel a bit annoyed with myself for not being more self-aware as to react in a pre-programmed manner to which I thought I had escaped. It’s a delicate balance.

I like what you said to Shabby about if you accept negative experiences the same as positive than it is simply awareness and that is what consciousness is all about. It’s through that consciousness that you learn and grow. Life without challenges and struggles is life without lessons. Lessons are how we measure our growth intellectually, ethically and spiritually. In fact, we don’t do our children any favors if we protect them from lessons.

Hi blackraven

Wonderful insights. Unconsciousness in others evokes unconscious in us and if we are aware of it then it grows into consciousness. This is the purpose of life and of the universe. The universe is evolving from its unconsciousness to consciousness.

Xan
28-02-2012, 02:18 AM
I do know that I am consciousness but it has yet to become true for me. I am just reminding myself so that I do not forget that I am still operating from ego and so as to I remain aware of ego operating in me. It is only the awareness of ego that can erode ego as far as I have experienced. No doubt I am progressing. I have lot less ego than I used to have. Every day I am progressing.

Thanks for the advice.

I know what you're saying, rsingh. Remaining aware of how the ego-mind operates is important.

At some point we become aware that we are the awareness itself... the witness of it all.

Xan

Mountain-Goat
28-02-2012, 08:28 AM
"Yelling won't get you what you want, You've gotta be smart to get what you want." - 12 Monkeys

lemex
28-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Hi Lemex

I am not shouting with anger. You may notice this post is not addressed to anybody. I am saying it to myslef - hey ego, nothing can satisfy you. If I operate from consciousness then everything is satisfactory to me as it exists. Obviously it may be true for others if they are operating from ego and not true if they are not operating from ego. But I am not pointing to any person. I am pointing to ego which is an attribute acquired by persons and they are not egos. In fact they are consciousness. Every one is consciousness in reality. So everything should be satisfactory to them as it is including this remark.

I apologize I thought you were. I also know thought projects, if it is not outward then it is turned inward. But in honesty, I still sense conflict.

I don't know why we argue with ourselves (ego) anyway, maybe we're to learn how to be more like soul. ok... that's what I believe. If the world were perfect everyone thoughts would be satisfactory if we listened. If in fact we are consciousness then there's the answer. Enlightenment of ego is something that cannot be forced, this was my only concern.

rsingh
29-02-2012, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Lemex

I apologize I thought you were. I also know thought projects, if it is not outward then it is turned inward. But in honesty, I still sense conflict.

I don't know why we argue with ourselves (ego) anyway, maybe we're to learn how to be more like soul. ok... that's what I believe. If the world were perfect everyone thoughts would be satisfactory if we listened. If in fact we are consciousness then there's the answer. Enlightenment of ego is something that cannot be forced, this was my only concern.

Hi Lemex

So nice of you, you do not have to apologise.

I am not in conflict with anybody. I am helping myself and others to develop spiritualy here on this forum and I expect same for others. There may be some individuals who are identified with their thoughts and are trying to justify themselves to be right and others as wrong. But that is OK if they are aware of it. Then they are growing out of it while dispalying these characteristics.

It is diffecult for most of the individuals to get out of the spirit of competition. Competition is a kind or conflict played with in some preset rules and it is the foundation of our society. I go to school, I am in competition with other students. All sports and games are based on competition. I go to work I am in competition with other employees. Every business is in competition with other business. Politicians and political parties compete with each other and so on. Whole society is in the grip of this disease. But this disease is that we had to have. This is the way consciousness evolves and realizes itself. Humans have evolved in many ways due to this competition even though they have not realised as yet that they cannot get where they want to, through this competition. Little pecrcentage,may be less than 1% are aware of this disease and are working to go beyond it. Only a few exceptions have actually grown beyond it. We call then enlightened masters. I do not know when majority of the population will realize it. Whether they will realize it or not? It is the game that consciousness is playing with itself. So I do not know what consciousness have in store for us in future. Actually there is no past or futue. There is always eternal now.

rsingh
29-02-2012, 01:57 AM
I am also thankful to the circumstances that were challenging, diffecult and frustrating. A special thanks to my experience of running my own business for 8 years. I had to work long frustrating hours and 7 days a week most of the time. At the end of 8 years of struggle I realized that life was not about having but about being. I will never get what I want. I get that goes alongwith who I am. This was a turning point in my life that put me on the path of spirituality. Now in about 7 years I have grown tremendously in spirituality, am still growing and I know that there is no end to my growth.