PDA

View Full Version : in need of information

confusedforlife1
23-02-2012, 03:45 AM
Hello everyone!
I am looking into the healing and wanting to practice these my self can anyone with information please post and let me know were a good place to start healing practices is?
Thanks so much!

Kaausti
25-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Hi!

Healing methods are vast and wide and we know more healers are needed in this World!! Fabulous that you are asking! There are way more experienced persons on here, I'd review the threads to gain the best insight and start with a practice that you are most drawn to.

In Reiki healing and modern therapy...one of the things I've learned as the very first stage is to work on self, heal thy self...all else falls into place when we receive healings....through that we then naturally learn and share/practice and when we are ready, our teachers will come to aid and nurture that within us.

SpiritIgnited
25-02-2012, 05:39 PM
first stage is to work on self, heal thy self...all else falls into place when we receive healings....through that we then naturally learn and share/practice and when we are ready, our teachers will come to aid and nurture that within us.

Amen to that. I agree that self-healing is very important for a healer. I know that if I am not emotionally, psychologically, etc sound then it clouds my ability to help my client. Start with yourself and the rest will fall into place naturally :-)

confusedforlife1
25-02-2012, 05:57 PM
how do you heal yourself what do you do i have no idea what to do to start out

SpiritIgnited
26-02-2012, 05:34 AM
I am by no means an expert at self-healing, but I'd be happy to share what I do. Self-healing to me represents clearing away negative energies and blockages within myself. I find them and try to release them with the meditation technique outlined that I adapted from a workshop by Trisha Eldridge. The technique basically involves drawing breath through each of the seven major chakras and suffusing my entire body with energy and then letting that energy flow into my field. I use this as my main self healing technique in addition to general clearing and opening my chakras…I am usually much more aware of surrounding energies or literally “see” things a little differently afterwards. It also takes some time to get through so if you’re looking to try it, I’d recommend trying when you won’t be rushed. That said here we go!

I ground first by visualizing my energy extending from the soles of my feet all the way into the core of the Earth. Once my energy feels solidly connected, I draw energy from the Earth’s core back up through the channel I created, up through my body and continue extending upwards through space until it connects with the heart of the Universe (or heaven/God if you prefer). Once I feel connected I draw the Universal energy back down, through my body and down into the core of the Earth, creating a two-way channel for both energies. I remain grounded and connected to both through the rest of the mediation.

For the next part I visualize the root chakra. I picture it red, glowing, spinning, pulsating and alive. I imagine that as I take a slow, deep breath, I am at the same time breathing vibrant colored light the same color as the chakra in through the front and back of the chakra. All of the meditation is synchronized with my breathing. As I inhale I visualize drawing in enormous amounts of energy into the chakra, filling it until it overflows into the rest of my body, from my toes to my head and finger tips. When I am full, I pause for a moment then exhale and visualize the red colored energy that’s filled my body expanding outward to saturate my energy field, which also expands. I repeat the process once more for the chakra. I consider this the “opening phase.”

Now I will repeat the same steps above with the root chakra twice more, breathing in red, then follow the same steps breathing red twice for the sacral, then twice for the solar plexus, heart, etc. so that each chakra, in order, receives two breaths of red energy. Once all have, I simultaneously breathe through all seven chakras until my whole being is suffused with brilliant red light. Pause for a moment, then I let that light spill outwards into my energy field on the exhale, expanding it significantly in all directions. I think of this as the “breathing phase.”

I repeat the “opening phase” for the sacral chakra using the color orange, then move to the “breathing phase” with orange, going through each chakra twice starting at the root and moving upwards. Finally I breathe through all seven simultaneously with orange, repeat once more and then I’m done with orange. I perform the “opening phase” with the solar plexus with yellow, move to the “breathing phase” with the same color starting at root moving upwards, etc. The whole meditation repeats with each chakra using each one’s color, opening phase, breathing phase, simultaneous breath, and move to opening with the next chakra until all seven have had an opening phase and a breathing phase with their respective color. It can some time to complete, but it is well worth it in my opinion. My whole system is flushed out, I feel “light,” like I can breathe…almost like I never knew I was holding it before.

What I notice as I do the meditation is that, as the energy flows through the chakra (like a doorway) and begins to fill my body, there are areas the energy has a harder time flowing into (like right now my upper left shoulder blade and my right foot). I’ll make a note of it but continue to flush my energy system out with all the colors, making sure a good amount washes through those areas in particular. It usually works, but if it doesn’t then I’ll move my attention into those areas again – allowing my consciousness to sink into them and see what I might be holding there, accept it and then pour what I visualize to be love into the affected area, watch it soak it up and release whatever was there before.

And to conclude my novella here, some helpful hints: take your time going through the meditation; let it be slow and conscious. Get to know your body and your chakras because, in a manner of speaking, they will communicate their needs to you, which are really your own needs as it is all a direct reflection of your state of being. If you feel dizzy or light headed, pause, breath normally for a few moments, reground, then resume. Last but not least, relax, be mindful of what you’re feeling and enjoy going step by step. :-)

Kaausti
27-02-2012, 04:10 AM
SpiritIgnited, this is an amazing sharing of self work. Thank you.

confusedforlife1
27-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Wow that more then i hoped for thank you so much!!!

SpiritIgnited
28-02-2012, 04:10 AM
Happy to share. I hope you find it useful.