PDA

View Full Version : Coincidence

Shabby
23-02-2012, 12:58 AM
I just accidentally quoted iScorpio on another thread...but is there such thing as coincidence?

Humm
23-02-2012, 01:00 AM
No - there are only simultaneously occurring synchronicities. :D

psychoslice
23-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Yes there is coincidence, but most people who believe in spiritual things think otherwise.

Yazs
23-02-2012, 01:10 AM
No - there are only simultaneously occurring synchronicities. :D
Strangely enough, that is about the best answer to one of the most curious questions I have ever read! Well said my friend!

psychoslice
23-02-2012, 01:14 AM
Strangely enough, that is about the best answer to one of the most curious questions I have ever read! Well said my friend!
I think it sounds like the same thing, a coincidence.

Yazs
23-02-2012, 01:19 AM
I think it sounds like the same thing, a coincidence.
Metaphysics at work! Huh lol

Xan
23-02-2012, 01:42 AM
Coincidence or synchronicity it's all just quantum physics. Everything is interconnected at the least and entangled at most.

Xan

Shabby
23-02-2012, 01:58 AM
Yes there is coincidence, but most people who believe in spiritual things think otherwise.

That's a good one...I did not think of it that way. So you think everything just is...what ever it is?

Let's say I dial a wrung number by accident and someone picks up and starts telling me about his problems....it's just coincidence...but because I am spiritual I think Hey...this is not a coincidence...God wanted me to connect to this person cause he needed someone to listen to him?

LOL How freeing is that! Thanks Slice : )

psychoslice
23-02-2012, 02:11 AM
That's a good one...I did not think of it that way. So you think everything just is...what ever it is?

Let's say I dial a wrung number by accident and someone picks up and starts telling me about his problems....it's just coincidence...but because I am spiritual I think Hey...this is not a coincidence...God wanted me to connect to this person cause he needed someone to listen to him?

LOL How freeing is that! Thanks Slice : )
Yes that's how i see it, and really all is God, but why do we have to make it sound so mysterious, its just what IS, no hocus pocus lol.

silent whisper
23-02-2012, 02:32 AM
Everything just is..if we see it that way...everything just is even when we see the way we see it.

Swami Chihuahuananda
23-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Coincidence or synchronicity it's all just quantum physics. Everything is interconnected at the least and entangled at most.

Xan
Aha , yes, quantum physics, matter being but energy vibrating a certain way, and both somehow pulled out of the void to show up temporarily with form .
Interconnected and interchangeable , with some entanglement . Allowed to associate randomly but also (if you ask me) under the influence of conscious
influence , like what we call laws of physics and yes, thought. I can see nothing as being coincidental, or everything, or everything inbetween , depending on how I look at it :icon_eek: . Heh... maybe I will look for a different thread :redface: .

Gem
23-02-2012, 09:47 AM
I just accidentally quoted iScorpio on another thread...but is there such thing as coincidence?

Yeah I'd say so, I mean we all know what coincidence means, and also have had coincidences, so, yeah.

Gem
23-02-2012, 09:50 AM

maybe people just take the word coincidence and just call it something else, like sychronicity for example.

I think it's nice that coincidences occur.

psychoslice
23-02-2012, 10:00 AM
maybe people just take the word coincidence and just call it something else, like sychronicity for example.

I think it's nice that coincidences occur.
Yes its nice to just let them happen without making some big deal about them, the same with what we call miracles.

Gem
23-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Yes its nice to just let them happen without making some big deal about them, the same with what we call miracles.

Yep, maybe a miracle is just being, I mean everything is miraculous really.

Swami Chihuahuananda
23-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Yep, maybe a miracle is just being, I mean everything is miraculous really.

Yep, really. The everyday is miraculous and the miraculous is every day :cool: . how about 'random, continual , omnipresent synchronicity ' ?
Who cares if it's self-contradictory, it sounds good :D

Mr Interesting
23-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Coincidence is where something happens that you don't take responsibilty for whereas serendipity is where you do... same thing happens but the awareness around each is different.