PDA

View Full Version : Methods of Healing

Shabby
21-02-2012, 02:01 PM
It is my understanding that when we say "Spiritual Healing" we mean any healing approach other than the traditional way.

I don't see a difference in the goal but in the path/belief used to bring about harmony in body and mind.

I know there is Energy Healing, Spiritual Healing and Faith Healing. If you know other methods please do share.

What is the belief behind each one of these healing methods?

WhiteWarrior
21-02-2012, 02:04 PM
I disagree. I think both spiritual and faith healing are energy healing when it comes right down to it. I base this on the observation that once while I and another was doing a healing chant for a third, a bubble of golden healing energy formed around the target person. And we were not at any point casting a bubble or calling for energy specifically.

Shabby
21-02-2012, 02:22 PM
I disagree. I think both spiritual and faith healing are energy healing when it comes right down to it. I base this on the observation that once while I and another was doing a healing chant for a third, a bubble of golden healing energy formed around the target person. And we were not at any point casting a bubble or calling for energy specifically.

You disagree with what? With different methods? That's like saying all is faith healing.

Shabby
21-02-2012, 02:35 PM
From Wikipedia:
Faith healing is healing through spiritual means. Believers assert that the healing of a person can be brought about by religious faith through prayer and/or rituals that, according to adherents, stimulate a divine presence and power toward correcting disease and disability. Belief in divine intervention in illness or healing is related to religious belief.[

Energy medicine, energy therapy or energy healing is a branch of complementary and alternative medicine that holds the belief that a healer is able to channel healing energy into the person seeking help by different methods: hands-on,[1] hands-off,[1] and distant[1][2] (or absent) where the patient and healer are in different locations

I found nothing in Wikipedia on Spiritual Healing as Mystics experience it and taught by Joel Goldsmith and Christian Science.

WhiteWarrior
21-02-2012, 02:40 PM
No, I am saying that if you are doing faith healing then in reality you are unconsciously doing energy healing. It all comes down to the strength of intent. If you know a difference between divine power and spiritual energy then educate me.

Shabby
21-02-2012, 02:56 PM
No, I am saying that if you are doing faith healing then in reality you are unconsciously doing energy healing. It all comes down to the strength of intent. If you know a difference between divine power and spiritual energy then educate me.

No I don't Whitewarrior...that is why I started this thread to get more education and opinions on what is out there.

I just see a difference as I originally stated in the belief behind each method. Faith for example believes in a higher power that we can ask for a healing to take place. This higher power is believed to be a part from us. This higher power is contacted through prayer or so. What stands out to me is that it is believed that this higher power can give something in form of a healing.The energy worker believes also in a power he/she can tap into and "channel". Here the healer is a medium...an in between person between a higher power and the person needing a healing.The mystic experiences itself to be one with that power...it IS that power....at least that is how I see...please correct if you see it different.

Shabby
21-02-2012, 03:09 PM
On Christian Science I found this as I find it sums it up nicely:

Christian Scientists hold that the reality of being and of all that God makes is spiritual, not material. They see this spiritual reality as the only reality and all else as illusion or "error." Christian Science acknowledges that all people seem to be experiencing a material existence, but holds that this material existence ultimately yields to a true, spiritual understanding of God and creation.

Seawolf
21-02-2012, 04:54 PM
There is also inner child healing. The belief behind is that your subconscious is like a person that is a part of you. This has been the most effective method for me personally.

Shabby
21-02-2012, 05:09 PM
There is also inner child healing. The belief behind is that your subconscious is like a person that is a part of you. This has been the most effective method for me personally.

Oh that makes sense...I can see the benefit of it. How does one connect to that "Inner Child"?

Seawolf
21-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Oh that makes sense...I can see the benefit of it. How does one connect to that "Inner Child"?
Here is a meditation that I use..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq2Gh0VG_Oo

Shabby
21-02-2012, 05:24 PM

I watched and found it very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Seawolf
21-02-2012, 09:11 PM
I watched and found it very interesting. Thank you for sharing.
Your welcome :smile: I like Dr Len, he's like a wise, old grandfather.

iScorpio
21-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Crystal Healing, and Reiki (Energy Healing, which I'm sure has been said.)

Shabby
21-02-2012, 09:32 PM
How do you do crystal Healing?

iScorpio
21-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Placing crystals on the chakras and layouts.. there are also crystal wands to help direct energy from the crystal.

Aquarian
22-02-2012, 01:05 AM
From Wikipedia:
Faith healing is healing through spiritual means. Believers assert that the healing of a person can be brought about by religious faith through prayer and/or rituals that, according to adherents, stimulate a divine presence and power toward correcting disease and disability. Belief in divine intervention in illness or healing is related to religious belief.

Energy medicine, energy therapy or energy healing is a branch of complementary and alternative medicine that holds the belief that a healer is able to channel healing energy into the person seeking help by different methods: hands-on,[1] hands-off,[1] and distant[1][2] (or absent) where the patient and healer are in different locations

I found nothing in Wikipedia on Spiritual Healing as Mystics experience it and taught by Joel Goldsmith and Christian Science.
You're lucky you got that much from Wikipedia as there are about 5 people each spending hours daily using every dirty trick in the book to portray everything they don't believe in as a pseudoscience.

So faith healing invokes a non-physical healer.

Crystal healing is an example of using a physical substance to affect one's energy. Chi bracelets and bangles mostly come under that category.

Most traditional medicine involves using physical substances to effect one's physical body.

Last category would have to be influencing the mind.

It's not really what you asked for and what use it is to anyone I don't know. :wink:

Shabby
22-02-2012, 01:41 AM
You're lucky you got that much from Wikipedia as there are about 5 people each spending hours daily using every dirty trick in the book to portray everything they don't believe in as a pseudoscience.

So faith healing invokes a non-physical healer.

Crystal healing is an example of using a physical substance to affect one's energy. Chi bracelets and bangles mostly come under that category.

Most traditional medicine involves using physical substances to effect one's physical body.

Last category would have to be influencing the mind.

It's not really what you asked for and what use it is to anyone I don't know. :wink:

I was surprised that Spiritual Healing was not on Wikipedia. They do have under Mystics healing, but it does not go into detail about what it is.

Haoma
22-02-2012, 02:57 AM

Your welcome :smile: I like Dr Len, he's like a wise, old grandfather.

I watched the video (did the meditation) and watched a few of the interviews on YouTube with Dr Hew Len, and can see that it's a very helpful healing method. Anyone that has a deep understanding with the levels of consciousness usually gets my attention. Thanks for sharing :smile:

psychoslice
22-02-2012, 03:06 AM
The best way to heal the body for me is too trust the body, just eat the best you can, think the best you can and play the best you can, the body knows what to do, its the only true healer.

Xan
22-02-2012, 03:12 AM
I gravitate toward energy healing methods, since I recognize energy systems as the essence of the body-mind... and all other forms.

Over the years I've used conscious breathing, acupressure for balancing meridian flows, Deeksha, EFT, The Healing Code, QiGong, hands-on work with chakras, tantiens and other systems, light and love inclusion, MIR-Method, and now mudras.

In my work as an alternative psychotherapist I mostly used a method that released conditioned negative patterns... through communication with parts of the subconscious mind, such as the inner child at various ages, and others.

Xan

Shabby
22-02-2012, 03:27 AM
I gravitate toward energy healing methods, since I recognize energy systems as the essence of the body-mind... and all other forms.

Over the years I've used conscious breathing, acupressure for balancing meridian flows, Deeksha, EFT, The Healing Code, QiGong, hands-on work with chakras, tantiens and other systems, light and love inclusion, MIR-Method, and now mudras.

In my work as an alternative psychotherapist I mostly used a method that released conditioned negative patterns... through communication with parts of the subconscious mind, such as the inner child at various ages, and others.

Xan

Oh Xan...you have to tell me what The healing Code is....please? : )

Xan
22-02-2012, 03:31 AM
Oh, it's a very simple and powerful healing method for both physical and emotional/mental issues that can be learned from the book by that name... The Healing Code. I got mine from the library. Chapter 10 is the 'how to' one, and the rest of the book is well worth the read.

Xan

Shabby
22-02-2012, 03:48 AM
Oh, it's a very simple and powerful healing method for both physical and emotional/mental issues that can be learned from the book by that name... The Healing Code. I got mine from the library. Chapter 10 is the 'how to' one, and the rest of the book is well worth the read.

Xan

I will have to check it out : )

Xan
22-02-2012, 03:57 AM
Yep... I found it quite effective for a neural problem. Gone in a few days.

Xan

Shabby
22-02-2012, 03:57 PM
What came to me this morning was that Spiritual Healing is the result of being one with God. It is the alignment of realizing a oneness of being and in being Spirit. Therefore "Spiritual Healing". There is nothing a such Healer or mystic does with the patient, as it has nothing to do with the patient.

The Healer recognizes the experience of discord as real to the patient, but holds the Truth of being in mind in spite of an appearance. It's like shinning light on a illusion.

Where I see the difference is that all other healing methods are belief based, where as true "Spiritual Healing" is a result of being one.

Xan
22-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Well... being one may be a prerequisite for true spiritual healing, but those who use other methods - alternative or conventional ones - may be also be aware in the oneness. It's just according to our individual expressions from the One.

Xan

Xan
22-02-2012, 09:48 PM
I want to say just a little more about The Healing Code, as I should have before.

This is an energy healing method that uses a hand pose in four positions on and around the head in specific positions. It takes about 6 minutes 2-3 times a day to do the practice.

There are over 500 reviews on Amazon.com for the book, which has been out for 10 years. Most of them are quite positive.

Xan

Gem
22-02-2012, 10:22 PM
What came to me this morning was that Spiritual Healing is the result of being one with God. It is the alignment of realizing a oneness of being and in being Spirit. Therefore "Spiritual Healing". There is nothing a such Healer or mystic does with the patient, as it has nothing to do with the patient.

The Healer recognizes the experience of discord as real to the patient, but holds the Truth of being in mind in spite of an appearance. It's like shinning light on a illusion.

Where I see the difference is that all other healing methods are belief based, where as true "Spiritual Healing" is a result of being one.

I know everyone has pretty wild ideas, but It's more than just banging out a few 'Ones'... and these days methods which are luvvy duvvy and kinda off the wall are popular... and I agree they're better than a frontal lobotomy.

Shabby
22-02-2012, 11:24 PM
I know everyone has pretty wild ideas, but It's more than just banging out a few 'Ones'... and these days methods which are luvvy duvvy and kinda off the wall are popular... and I agree they're better than a frontal lobotomy.

Yes, there is some crazy stuff out there LOL but if it works for any one person.... it was worth the invention : )

Shabby
22-02-2012, 11:26 PM
The thing with belief is that you could come up with ANYTHING and sell it if you can convince another that it works. Most likely it actually will because of belief.

As you believe ......

Seawolf
22-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Yes, there is some crazy stuff out there LOL but if it works for any one person.... it was worth the invention : )
:icon_bounce: :hug: :icon_bounce:

Xan
23-02-2012, 01:33 AM
As for belief, some healing methods do rely on that whereas others work on babies, animals and die-hard skeptics just as well. No placebo effect there.

Xan

Shabby
23-02-2012, 02:20 AM
As for belief, some healing methods do rely on that whereas others work on babies, animals and die-hard skeptics just as well. No placebo effect there.

Xan

Hey Xan...that's a good observation, but what do we know about the consciousness of Babies, animals and even the seemingly hard skeptics?

When my daughter was about 7 months old she had a spot on her head where no hair grew. It was wet and we had to put a special cream on it. The Doctor said no hair would ever grow there. I looked up Skin Problems in Louise Hays Book and read that the cause was the feeling of individuality being threatened. I realized that not my daughter, but I was having those feelings. Kids up to a certain age reflect the parents beliefs until they create their own.

Spiritual Healing addresses solely the parents/owners when dealing with ill Children or animals.

Xan
23-02-2012, 02:49 AM
In some cases that's so, that babies and animals are only reflecting our own expectations. But I don't see it so black and white. They have their own consciousness and also have their own issues going on. When I got into energy healing I got some real revelations.

Xan

Gem
23-02-2012, 05:45 AM

I don't think it was intended to help anyone in most cases, it was just a person with the idea that he is so great because he has discovered a easy way to cure it all.

People should consider the problems associated with giving people really high hopes which end up with them taking a hard fall.

That really concerns me a lot, and although it's nice to be all positive, what if it works just OK (in that it didn't really harm them) for one person, and it causes more harm than good for most?

psychoslice
23-02-2012, 06:07 AM
There is crazy stuff out there like Chemo and Radium treatments.

Gem
23-02-2012, 06:47 AM
There is crazy stuff out there like Chemo and Radium treatments.

Yeah, pretty drastic, but those people are in serious conditions, and I'm pretty sure they have quite a good success rate in both cure and extention of life, whereas 'miracle cancer cures' have a very small placebo effect.

Sarian
23-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Oh, yeah, well NOW you tell me...

:icon_eek:

hee hee

Shabby
23-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Yeah, pretty drastic, but those people are in serious conditions, and I'm pretty sure they have quite a good success rate in both cure and extention of life, whereas 'miracle cancer cures' have a very small placebo effect.

I get what you are saying Gem, but too many people are still suffering and dying even though we have traditional means. Not every one gets cured by traditional means and they are left to suffer and die. I am not saying that alternative methods should replace traditional means but I feel we must evolve to the understanding (doctors included) that we are not just physical beings.

I believe a cure of any disease is possible if the physical, mental and spiritual aspect of a person is addressed.

I see in the future Doctors working together with mental and spiritual healers for the whole good of a patient.

Xan
23-02-2012, 07:44 PM
I don't think it was intended to help anyone in most cases, it was just a person with the idea that he is so great because he has discovered a easy way to cure it all.

This sounds a bit on the cynical side, Gem. In my experience there are people in the world who genuinely care as much for others well being as for their own, and have developed effective methods that help and heal.

Xan

Gem
23-02-2012, 10:03 PM

This sounds a bit on the cynical side, Gem. In my experience there are people in the world who genuinely care as much for others well being as for their own, and have developed effective methods that help and heal.

Xan

Here's the trick right. Begin by discretiting my words so you cme out the one with the 'right' view... pfffft.

Seawolf
23-02-2012, 10:04 PM
I see in the future Doctors working together with mental and spiritual healers for the whole good of a patient.
I believe this too. We're more than just physical beings so we need healing for our whole person. Medical science is already starting to open up to alternate/holistic ideas. I think at the beginning, science may have thrown the baby out with the bathwater and good information was lost, but it probably won't be too long before we start understanding spiritual healing.

Shabby
23-02-2012, 10:11 PM
I believe this too. We're more than just physical beings so we need healing for our whole person. Medical science is already starting to open up to alternate/holistic ideas. I think at the beginning, science may have thrown the baby out with the bathwater and good information was lost, but it probably won't be too long before we start understanding spiritual healing.

True Seawolf and I am glad that I am meeting more and more people that are open minded about this idea : )

Podshell
23-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Just a quick question.

In the last year or so , I have asked via dreams to show me a cure/aid for my condition/s.

So far I have dreamed of Hibiscus and Blueberries, both apparently have properties that are good for my ailments, and I have used both.

Is there a name for this type of thing? ie discovering which substances may be beneficial for ailments via dreams?

I had a dream regarding Cocaine a few nights back, but I don't think I will be giving that a try.

Xan
23-02-2012, 11:08 PM
"Conscious Dreaming", an excellent book by Robert Moss, talks about receiving useful information or getting questions answered or suggestions for how to go ahead in one's life... through dreams by doing just what you did, Podshell... asking.

Xan

Gem
24-02-2012, 07:35 AM
I get what you are saying Gem, but too many people are still suffering and dying even though we have traditional means. Not every one gets cured by traditional means and they are left to suffer and die. I am not saying that alternative methods should replace traditional means but I feel we must evolve to the understanding (doctors included) that we are not just physical beings.

Yea, but a lot of stuff is recognized, like acupuncture and vedic practices to a large extent, and there's roomf for improvement... but in medicine there's alot said about diet and activity along with positive attitude so balance is already considered, and mostly importantly, the science of medical healing is overall, far more successful at cure than any 'alternative' method.

I believe a cure of any disease is possible if the physical, mental and spiritual aspect of a person is addressed.

Doctors already work with psychologists and psychiatrists, and the ones I mentioned and more, but seriously, considering the number of fakes and charlotans in the spiritual healing field, and their low success rate in general, a sensible and professional person has a duty of care to protect patients who may be a little desperate and vunerable.

It helps to understand, most spiritual 'healing' methods are not effective, or only address benign conditions which would have most probably have gone away by themselves, however, I do agree with the oriental philosophy of prevention and the mind body spirit approach.

Seawolf
24-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Just a quick question.

In the last year or so , I have asked via dreams to show me a cure/aid for my condition/s.

So far I have dreamed of Hibiscus and Blueberries, both apparently have properties that are good for my ailments, and I have used both.

Is there a name for this type of thing? ie discovering which substances may be beneficial for ailments via dreams?

I had a dream regarding Cocaine a few nights back, but I don't think I will be giving that a try.
Hi Podshell, I don't know the name of it, but that's interesting because I've heard of the spiritual properties of eating blueberries before.

Kaausti
25-02-2012, 11:36 AM
It is my understanding that when we say "Spiritual Healing" we mean any healing approach other than the traditional way.

I don't see a difference in the goal but in the path/belief used to bring about harmony in body and mind.

I know there is Energy Healing, Spiritual Healing and Faith Healing. If you know other methods please do share.

What is the belief behind each one of these healing methods?

Hi Shabby,
An effective healing method for me was hypnotherapy/inner child...@ diff. stages, I had also received/exchanged diff. methods (medicinal, energy work, etc.).

Interestingly, upon reflection, spiritual healing (which for me requires faith) is always at least 80% of the approach, the other 20% being the specific practice/method.

Shabby
25-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Hi Shabby,
An effective healing method for me was hypnotherapy/inner child...@ diff. stages, I had also received/exchanged diff. methods (medicinal, energy work, etc.).

Interestingly, upon reflection, spiritual healing (which for me requires faith) is always at least 80% of the approach, the other 20% being the specific practice/method.

Hi Kaausti,
When you say faith you mean belief plus action right? And I agree. I see that so many new methods of healing are "popping up" but in essence they are all the same: If you do this (belief) then the result will be healing and if he does it (action) healing becomes the experience. If the healer is convinced of the practice which could be something as simple as touching ones toe to as complicated as setting the alarm clock for 6 a.m. and going outside the house making three circles to the left and three to the right, jump up and down and clap your hands and do that for 6 weeks in a row every Tuesday, but skip full moon......healing could be the patients experience if he believes the healer.

I recall Jesus healing the blind mans eyes by putting mud on them and telling him to wash them out or laying his hands on them, or telling them that the need to go and show themselves to the priests.

In essence all healing methods are faith based and I wonder if traditions means are too.

Seawolf
25-02-2012, 01:39 PM
In essence all healing methods are faith based and I wonder if traditions means are too.
If something works, I don't think someone just makes it up. They're probably also inspired by Divinity. It reminds me of shamans that go into the spirit world to find cures. I think basis is we just have to listen, be inspired. I don't think of faith as assurance so much, but more as consistency of practice.

Shabby
25-02-2012, 01:59 PM
I have come to the conclusion that even traditional methods are based on faith.
Yep. You believe the doctor is going to find what is wrong with you and that he will find a cure for you. Therefore you go to the doctor. Belief plus action. If he says you need medicine...you believe it and you take it. Belief plus action.

Now if you heal and how long it takes to heal depends on the patients belief in the remedy. Because traditional means have scientist to back up the belief the collective belief is stronger and therefore the results more effective.

Where the alternative methods come in is when something is termed by Doctors as incurable. Medicine does not cure but suppresses the symptom, so Doctors only "cure" what can be fixed or removed through operation.

That still leaves a lot of illness and diseases not cured.

Seawolf
25-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Now if you heal and how long it takes to heal depends on the patients belief in the remedy. Because traditional means have scientist to back up the belief the collective belief is stronger and therefore the results more effective.
That definitely can play a part in medicine, that's why they do double-blind experiments so they can weed out belief and see if something works or not. You can do that with any healing method. I saw a phd student doing work with mediums and had some very interesting results. I believe spirituality is real and works, and is not just belief. I can't say what it is exactly, but that doesn't bother me if it produces positive results.

Xan
25-02-2012, 07:07 PM
On the other hand, Shabby... We don't have to believe in electricity to turn on a light.

Existence is made up of Consciousness... of which the mind's beliefs are one part... and Energies, which run on their own whether we even know about them or not. For instance, the subtle life energy systems of the body-mind can be enhanced for healing.

My position is... belief comes after discovery, not before.

Xan

Gem
25-02-2012, 10:33 PM
I have come to the conclusion that even traditional methods are based on faith.
Yep. You believe the doctor is going to find what is wrong with you and that he will find a cure for you. Therefore you go to the doctor. Belief plus action. If he says you need medicine...you believe it and you take it. Belief plus action.

In the trials, they have a control group who don't take the drug, a group which is given a placebo, and a group who is given the trialed drug. They include the 'faith healed' (placebo cases) in the statistics, so the reasearch is very thorough in that regard.

Any doctor will say a positive attitude makes so much difference to both healing and longevity.

Where the alternative methods come in is when something is termed by Doctors as incurable. Medicine does not cure but suppresses the symptom, so Doctors only "cure" what can be fixed or removed through operation.

That still leaves a lot of illness and diseases not cured.

Alternative method uses isolated cases as examples, and do not have the hard statistics. Facts are, terminal cases almost always decease, but occasionally there is an unexplained recovery... medical persons document many of these cases.

You'll have to come to terms with the fact, professional medics are by far the best healers available, and if one has maleria, best take the medicine.

Dragonfly1
26-02-2012, 07:55 AM
It is my belief that faith plays a major part in most things.....the mind is a very powerful thing....mind over matter isn't just a saying.....

Xan don't we have to have a belief in something before we discover it? How else does anything get discovered if the belief comes after the discovery?.......If we didn't believe we wouldnt bother looking.....if we don't look we don't find......spirituality is built on faith....you first have to believe in something and then find it.....by opening the mind and soul to it.......that's my opinion on it........Peace xx

Rin
26-02-2012, 11:01 AM
In the trials, they have a control group who don't take the drug, a group which is given a placebo, and a group who is given the trialed drug. They include the 'faith healed' (placebo cases) in the statistics, so the reasearch is very thorough in that regard.

You forgot to mention recent research which included a group who were told ahead of time that they are only getting a placebo. They knew it was a placebo, had no medical effect, and in the end their healing rate was just about the same as in the pharmacologically active groups.
This shows that we have to look for other factors outside of belief, faith, and active medicines.

Kaausti
26-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Shabby wrote: When you say faith you mean belief plus action right?

Yes! Agreed.

Gem
26-02-2012, 11:35 AM
You forgot to mention recent research which included a group who were told ahead of time that they are only getting a placebo. They knew it was a placebo, had no medical effect, and in the end their healing rate was just about the same as in the pharmacologically active groups.
This shows that we have to look for other factors outside of belief, faith, and active medicines.

If the placebo is as effective as the drug, the drug fails the tests. It happens sometimes.

Instead of using an isolated incident to push something (which 'alternative' measures tend to do), statistics are taken from a large number of tests which catagorically show the success rate... then research continues into the side effects and it's all documented in papers which are subject to peer review...

In the end medics save more lives than anyone else.

Seawolf
26-02-2012, 03:22 PM
We all know that medical science is more advanced than spiritual healing, I don't understand why that would be a point of contention. :confused: Since this is a spirituality forum, we're trying spiritual methods. No one is saying that they're supposed to replace medical science, obviously they aren't there yet. If I break my leg I'm going straight to the hospital. I don't know any great healers that fix things like that.

But I also think with more time and effort it will advance to the point where we can heal ourselves spiritually. Medical science is great, but can only go so far because traditionally it has only addressed the physical. Slowly the prejudices against spirituality are being broken down though, and I think people will start doing more and more research. It will take our understanding much farther than it has been able to go because we've been limited by our prejudices of the past. Now we're starting to wonder 'maybe there is something to it', and new exciting research is being done despite extreme opposition from the old materialist way of thinking.

Shabby
26-02-2012, 03:29 PM
It is my belief that faith plays a major part in most things.....the mind is a very powerful thing....mind over matter isn't just a saying.....

Xan don't we have to have a belief in something before we discover it? How else does anything get discovered if the belief comes after the discovery?.......If we didn't believe we wouldnt bother looking.....if we don't look we don't find......spirituality is built on faith....you first have to believe in something and then find it.....by opening the mind and soul to it.......that's my opinion on it........Peace xx

I agree Dragonfly1...mind over matter....Truth over mind : )

Shabby
26-02-2012, 03:34 PM
If the placebo is as effective as the drug, the drug fails the tests. It happens sometimes.

Instead of using an isolated incident to push something (which 'alternative' measures tend to do), statistics are taken from a large number of tests which catagorically show the success rate... then research continues into the side effects and it's all documented in papers which are subject to peer review...

True Gem, but why? Maybe by looking into why something works we can create a short cut and enhance even those results.

Rin
26-02-2012, 05:31 PM
You mean the same medics who also create disease at an rapid rate?

7luminaries
27-02-2012, 01:32 AM
I think allopathic medicince is very limited and is best for acute interventions (cut it, or stop the bleeding, or intubate/resuscitate etc).

The best allopathic medicine I think is in the areas of anti inflammatories and of anaesthesia and terminal pain relief. Insulin treatments and blood clotting treatments, organ replacement, etc, for specific subpopulations. Although I think "alternative" medicine will eventually prove better in all or most of these areas, including areas where damage must be repaired at the level of DNA...and by this I mean either emotional/spiritual damage or environmental or inherited damage.

In most other areas allopathic medicine is very much hit or miss.
Though, as a broadly wielded double-edged sword, lives have been extended through medications for diabetes, heart disease, blood pressure, cholesterol & the like...still, it's often a mixed bag. The best things for it are diets & lifestyles better suited to the individual, though that's not always easy or simple.

Particularly for chronic conditions, for nerve damage, for mental illness, for cancers, for many heart conditions, for other autoimmune related diseases (lupus, arthritis, allergies, aids)...it is of very limited help, or of inconsistent effect etc...

It is here especially that alternative medicines offer treatments that can be far more effective, targeted, and subtle in treatment with far fewer and less damaging side effects than allopathic medicine.

Holistic treatments such as ayurveda/traditional herbals & dietary treatments, traditional chinese medicine & accupuncture, and energy healing (ideally focusing on all chakras and energy meridians in addition to the particular illness/imbalance presenting)....have all been extremely effective in helping many over the millenia.

I personally have been helped by accupuncture regarding nerve damage after a caesarean section. And within 30 days, feeling began to return to internal muscles over the incision. Within a few months, complete normality of feeling & movement, after many months of no change whatsoever. Same with an ear infection where suddenly all hearing was gone. After multiple western docs said...sorry we have no idea...jusst 3 long weeks on some nasty tasting freshly made capsules from the chinese doc...and there you go.

Since then, I've gotten even more heavily into energy healing, which very often deals with the really pervasive illnesses that involve the body-mind-heart-spirit connection, where all of these often must be dealt with at some point in order for healing to begin. And where ideally the patient is engaged and involved in the healing. Or at least, aware of it...to start.

But despite all that, if the patient can only go so far, or if there are larger issues that they cannot confront, you may run up against the God wall. For all that you yourself are only working with energy, or Spirit.
The God wall is that place where patient and Source must ultimately negotiate. Not as in bargain but as in find their way in that particular life.

Sometimes I think of the Time Traveller and his wife.
No matter how he tried, it was just the time that was chosen for her to go. Anything short of that, though, we can work with...

Peace & blessings,
7L

Xan
27-02-2012, 01:41 AM
I like it that traditional allopathic medicine is now calling natural treatments "complementary" rather than "alternative".

Xan

7luminaries
27-02-2012, 01:58 AM
I like it that traditional allopathic medicine is now calling natural treatments "complementary" rather than "alternative".

Xan

:wink: Yes...that is interesting, isn't it? :D
That is progress indeed.

One day, the allopathic will perhaps be called...acute intervention medicine (AIM) :tongue: for bone setting, tube tying, cyst or organ removal, and so forth...

...as in you pays the AIM doctors and you takes your chances :tongue:
whilst for their part, they take aim, and they either hit or miss !!!

peace & blessings,
7L

Xan
27-02-2012, 02:03 AM
Yes... Another approach I like is in Really traditional medicine when doctors worked to keep their people healthy, rather than waiting until things went wrong and trying to fix it. I read that, in the old way of Chinese medicine, if a person got sick they didn't have to pay.

Xan

Gem
27-02-2012, 01:15 PM
True Gem, but why? Maybe by looking into why something works we can create a short cut and enhance even those results.

I'm sure you'll find that doctors recognize the benefits of a positive attitude, healthy diet, physical therapies, relaxation already.

You don't take your broken legs to the crystal healer, and you don't take the maleria sufferer to the aromatherapy room.

If you have some small concern, then sure, some comfort is nice while it runs its natural course.

Gem
27-02-2012, 01:20 PM
You mean the same medics who also create disease at an rapid rate?

You mean virus and bacteria become resistant to drugs, I think. Like those 'superbugs', eg. golden staph

Xan
27-02-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm sure you'll find that doctors recognize the benefits of a positive attitude, healthy diet, physical therapies, relaxation already.

Realistically, some doctors recommend things like this but often they give you the minimal few minutes of diagnosis and prescription.

The people who have above average ways of living and solving health issues generally explore the options for themselves, which may include allopathic and non-allopathic approaches. The self-educated patient comes out best in the long run.

Xan

Gem
28-02-2012, 12:30 PM

Realistically, some doctors recommend things like this but often they give you the minimal few minutes of diagnosis and prescription.

The people who have above average ways of living and solving health issues generally explore the options for themselves, which may include allopathic and non-allopathic approaches. The self-educated patient comes out best in the long run.

Xan

I know people tend to push their own agendas, and would use an isolated incident to dress it up, so in the end a healing tool isn't a cure all, but a doctor can give you the drug that cures maleria, and if you want research that drug and be educated about it, fine... but you don't know as much as a doctor, and your doctor has healed far more people than you have.

Rin
28-02-2012, 02:35 PM
You mean virus and bacteria become resistant to drugs, I think. Like those 'superbugs', eg. golden staph
That is only one aspect of it. I am speaking of iatrogenic diseases, the suppression of valid health information if it contradicts current interests, etc. It goes far beyond overprescribing certain drugs. It is endemic to such an extent that we are not even aware of it anymore.

Seawolf
28-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Yes... Another approach I like is in Really traditional medicine when doctors worked to keep their people healthy, rather than waiting until things went wrong and trying to fix it. I read that, in the old way of Chinese medicine, if a person got sick they didn't have to pay.

Xan
That's a much better way of approaching health care imo. That's part of why I'm working all the time on myself. It's much easier to take care of things beforehand than trying to deal with it when it comes up later. I've also heard of spiritual healers that do all their work for the client before they see them.

Shabby
28-02-2012, 06:26 PM
That's a much better way of approaching health care imo. That's part of why I'm working all the time on myself. It's much easier to take care of things beforehand than trying to deal with it when it comes up later. I've also heard of spiritual healers that do all their work for the client before they see them.

I don't need to see a patient at all. What work do they do before hand and still have a need to see the patient?

That sounds fishy to me ; )

Seawolf
28-02-2012, 07:56 PM
I don't need to see a patient at all. What work do they do before hand and still have a need to see the patient?

That sounds fishy to me ; )
I don't know, I just heard about it. They start working on themselves in relation to the client when they get the appointment, because of how healing is really for the practitioner and not just the client. The healer is healing herself and the client is revealing what needs to be healed, so when it's healed in the healer, the client's problem goes away. I don't know much about it, that's just something I heard. I realize it's a different view of healing, it makes the healer out as the one that really needs the healing, which probably wouldn't be a very popular idea.

Gem
28-02-2012, 08:52 PM
That is only one aspect of it. I am speaking of iatrogenic diseases, the suppression of valid health information if it contradicts current interests, etc. It goes far beyond overprescribing certain drugs. It is endemic to such an extent that we are not even aware of it anymore.

I accept the medical profession has it's problems, that pharmaceuticals are over prescribed and many other things, but acknowledge medicine has the highest success rate in curing disease.

Now if we look at the Spiritual Healing industry, wow, what a mire of codswallop snake oil and charlotans, not that any statistics are available as to who was mistreated, misdiagnosed, psychologically damaged, lied to or given an inappropriate substance...

Shabby
28-02-2012, 09:03 PM
I don't know, I just heard about it. They start working on themselves in relation to the client when they get the appointment, because of how healing is really for the practitioner and not just the client. The healer is healing herself and the client is revealing what needs to be healed, so when it's healed in the healer, the client's problem goes away. I don't know much about it, that's just something I heard. I realize it's a different view of healing, it makes the healer out as the one that really needs the healing, which probably wouldn't be a very popular idea.

No actually that makes sense as that is how I experience healing too. It is however not an illness or disease I heal/counteract within my self but the belief in an illness or disease.

Seawolf
28-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Now if we look at the Spiritual Healing industry, wow, what a mire of codswallop snake oil and charlotans, not that any statistics are available as to who was mistreated, misdiagnosed, psychologically damaged, lied to or given an inappropriate substance...
Not all are like that though. It's not wise to throw the baby out with the bathwater. I used to feel like that about religion, but that's because my feelings were hurt by it. I was really into it for awhile, then it disappointing me. I used to swear up and down that my opinions on religion didn't have anything to do with me being hurt, but it was obvious to others by what I said. I was working through all those feelings of pain and disappointment.

Seawolf
28-02-2012, 09:18 PM
No actually that makes sense as that is how experience healing too. It is however not an illness or disease I heal within my self but the belief in an illness or disease.
Yes I think that's the basic idea. The illness is based on memory that can go back to past generations, the illness is the symptom. I also heard that you don't even need to know what the source is, just that it's 'something'.

Shabby
28-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Yes I think that's the basic idea. The illness is based on memory that can go back to past generations, the illness is the symptom. I also heard that you don't even need to know what the source is, just that it's 'something'.

Yes I personally don't need to know anything. I am always just dealing with the belief within my self. The way I offer it (for free : ) is to simply bring the problem to my attention. Some things I have a harder time to "swallow" and as it keeps coming up I have to address the belief over and over again. Some things are easier. I don't ask God for a healing nor do I believe I have any power to heal but I take the problem within myself and ask myself how do I feel about it....Do I believe it's true? It is hard because we are truly experiencing it and I have compassion with those that bring their problems to my attention but I have to stay strong and think "Get behind me Satan" "You have no power over me" "I will neither fear you nor resist you" talking of course to my self about the appearance of a problem.

Thanks for letting me share this as it helps me to realize what I actually do.

Xan
29-02-2012, 02:05 AM
...so in the end a healing tool isn't a cure all, but a doctor can give you the drug that cures maleria, and if you want research that drug and be educated about it, fine... but you don't know as much as a doctor, and your doctor has healed far more people than you have.

I don't hear anyone saying any one healing method is a cure all, Gem, but there are a wide variety of approaches now in the world that one may explore to find what works for them... when they're willing to think 'outside the box'.

Xan

7luminaries
29-02-2012, 02:54 AM

Xan

LOL...that is brilliant :smile:

You notice that when the focus in on acute intervention rather than on prevention, the incentive is always toward letting persons fall ill...

Plus it's lazier and less personal...you patch up parts, but you don't engage the person, their preferences or their lifestyles any more than is necessary to ideally just prescribe drugs.

(Yet another commodification of even among the most personal of our public relationships...the relationship with our healers & personal care providers)

peace & blessings,
7L

Xan
29-02-2012, 02:59 AM
Yes, modern medicine is often less 'conscious' ... and there's always the money motive of doctors and pharmaceutical companies.

Xan

7luminaries
29-02-2012, 03:13 AM
Along those lines,
I saw this amazing link on Native healing today.
The difference is a personal and engaged way with others
which bestows dignity and grace, regardless of outcome...

Here....
http://www.care2.com/greenliving/how-native-healers-work.html

Peace & blessings,
7L

Xan
29-02-2012, 03:44 AM
I like the article and the view of healing not as a separate function but as part of the life of the person, family, and community, including plants and animals.

Xan

Gem
29-02-2012, 07:56 AM
I don't hear anyone saying any one healing method is a cure all, Gem, but there are a wide variety of approaches now in the world that one may explore to find what works for them... when they're willing to think 'outside the box'.

Xan

the old 'outside the box' doesn't entail the deflation of the merit of medicine, which is often the most effective solution.

I notice furthur derisions of the science which heals so many people. 'Less Conscious', but one must recognize the feild of psychology which deals in 'Conscious' ailment very successfully.

All these 'alternative methods' seem to be sold under the derision of properly researched and trialed medicines and psychological methodology.

If one does look objectively they find that doctors and psychologists encourage such things as meditation, whole food diet, theraputic exersizes and other demonstrated holistic methodology ... and saying they are 'less conscious' and 'in the box' is really quite fallacious.

7luminaries
29-02-2012, 03:00 PM
I agree psychology is not as big a culprit as psychiatry, which tends to rely on drugs.

To the extent psychology focuses on therapy and self exploration, it can be a great help with the right therapist.

Also to the extent that allopathic doctors wisely promote the appropriate alternative approaches, they are to be commended.

A pediatric nurse midwife recommended the accupuncturist to me as an aside. No one else came forward over all those months. With nowhere else to turn, I followed her suggestion.

In fact, this should be standard therapy after many major surgeries where nerve damage may have occurred. There is no other proven treatment that is inexpensively and effectively available.

I like the Chinese approach...work with the system...low cost, low risk, low levels of systemic interference, and high levels of effectiveness.

Peace & blessings,
7L

LadyTerra
29-02-2012, 07:35 PM
the old 'outside the box' doesn't entail the deflation of the merit of medicine, which is often the most effective solution.

I notice furthur derisions of the science which heals so many people. 'Less Conscious', but one must recognize the feild of psychology which deals in 'Conscious' ailment very successfully.

All these 'alternative methods' seem to be sold under the derision of properly researched and trialed medicines and psychological methodology.

If one does look objectively they find that doctors and psychologists encourage such things as meditation, whole food diet, theraputic exersizes and other demonstrated holistic methodology ... and saying they are 'less conscious' and 'in the box' is really quite fallacious.

What we are discussing here is HolisticHealing--which should include Naturopathic and Allopathic techniques.

Medication should be used in certain instances to instigate and promote the healing process--then other Naturopathic methods (ie. a better diet, exercise, and stress reduction techniques) should be employed to support the healing process and help the body remember how to heal itself.

The problem is that Medications have side-effects and the fast pace at which we live and the demands that places on the body create a need to depend upon medications (like a crutch) to keep us going.

We should keep in mind that Pharmacology began with the Pharmacopia--which taught the healing properties and applications of natural ingredients.

Medicines (today) are merely chemical reproductions created in order to meet the needs of mass-production and have become a multi-million dollar industry--which is well out-of-reach of a vast majority of the world's population.

I have LUPUS (as does my Mother). She chose Allopathic medicine and has suffered many adverse effects from medications--which have forced her to undergo many surgeries and (eventually) lead to total debilitation.

I have chosen to rely mainly upon Holistic (Naturopathic) methods of healing--visiting traditional doctors (when necessary) and (after 31 years) I am still self-sufficient.

Some doctors are open to Holistic concepts and some are not. I think each individual must decide for themselves.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...

Gem
29-02-2012, 10:07 PM
What we are discussing here is HolisticHealing--which should include Naturopathic and Allopathic techniques.

Medication should be used in certain instances to instigate and promote the healing process--then other Naturopathic methods (ie. a better diet, exercise, and stress reduction techniques) should be employed to support the healing process and help the body remember how to heal itself.

The problem is that Medications have side-effects and the fast pace at which we live and the demands that places on the body create a need to depend upon medications (like a crutch) to keep us going.

We should keep in mind that Pharmacology began with the Pharmacopia--which taught the healing properties and applications of natural ingredients.

Medicines (today) are merely chemical reproductions created in order to meet the needs of mass-production and have become a multi-million dollar industry--which is well out-of-reach of a vast majority of the world's population.

I have LUPUS (as does my Mother). She chose Allopathic medicine and has suffered many adverse effects from medications--which have forced her to undergo many surgeries and (eventually) lead to total debilitation.

I have chosen to rely mainly upon Holistic (Naturopathic) methods of healing--visiting traditional doctors (when necessary) and (after 31 years) I am still self-sufficient.

Some doctors are open to Holistic concepts and some are not. I think each individual must decide for themselves.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...

The thing is, as much anyone wants to say negtive things about the medical profession, I can say as much about the snake oil and charlotans.

Penicillin cures infections...

I know strong drugs have nasty side effects and I'm not trying to say the feild of medicine is perfect, I'm just saying doctors heal people most effectively in most cases.

I've also gone on to say the doctors reccommend healthy diet exersize and low stress, recognize demonstrated holistic practices like acupuncture and meditation for example.

In your case you used medicine and other methods so had very good results, because no one healing tool can do it all.

Shabby
29-02-2012, 10:39 PM
The thing is, as much anyone wants to say negtive things about the medical profession, I can say as much about the snake oil and charlotans.

Penicillin cures infections...

I know strong drugs have nasty side effects and I'm not trying to say the feild of medicine is perfect, I'm just saying doctors heal people most effectively in most cases.

I've also gone on to say the doctors reccommend healthy diet exersize and low stress, recognize demonstrated holistic practices like acupuncture and meditation for example.

In your case you used medicine and other methods so had very good results, because no one healing tool can do it all.

I'm allergic to Penicillin...Hehehe...I just thought I'd throw that in there : )

I do rely on traditional medicine for my family and my self.I take an asprin if I have a headache...I don't make a fuss about it and if my kids are sick I take them to the doctor....but LOL If the Doctor told me that I or my family had something that medicine could not cure I would be looking into other methods. Other means than traditional give us hope and one should never be without hope.

Xan
01-03-2012, 03:06 AM
My brother is well informed about the variety of supplements and herbs he takes to maintain well being, but when he had seizure recently it was off to the hospital for an MRI and an effective drug. We go for whatever is appropriate at the time, eh?

Xan

Shabby
01-03-2012, 03:08 AM
My brother is well informed about the variety of supplements and herbs he takes to maintain well being, but when he had seizure recently it was off to the hospital for an MRI and an effective drug. We go for whatever is appropriate at the time, eh?

Xan

Yes I agree....what ever works....works : )

Gem
02-03-2012, 07:19 AM
I'm allergic to Penicillin...Hehehe...I just thought I'd throw that in there : )

I do rely on traditional medicine for my family and my self.I take an asprin if I have a headache...I don't make a fuss about it and if my kids are sick I take them to the doctor....but LOL If the Doctor told me that I or my family had something that medicine could not cure I would be looking into other methods. Other means than traditional give us hope and one should never be without hope.

Yeah and I've been saying over again that doctors generally recognize there are alternatives to medicine in many cases, and... I don't want people to forget the fact that doctors (including pychologists) have a higher success rate than self proclaimed fluff and bobbins healers.

LadyTerra
02-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Yeah and I've been saying over again that doctors generally recognize there are alternatives to medicine in many cases, and... I don't want people to forget the fact that doctors (including pychologists) have a higher success rate than self proclaimed fluff and bobbins healers.

I think it is important to state that I have been a SolitaryPractioner of my own Healing and Spiritual Path.

I take personal responsibility for what I do in every area of my life.

One should do their own research and choose the path that works best for them and avoid placing "BlindFaith" in anything--or anyone--for any reason.

Peace and Love on your path to TotalHealing (Body, Mind, and Soul)...

Blessed be...

Shabby
02-03-2012, 08:01 PM

Yes, you mentioned that LOL

Xan
03-03-2012, 01:36 AM
I ran across this pertinent article today:

Health is more than the absence of symptoms; it is the presence of robust vitality in the physical body, emotional freedom, mental clarity, and an inner connection to something sacred. We are multidimensional beings, and all these areas need to be in harmony for us to be truly healthy.

Millions of people each year now seek out complementary (holistic) therapies because they want all parts to be addressed in the healing process. These are nutritional or homeopathic therapies as well as body-centered therapies, such as chiropractic, massage, or craniosacral techniques.

Other complementary therapies involve energy-balancing techniques, such as acupuncture, Reiki, Polarity Therapy, and Qi Gong. What you are about to study in this book is an approach to healing that grew out of my 25-year practice as a chiropractic physician, but is now a completely separate and distinct therapeutic system. This work acknowledges the inner being and it uses a spiritual blueprint to organize and implement the healing process.

This is not a new idea. Eastern cultures have systems of healing and balance based on esoteric cosmologies. Yoga, T’ai Chi, Qi Gong, and meridian therapy (acupuncture) all view human beings as part of a greater cosmic system. Yoga is based on the concepts of Tantric Hinduism. T’ai Chi, Qi Gong, and meridian therapy are based on the theory of the Tao, including the five elements and the yin and yang. These systems, all of which seek to bring people into harmony with higher forces, are effective for maintaining and enhancing health, and, in many cases, for curing disease.

The Western approach to health, on the other hand, looks at health from all of its physical perspectives. Western science has excelled in biochemistry, physiology, biomechanics, and many areas of psychology. Yet, as tremendous as this knowledge is, and as much as it has improved the quality of life and increased our longevity, it is incomplete without the spiritual component. This is why the complementary health movement in the West has embraced many of the Eastern systems.

- Dr. Dale H. Schusterman in "Sign Language of the Soul: A Handbook for Healing"

Xan
03-03-2012, 01:52 AM
from the same source above:

Healing is more than a technique.
It is the transference of love, energy, and compassion,
along with knowledge and skill.

~ ~

Gem
03-03-2012, 02:52 AM
Yes, you mentioned that LOL

Ya, but until someone else says it, what I say is just conservative and shallow, but after a really nice person says it, it's more agreeable.

Now... I have to go see my doctor. (but I might drop in at the crystal healer on the way home) LoL

Sarian
03-03-2012, 03:16 AM
Ya, but until someone else says it, what I say is just conservative and shallow, but after a really nice person says it, it's more agreeable.

Now... I have to go see my doctor. (but I might drop in at the crystal healer on the way home) LoL
You made me choke on my pistachio nut.

haha

Mooninite06
21-04-2012, 11:17 AM
all healing is energy. good work!

gpGeminiMN
22-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Here are a few that I am just finding out about:
Pranic Healing-by Master Chao Kok Sui/ Biogenealogy by Patrick Obissier/ Magnetopathy as spoken of by Franz Bardon.

I am not an epert in any of these, but I am researching them after being introduced to them by my son. Check them out by doing a search.