PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this symbolism?

OnAPath
14-02-2012, 10:15 PM
A few days ago, I discovered a dead rabbit in the grass. My first thought was that likely a hawk's dinner got away. However, I find myself thinking about that rabbit, and I'm not getting the impression that a hawk got it. The hawks around here are friendly, to me, and I have been informed that it was not their meal.

Any ideas on their symbolism, or reason why it was me who found the expired fluffy critter?

I ask that you not jump straight to fertility, as I am expecting, and I know that my little one is just fine in the womb.

Thanks!!

JOHNTY
14-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Greetings,

Nope, haven't got a clue as to the symbolism of the dead rabbit. But god bless you and the little one within. :hug2:

JOHNTY

CatChild
15-02-2012, 03:10 AM
A few days ago, I discovered a dead rabbit in the grass. My first thought was that likely a hawk's dinner got away. However, I find myself thinking about that rabbit, and I'm not getting the impression that a hawk got it. The hawks around here are friendly, to me, and I have been informed that it was not their meal.

Any ideas on their symbolism, or reason why it was me who found the expired fluffy critter?

I ask that you not jump straight to fertility, as I am expecting, and I know that my little one is just fine in the womb.

Thanks!!

I think you had an immediate thought (answer) so then that is likely it. It might not make sense now, but may in the future. Pay attention to how events play out for you.

Take care,

~ C.

norseman
15-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Not everything is symbolic of deeper meanings. You found a dead rabbit. I find dozens on the moors ! Rabbits are prey animals for a lot more predators than hawks.

CaramelDancer
15-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Hi there,

I agree with Norseman.
Sometimes an animal is just an animal.

If you did feel it spoke to you though and want to delve more into Rabbit Medicine, there's much more to it than just fertility.
My friend does a good literature summary here:
http://spiritlodge.yuku.com/topic/981

Bless you and your little sweet heart!~

OnAPath
15-02-2012, 10:30 PM
The reason I thought it meant more is that out of all the critters I've seen in the area, I have never seen a rabbit. In the neighborhood, the woods nearby, etc. I actually spoke with someone about it, and they told me that it is about releasing my fears (the skittish, frightful bunny, always being cautious). The next morning I got a phone call I had been hoping to get.

Thank you everyone for your input! CaramelDancer, thank you for the link. Lots of info there!