PDA

View Full Version : Writing

Tanith
13-02-2012, 11:43 PM
I was looking for the thoughts and opinions of others around here who keep a grimoire of sorts-

Do you write yours in other languages or use a special script? For me, I am planning on copying my BoS in both English and French, but I was wondering if there was a script *other than Theban* that was fairly well known to witches?

Theban is cool and everything, but way too difficult to utilize consistently! I just like uniqueness in stuff like this, and as I want to make it fun and mysterious *wiggle fingers* for anyone who finds my BoS in a stuffy old attic years after I'm gone!!

Lol, joking aside, I take my BoS very seriously, but because I'm an oddity among common society, I enjoy playing it up :)

EbonyDoe
13-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Personally I keep mine on a flash drive because my handwriting is retched lol I use a font that mimics hand writing instead.

You could always use hieroglyphs, runes, or even make up your own letters

Tanith
14-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Runes might be simple enough.. hieroglyphs have the same problem the Theban does, too complicated to use consistently!

I really like "flowy" letters though :3 If I am not satisfied simply with two languages then perhaps I will do as you suggest and create my own..

Though with "cursive" being a dying art form I could probably use cursive and that would be ancient enough!! XD

Quintessence
14-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Too much work. I do have a code I use. I even developed a font for it to make it feasible to have a tome entirely in its script. However, I like my tome to be functional. While I can read my code, I cannot read it very quickly because of how it operates. The sections I write in that code are things I have no intention of ever sharing with any human. They are parts of my path that will remain forever private, but I myself want some sort of record of it.

Tanith
15-02-2012, 12:46 AM
Too much work. I do have a code I use. I even developed a font for it to make it feasible to have a tome entirely in its script. However, I like my tome to be functional.

Haha, as I said, I keep my French and English versions as the ones I use constantly. I wanted to copy a runic one just for the fun of it, of course with an alphabet and code included.

But as I would be doing it for no real reason (If I do it in runic at all) I would like a simple enough one to copy and write in, for obvious reasons.