PDA

View Full Version : Protected

nalan
13-02-2012, 02:41 AM
After I brought my son to school, and while I was on my way to work on a road I usually do not go, my car broke down.

Though the engine was still running, I lost power steering and power brakes. A horrible metal on metal sound surrounded me as I struggled to maneuver our minivan off the road and not into the big electric pole in front of me.

Turns out that the steering/shaft/column/whatever is busted.

This could have happened with my son in the car.

This could have happened on my normal route, which would have placed me on a very busy road...potentially causing an accident or more.

This could have happened while we were on the Interstate, traveling, whatever.

But it happened on a road rarely traveled because I felt a sudden urge to be on that road.

I am grateful that I and my family are watched over and protected. This could have been horrible in so many ways.

This experience reminds me that we all have a purpose(s), and that I matter. My son matters. My husband matters. I am grateful.

CatChild
13-02-2012, 06:32 AM
After I brought my son to school, and while I was on my way to work on a road I usually do not go, my car broke down.

Though the engine was still running, I lost power steering and power brakes. A horrible metal on metal sound surrounded me as I struggled to maneuver our minivan off the road and not into the big electric pole in front of me.

Turns out that the steering/shaft/column/whatever is busted.

This could have happened with my son in the car.

This could have happened on my normal route, which would have placed me on a very busy road...potentially causing an accident or more.

This could have happened while we were on the Interstate, traveling, whatever.

But it happened on a road rarely traveled because I felt a sudden urge to be on that road.

I am grateful that I and my family are watched over and protected. This could have been horrible in so many ways.

This experience reminds me that we all have a purpose(s), and that I matter. My son matters. My husband matters. I am grateful.

Thanks for writing this. It's great you saw the positive spin on something really unfortunate. I hope it's not too expensive to fix your minivan, and I hope you were not hurt at all.

Best of luck,

~ C.

Pearls
14-02-2012, 02:11 AM
love your outlook....

TheressaWilliams
17-02-2012, 09:26 PM
I'm so glad nobody was hurt!
I'm glad your instincts were able to keep you and your son safe!
Good luck with fixing your car!
Things happen in mysterious ways, I'm glad you are able to use perspective to keep positive!

sumitpandit
18-02-2012, 02:19 AM
Don't think a lot about what has not happened. These accidents remind us that this life is not forever and we must move toward the God as fast as possible.

Saspian
18-02-2012, 02:36 AM
Don't think a lot about what has not happened. These accidents remind us that this life is not forever and we must move toward the God as fast as possible.
Life is not a bowl of cherries; maybe we should look more to how we live, rather than pr- empt future lives too much. Welcome to the forum.:smile:

sumitpandit
02-08-2013, 01:50 AM
Hi Saspian,

Very well said. Thanks.

religion2god.in

Jezebel
03-08-2013, 08:03 PM
It sounds like you listened to your spirit guides, someone told you to go that way.