PDA

View Full Version : A natural remedy for acne/ stretch marks

dewe'igan
11-02-2012, 11:51 PM
Whats a A natural remedy for acne? clear up my face, and stretch marks.

Gracey
12-02-2012, 12:13 AM
honey is great for acne. do some research on it. i just read it is good for scars too.

Silver
12-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Aside from laser treatments, there's coconut oil, aloe vera, tea tree oil among others.

amy green
13-02-2012, 11:02 PM
For stretch marks - have read on many occasions that Vitamin E is beneficial for this, e.g. opening up a Vit E capsule and rubbing it in.

Chrysaetos
13-02-2012, 11:05 PM
ALL remedies are natural.

To prevent it in the future one should try to go without certain foods (examples: chocolate, dairy) for a while to see if there is a change.

To cure it now my best piece of advice is to go outside and catch some sunlight.

in progress
14-02-2012, 12:19 AM
http://freshandagelessblog.com/2011/02/16/its-proven-sugar-and-diary-cause-acne/

jamescharls123
23-02-2012, 06:12 AM
"Here are some important tips to get rid from acne
1. Drink at least 8 liter water daily
2. Take healthy diet
3. Avoid alcohol and smoking
4. Wash your hands regularly
5. You can also use some natural remedies like Aloe Vera, Jojoba oil and Oatmeal.

Gem
23-02-2012, 07:11 AM
"Here are some important tips to get rid from acne
1. Drink at least 8 liter water daily

8 litres????????

Lodewijkp
28-02-2012, 07:54 PM
eliminate caffeine from you diet
apply : liquorice, hibiscus flower, green tea extract, ginger, honey, jojoba oil, rosemary, laurel ( bay laurel ).

mentha pulergium and spearmint also works

liquorice is supported by scientific studies but you probably need fresh liquorice. my own favorite is ginger, green tea and jasmin or osmanthus flower.

reduce carbohydrate intake ( fast sugars , candy , banana etc ), and try to test yourself for allergies.. don't eat gluten or lactose for a week or 2

Newfreedom9
09-03-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm interested in this as well seeing as I am conquering both stretch marks and acne! One thing... I don't know how long it's been since you've given birth, but stretch marks do fade to a slight silvery color with time.

What I'm trying right now for acne, is scrubbing with baking soda moistened with lemon (from a fresh lemon). Let it sit about 10 minutes, then rinse. I also made a toner with lemon juice, witch hazel and water, and I apply that afterward. I'll have to let you know how that goes. Then touch up my spots with aloe (from the plant.) I also noticed a huge decrease in body acne when I started taking Cod liver oil. Not sure it that's a coincidence or not.

Oh and my face was super dry when I stopped using proactiv at the beginning of this week. So I used organic coconut oil to moisturize over night and it worked great. I only had to do it once and my face stopped pealing.

SoulOfNaa
23-03-2012, 06:14 AM
This helped me

1) don't sleep on the same pillow case side more than one time - turn it over then change it.

2) I use African Black soap. All natural and Smells great, you can get it on Amazon and its not expensive. But if you use it, do not use any of those Acid things to clear skin, this has natural ingredients that do that. So at 1st you have to get used to it like those other acids. Read the comments on Amazon, it fades stuff and clears pores.

3) For moisturizing, and you need it after that soap, I use Argan oil. Google it. Amazon and Swanson Vitamins have the best prices for that. It lasts a while, cause you only use drops of it. You can add it to another favorite moisturizer, but I ended up cutting all of those out. If I have a scar to fade, I may melt some 100% cocoa butter and put on at night.

4) I add a few sprays of silver to my oil to kill any bacteria. I use Silver Biotics.

My face is now happy.

I used to use Kiss My Face C's moisturizer that I loved, cause it can help a blemish heal fast, due to the vitamin C, but when I sneak it in, I break out. So I keep it all natural now. Only the above #2-4 and 100% shea butter or raw coconut oil on my face.

And don't forget the pillow. When I get lazy, I get little bumps. Your face is sleeping where your dirty hair has been. So change that case, if nothing else.

Hope this helps

~Soul of Naa

SoulOfNaa
23-03-2012, 06:16 AM
I forgot.... when I need to exfoliate, I use baking soda. Can't better or cheaper than that. But not too often, cause it really exfoliates.

Newfreedom9
25-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Thanks so much! I ordered some African Black soap. I'd been using baking soda every day but that was probably too much exfoliating.

Buzz
26-03-2012, 02:14 AM
8 litres????????

I'm thinking 8 glasses otherwise you would be too scared to venture too far from the loo :D

Xan
26-03-2012, 03:49 AM
I starting making a mixture of virgin coconut oil and 98% aloe vera gel to use on my skin and was surprised to notice that over time old scars were fading away. About 1/3 oil to 2/3 gel is good.

Xan

Racer X
27-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Eliminate cane sugar..... clogs the pours~

Eliminate oils/fats which clog pours, all processed foods~

Eliminate make-up and get a slow and natural tan instead.....it looks better, creates loads of vit D and is overall great for the health~

Sulfur Soap~

Healthy diet, no fast food, no fried foods ~ loads of organic fruits and veggies~

hawkreborn
12-04-2012, 03:33 AM
I had bad acne, turns out it was from a zinc/magnesium deficiency.
I took 25 mg of zinc along with 50 mg of magnesium daily. Cleared it up within a week. Now I only do take them when I feel like it.

SoulOfNaa
17-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Did you like the soap?

Newfreedom9
18-04-2012, 04:58 AM
Yes I like it, but I think I finally figured out my problem. I'm gluten intolerent (which is a common cause of adult acne. According to my research if your body can't absorb gluten it leaks into the blood stream and then the blood stream gets rid of it through the skin, this causes inflammation=acne.) So I'm giving up gluten, and taking some probionics, then I'm going to take a natural blood purifier and hopefully that will finally do the trick.