PDA

View Full Version : Did the Source release us in order for us to try to return as quickly as possible?

Bluegreen
11-02-2012, 02:08 PM
When reading posts on SF, I can't help but feeling, whether correct or not, that everyone wants to merge with the Source as quickly as possible.

It makes me wonder whether that is the purpose of life in general and our lives in particular. I am not denying that ultimately it will happen to all life.

Isn't the purpose of life to experience and learn all that can be experienced and learned on all levels whether here or beyond?

Sundialed
11-02-2012, 02:11 PM
When reading posts on SF, I can't help but feeling, whether correct or not, that everyone wants to merge with the Source as quickly as possible.

It makes me wonder whether that is the purpose of life in general and our lives in particular. I am not denying that ultimately it will happen to all life.

Isn't the purpose of life to experience and learn all that can be experienced and learned on all levels whether here or beyond?

We are already merged with the Source. Otherwise, I just take it one day at a time.

Sarian
11-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Are you talking about people wanting to kill themselves lately? I seem to get that a lot and I often feel the desire to be done with this life (for me I often wish I didn't return)..lol I'm probably missing others wanting to return to this source to start over...but that said, this morning, I was thinking about my life and things about my life...and should I return again, had I learned any lessons??? Was I doomed again to repeat with same issues and would I get past them the next finally? So in that line of thinking, I agree with your last sentence, that the purpose of life is to eperience and learn allt hat we can experience.

I am almost constantly thinking about change. Good change of course, experiences...I've had my share of bad and I think all in all, I've rebounded back from them and learned things from them.

I woke up this morning and can say I felt a joy that I had actually recognized something in myself and changed it... Even gave a big sigh of relief that hopefully, I wouldn't have to repeat that next time around...it was really an incredible feeling to realize I had overcome something and to recognize on a deeper (or higher?) level, it's done. No more of that. :-)

Bluegreen
13-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Are you talking about people wanting to kill themselves lately? I seem to get that a lot and I often feel the desire to be done with this life (for me I often wish I didn't return)..lol I'm probably missing others wanting to return to this source to start over...but that said, this morning, I was thinking about my life and things about my life...and should I return again, had I learned any lessons??? Was I doomed again to repeat with same issues and would I get past them the next finally? So in that line of thinking, I agree with your last sentence, that the purpose of life is to eperience and learn allt hat we can experience.

Seth (Jane Roberts) about karma: The basic idea of karma is not punishment. Karma presents the opportunity for development; to make use of opportunities that were not taken advantage of, to fill in gaps of ignorance, to enlarge understanding through experience, to do what should be done. Free choice is always involved. The purpose is always knowledge and developments, rather than punishment, self-punishment.

I am almost constantly thinking about change. Good change of course, experiences...I've had my share of bad and I think all in all, I've rebounded back from them and learned things from them.

I woke up this morning and can say I felt a joy that I had actually recognized something in myself and changed it... Even gave a big sigh of relief that hopefully, I wouldn't have to repeat that next time around...it was really an incredible feeling to realize I had overcome something and to recognize on a deeper (or higher?) level, it's done. No more of that. :-)

Personally I believe that when we feel joy it is a sign that we are doing things right.

I am not talking about people wanting to kill themselves.
What I mean is that I have the impression that many people here on SF want to return to the Source, become part of it in order never to leave again. I may be wrong so I posed the question.

More Seth:

"Your spirit joined itself with flesh, and in flesh, to experience a world of incredible richness, to help create a dimension of reality of colors and of form. Your spirit was born in flesh to enrich a marvellous area of sense awareness, to feel energy made into corporeal form. You are here to use, enjoy, and express yourself through the body.

"You are here to aid in the great expansion of consciousness. You are not here to cry about the miseries of the human condition, but to change them when you find them not to your liking through the joy, strength and vitality that is within you; to create the spirit as faithfully and as beautifully as you can in flesh."

Perfect Storm
13-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Here to merge with 'the source' or here to live. No one knows. All we can do is guess. I think here to live is easier..as we are already here!

Maybe we are here as a galactic joke. Put then in the maze and see what they do. No one knows.

athribiristan
13-02-2012, 01:55 PM

In my eperience, when consciousness first arose its first act was to ask a question: "who am I?". I believe that each of us are an iteration of that question. So our purpose is to answer it as best we are able. We live so that Source can experience and know itself. When we have our answer we will go back to Source.

Shabby
13-02-2012, 02:05 PM

I don't see everyone wanting to merge with source in my life....here on the forum it's different maybe because it is a forum where people are on a spiritual path to merge with source.....

I don't believe that the purpose of life is to experience and learn all that can be experienced.....I don't believe we are here on purpose....nor by mistake...it just is. There is no judgment on experiencing and learning...it is what ever serves you.

Squatchit
13-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Did the Source release us in order for us to try to return as quickly as possible?
Yep. The last one back is the Loser and gets the job of washing all the pots after the grand reunion feast.

Miss Hepburn
13-02-2012, 03:48 PM
No, Time is Foreplay.

(I really mean that - it was a realization that made my eyes pop
open in meditation around 1973. I was stunned.
It was 'given' to my mind.)

Miss Hepburn
13-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Yep. The last one back is the Loser and gets the job of washing all the pots after the grand reunion feast.
Ah, I see you underdstand the concept of the first shall be last and the last first,
to serve.
I'm so proud of you, sis.
:wink:

Shabby
13-02-2012, 03:51 PM
No, Time is Foreplay.

(I really mean that - it was a realization that made my eyes pop
open in meditation around 1973. I was stunned.
It was 'given' to my mind.)

Hey Miss Hepburn...what do you mean with Time is Foreplay? What was it that you realized?

Miss Hepburn
13-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Hey Miss Hepburn...what do you mean with Time is Foreplay? What was it that you realized?
God is enjoying the process...immensely...:love9:.... every nanosecond of
the Divine Romance, The Dance.
E-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g about it as He draws us to Him.
Closer and closer, hand over hand like bringing in a row boat - gently,
easy, slowly and surely....
:notworthy:

Shabby
13-02-2012, 03:59 PM
God is enjoying the process...immensely...:love9:.... every nanosecond of
the Divine Romance, The Dance.
E-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g about it as He draws us to Him.
Closer and closer, hand over hand like bringing in a row boat - gently,
easy, slowly and surely....
:notworthy:

Ohh I get it. Do you really think God knows anything about the process? Or there being a process?

Miss Hepburn
13-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Ohh I get it. Do you really think God knows anything about the process?
Or there being a process?

LOL, :) "He" knows everything - every thought in your pretty little head.
Do you not, just curious...
I believe Psalm 139* with my whole being, bec I have experienced much of it, so a better word would be "know".
But, I don't ask anyone else to believe as I do.

*Psalm 139 (David is speaking)

1 You have searched me, LORD,
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you, LORD, know it completely.
5 You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you. 13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%20139&version=NIV#fen-NIV-16257a)] God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand—
when I awake, I am still with you.

Bluegreen
13-02-2012, 05:06 PM

I don't believe that the purpose of life is to experience and learn all that can be experienced.....I don't believe we are here on purpose....nor by mistake...it just is. There is no judgment on experiencing and learning...it is what ever serves you.

What you are saying is in direct contradiction with all the sources treating of the subject that I have read. And to me it does not make sense but who am I. Judgement?

Shabby
13-02-2012, 05:10 PM
LOL, :) "He" knows everything - every thought in your pretty little head.
Do you not, just curious...
I believe Psalm 139* with my whole being, bec I have experienced much of it, so a better word would be "know".
But, I don't ask anyone else to believe as I do.

*Psalm 139 (David is speaking)

1 You have searched me, LORD,
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you, LORD, know it completely.
5 You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you. 13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%20139&version=NIV#fen-NIV-16257a)] God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand—
when I awake, I am still with you.

Thank you. This reminds me of the book The impersonal Life.

Shabby
13-02-2012, 05:12 PM
What you are saying is in direct contradiction with all the sources treating of the subject that I have read. And to me it does not make sense but who am I. Judgement?

Yes...it does seem that everyone is getting but me...hehe.

Bluegreen
13-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Yes...it does seem that everyone is getting but me...hehe.
Oh dear, you must feel so lonely. :D

Shabby
13-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Oh dear, you must feel so lonely. :D

Yes, it's a bit lonely down here : (