PDA

View Full Version : Temptation.

I AM
08-02-2012, 03:33 PM
It seems that as I start to awaken more and more, temptation becomes a regular part of my day.

I don't think there is anything new happening around me but rather I can see how the things of this earth are getting in my way, things that never seemed to bother me before, at least not enough that I really cared about them.

Lately every where I turn there are people giving me free drugs, there is alcohol, video games, TV, food, laziness, money, on and on it goes..............

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against any of these things and this has nothing to do with moral values but Wow.... how do you hold your focus?

I feel like every thing I enjoyed about my old way of life comes so easy now.......funny, it didn't seem so easy then.

Its like, as I turned the corner of awakening some one took all the things I used to love about being alive and spread them all across the sidewalk for me to trip over.

I feel like this is a test; do I want what I have always had or do I really want to move forward?

The answer is obvious but the question is being clearly asked.

Thoughts?...........

Advice?...............

Quagmire
08-02-2012, 03:39 PM
do I really want to move forward?

Just to get some more information how do you visualize this forward you are talking about? what is your goal if you take that path?

Sarian
08-02-2012, 03:41 PM
I have no advice. Wish I did. all I know for me, is that the more I try to better myself, or change, all hell seems to break loose and every obstacle, seems to fall in front of me like that one in a million chance of a meteor hitting.

I AM
08-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Just to get some more information how do you visualize this forward you are talking about? what is your goal if you take that path?

To stay awake 24/7, never turn away from what I am and too create what I am in the moment as I would wish to be, whatever that might be at that moment.

Quagmire
08-02-2012, 03:47 PM
I have no advice. Wish I did. all I know for me, is that the more I try to better myself, or change, all hell seems to break loose and every obstacle, seems to fall in front of me like that one in a million chance of a meteor hitting.

I have this saying about myself: You cannot change me with force, only push me away. So I have learned that patience is a wise path to take and when I am ready I will move forward, not a moment earlier.

Sarian
08-02-2012, 03:48 PM
How do you stay awake 24/7?

I AM
08-02-2012, 03:55 PM
How do you stay awake 24/7?

Thats what I am trying to figure out.

BlueSky
08-02-2012, 03:57 PM
do I want what I have always had or do I really want to move forward? Iam

Maybe a different approach is to ask yourself 'what do I want'?

Lately life is asking me that and at the same time showing me that it is asking because what I 'really' want is in-line with what life wants for me and all of life as well. In fact it is moving mountains to show me this.
The funny thing is I am not so sure I am being presented with a choice so much as opposed to being shown what is best is also what I feel I want.
I don't know if that helps.............

(Moving forward is too general. Moving forward to what?) Maybe that will help..

James

I AM
08-02-2012, 04:00 PM
I have this saying about myself: You cannot change me with force, only push me away. So I have learned that patience is a wise path to take and when I am ready I will move forward, not a moment earlier.

Yes, the question being asked is (am I truly ready)?

BlueSky
08-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Ready for what...........?

The answer is that we are always being made ready because there is nothing to claim...no end.........no prize......

It's the 'being ready' that is the prize.......

James

Quagmire
08-02-2012, 04:07 PM
(am I truly ready)?

and only you can answer that. But you can still ask advice on what path would be most wise to choose :wink:

Quagmire
08-02-2012, 04:22 PM
To stay awake 24/7, never turn away from what I am and too create what I am in the moment as I would wish to be, whatever that might be at that moment.

I actually have the same goal... look within and ask your guides how to accomplish it, they will know what path you should take better than we will, I think.

Shabby
08-02-2012, 04:23 PM
The question am I ready seems to me to be also the answer just switch it around to I am ready and so it be : )

I AM
08-02-2012, 04:28 PM
(Moving forward is too general. Moving forward to what?)
James

Approximately 4.2% of the time I am awake, then something comes along and steals away my focus .............

I know what some of the worst culprits are and they hold on very tight. Or should I say, I hold on to them very tightly.

BlueSky
08-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Approximately 4.2% of the time I am awake, then something comes along and steals away my focus .............

I know what some of the worst culprits are and they hold on very tight. Or should I say, I hold on to them very tightly.

Quick story........

A buddhist monk lived in a cave and enjoyed his peaceful existence until one day he found the cave filled with his demons.
He tried everything to get rid of them. Nothing worked so one day he turned to them and said "I am not going anywhere and it seems neither are you so I guess we are going to have to exist together"

They left immediately...........

What you resist...persists.

Give it space to be............in this case that which steals away your focus, and let the spaciousness of that space absorb it.

James

Royalite
08-02-2012, 05:37 PM
It seems that as I start to awaken more and more, temptation becomes a regular part of my day.

I don't think there is anything new happening around me but rather I can see how the things of this earth are getting in my way, things that never seemed to bother me before, at least not enough that I really cared about them.

Lately every where I turn there are people giving me free drugs, there is alcohol, video games, TV, food, laziness, money, on and on it goes..............

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against any of these things and this has nothing to do with moral values but Wow.... how do you hold your focus?

I feel like every thing I enjoyed about my old way of life comes so easy now.......funny, it didn't seem so easy then.

Its like, as I turned the corner of awakening some one took all the things I used to love about being alive and spread them all across the sidewalk for me to trip over.

I feel like this is a test; do I want what I have always had or do I really want to move forward?

Thoughts?...........

Advice?...............

if you have truly moved beyond something, it no longer becomes a temptation.

*nods* yeah it seemed harder to get back then because you felt like you needed it and wasn't satisfied with the amount of it you had...but you know that.

I don't want to tell you indulge in it or to run from it. But if you've truly moved past something, it will no longer be a temptation as the cords will have been uprooted. Do you have any fear of returning to this life because if you do, then it could be the fear itself making you incrediby conscious of your old way of life.

athribiristan
08-02-2012, 06:03 PM

Thoughts?...........

Advice?...............

Great post... the same has been true for me. In fact I just had a car stolen a couple days ago. On piece of advice is to make it ok to occasionally give in to those temptations. Its ok to take a break once in a while. I rarely drink but occasionally I will go out with some friends and tie one on. I almost never watch TV but once in a while I do see a show that looks interesting. The better you understand yourself and your goals the easier it is to stay steady and resist these temptations. Just understand that you are making a choice in each moment to either pursue what you desire or to sit down and go nowhere, and make it ok to sit down once in a while.

I AM
08-02-2012, 06:13 PM
if you have truly moved beyond something, it no longer becomes a temptation.

Ya, I can see that.....wow, I will have to contemplate this.

*nods* yeah it seemed harder to get back then because you felt like you needed it and wasn't satisfied with the amount of it you had...but you know that.

I don't want to tell you indulge in it or to run from it. But if you've truly moved past something, it will no longer be a temptation as the cords will have been uprooted. Do you have any fear of returning to this life because if you do, then it could be the fear itself making you incredibly conscious of your old way of life.

No fear, its just that as I move forward some things that used to be a normal part of my life are now getting in the way.

I AM
08-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Just understand that you are making a choice in each moment to either pursue what you desire or to sit down and go nowhere,

Your right.......

and make it ok to sit down once in a while.

ps, sorry to hear about your car.

athribiristan
09-02-2012, 02:28 AM
ps, sorry to hear about your car.

Meh...I will have another car tomorrow. I do not judge it as a 'bad' thing. This is the secret to surviving life's challenges with your sanity intact.

I AM
09-02-2012, 03:29 AM
Thank you everybody who posted here, I needed a pick me up this morning and you guys gave me one.

Love and Joy.........