PDA

View Full Version : Color candles

Cherrypie
07-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Hi,

Does it matter if you do candle magic with a color candle that is white on the inside ? I heard that when doing a ritual it's very important that you use candles that are fully colored.

x
Cherry

Quintessence
07-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Depends completely on your metaphysical assumptions/beliefs. Do YOU think it would be important? If so, what leads you to this conclusion?

I, personally, would find it irrelevant in most cases.

Verunia
07-02-2012, 05:43 PM
I agree with Quintessence. A lot of people look at tradition as being more powerful and that's why it works for them. But, you could really use anything that you find meaningful. Just as long as it's powerful to you.

I believe it is said that colored candles are very important because people starting out don't always have a grasp of the importance of the symbolism. For example, athames and chalices are common altar tools but one could effectively use a stick and a few of their favorite knick knacks or something.

earthprowler
07-02-2012, 05:54 PM
no it's perfectly fine to do so. you can substitute a white candle any time for any other color.

it's all in the intent.

Cherrypie
08-02-2012, 07:50 AM
Thanks for your reply everyone,

I do prefer fully colored candles but now I know that it doesn't really matter I think I can also use the ones that are white inside as well.

xx
Cherry