PDA

View Full Version : Where should I start?

Curiosity672
05-02-2012, 05:10 PM
I have a very good feeling about starting to learn more about Wicca. Where should I start? Any good book recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.

onlyme2
05-02-2012, 05:17 PM
wiccan bible its long but a must

Lostgirl
05-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Scott Cunningham is great. Its a practical guide and i found it great!

ThoughtOnFire
05-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Start with Nature. Go for a walk in a forest. Meditate in the Sunlight. Listen to the Birds Sing. Open your Heart to Mother Earth.

norseman
05-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Learn by doing, by living the life. Book learning is of less value in wicca . Don't get "trapped" by meaningless rituals.

This was my guide from a while back
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7533

damagedolly
25-02-2012, 07:16 PM
i am starting with the book "drawing down the moon." it was a lot more than i bargained for. i'm using it as an encyclopedia basically. once i finish touching all the points i want in the index i plan on ordering a small home craft/practice book for mini spells and charms, kind of get the hang of ritual. i've tried 2 ritualistic things recently, and i'm very unorganized. not sure how that affects the power of the energy you're projecting, as it seems to naturally distract you from what you're doing.

ArianHawk
25-02-2012, 08:46 PM
I have a very good feeling about starting to learn more about Wicca. Where should I start? Any good book recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Start by learning basics. Or thinking.
What do you need to know? What do you WANT to know?
Heres my list to learn, in topics. (In no particular order)
Moon phases
Sabbats
Your own zodiac
Herbs
Animals
Deities (Gods and Goddesses)
What Wicca IS.
History of Wicca
Meditation, yoga, something to calm you down?
Wiccan Rede

I have started a tumblr full of things such as a simple online version of a Book of Shadows.
If you're interested, its arianhawk-bos .tumblr .com :)
If not, its fine! I'm adding little bits as we go and i'm writing them all out myself. But I just wrote a little post on Ostara, the next sabbat which is coming up. So things are in order like that :)

Blessings,

Arian Hawk

)O(