PDA

View Full Version : How I met my Guide, Lightning Tree

psychic sue
01-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Someone wanted to hear this story, but I thought I'd post it here in case it helps someone else get in contact with their Guide - and also because it proves that if you ask, they will give you information.

I first sat in circle when I was about 25/26. To be honest I was a bit scared! I had been going to church since I was about 15 and the medium was always telling me that I could get in touch with spirit and maybe even work as a medium one day - anyway, my friends at church ran a closed circle, and they asked me if I wanted to join - I felt honoured and also curious - so I went along. I was so scared that my friend held my hand! I don't know what I was expecting - floating heads and full-blown ghosts??!! If only!

Anyway, we all sat meditating, and suddenly I became aware of a song running through my mind - The Lightning Tree. As I sat, I felt like I was walking through a forest. I came to a clearing and saw a HUGE totem pole - it looked like it was carved from a tree. At the top of the pole was an Eagle's head.

After the meditation, the medium told me that my Gatekeeper had been there - I told her what I had experienced and she said he was re-assuring me, protecting me, sort of saying "don't be scared". I felt his name was "Lightning Tree" - at least the name I was to know him by.

I didn't progress much further in this circle, as I had my kids soon after. I did seem to experience clairsentience, but I never really saw anything, apart from one time, we all saw some pink orbs in the corner of the room. I also used to scry using a mirror and candles - every time I did it I saw a strange face - the eyes looked oriental or mongolian, but the bottom half of the face was black - I couldn't work it out.

The years rolled by and my kids grew up - I maintained a link with spirit, although I didn't sit in circle. I read tarot cards on a regular basis, and always had clear lucid dreams.

About a year or so ago, I once again felt spirit pullng me back - and now I had much more time to spend on my development.

On November the 5th last year, I went to bed one night and was reading. I found I couldn't focus on the page at all - I had "blobs" in front of my eyes, like sun-spots. As I looked around the room I saw my cat - and I could clearly see his aura in all it's glory - oranges, pinks, purples all swirled around him. He came and sat by me (like he could sense something too) and as I looked at my arm where it touched the cat, our auras mingled. It was amazing.

I began to panic though - my first thought was "I am having a brain bleed!" - then I slowly realised it could be spiritual. Still panicking, I said to my Guide "if this is spiritual, please take it off" - and it stopped, just like that.

Freaked out a little, I decided to go to the church again - where I began to sit in circle. I found if I concentrated, I could see auras - not as vividly as the first time, but I could make out colours. I also began to see spirit at around this time.

One night, I went to bed, and I was thinking "OK Lightning Tree, I know who you are, but I know nothing about you - can you tell me some information please?". I waited, but heard and saw nothing, so I went to sleep.

I woke in the middle of the night and heard a man's voice whisper "Ketchikan" - I quickly scribbled it down so I wouldn't forget it, but I must admit, it sounded like a nonesense word to me.

I googled it the next day, thinking "may as well have a look" - and I nearly fell off my chair. Ketchikan is in Alaska and is the Totem Pole capital of the world. The poles are huge - and carved out of cedar trees.

I looked at some images of the poles - and there was the Eagle one I had seen all those years ago - in fact, the native people live in clans, one of which was the Eagle clan - which my Guide must have belonged to!

I also looked at some pictures taken in the early 20th Century - when the natives held a celebration they painted the bottom of their faces with black ash - and they have Asian/Mogolian features. It was all a bit too much for me! I could barely believe it!

It also explained why I never saw tepees or head-dresses with Lightning Tree - he was that type of Native American!

Anyhow, that's how he showed me who he was - with one, nonesense sounding word. I am still amazed at this!

I also found out alot about another Guide of mine, Neva, but I'll save that for another time!

Love and Blessings

Sue x

silver swan
01-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Wow, thanks for sharing that Sue. I ,for one, would love to hear more. It is great to hear other peoples experiences. What a lovely way to get to know your guide!

Enlightener
07-03-2006, 08:24 AM
Can I just ask you what is a guide...what do they do, it all sounds a bit random to me.

Thanks,

Enlightener

psychic sue
07-03-2006, 09:47 AM
Depends what they Guide you on. The Guide I mentioned above is my door-keeper, a kind of spiritual bouncer, who stands on the door and keeps the nasties at bay!

I don't blame you one bit for being sceptical - it sounds nuts I know. All I can tell you is, I have experienced much more than the story above and I truly believe.

Blessings,

Sue x

silver swan
07-03-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi again Sue.
I was able to see the face of my guide at the transfiguration I went to on Saturday. It was a strange experience, I felt as if I had always known deep down what he looked like. I know it sounds strange but thats how I feel. x

psychic sue
08-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Wow I bet that was a great experience! Was it emotional for you?

Enlightener
12-03-2006, 06:36 AM
I'm not sceptical, I just want to know what guides are for. I don't understand why you need them.

silver swan
12-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Hi Enlightener. Your guides (EVERYONE HAS THEM) are there to help you yo connect with spirit and your higher self. They wait in the background usually, but will respond if you ask..................x

Kat
03-04-2006, 09:02 AM
What an amazing experience Sue. I'm curious as to who my guides are and you've inspired me with your story to actually ask them for information when I do a meditation next... which may just be a while but I'll do it. Thank you for sharing!

Hi again Sue.
I was able to see the face of my guide at the transfiguration
I don't think I've actually heard of transfiguration before. What is it please? Thanks! :D

:cat:

psychic sue
09-04-2006, 09:19 AM
It's when a spirit person overshadows a medium - their features change shape - sounds way more scary than it actually is!

Glad I inspired you - that why I posted it!

Love and Blessings,

Sue x

kundalini
26-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Hi, I noticed this was posted some time ago psychic sue but I just wanted to say it sounds like you had an amazing experience. A great story!

Kundalini.

rose
27-10-2006, 10:30 AM
wow...that is an amazing experience! thanks kundalini for bringing this forward again :)

bec83
23-11-2006, 01:42 PM
Is it possible that my mother who passed 8 years ago is my guide? Or do we have the same one since birth?

kundalini
23-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Is it possible that my mother who passed 8 years ago is my guide? Or do we have the same one since birth?

Hi bec83, we do not always have the same spirit guide that we had at birth. Sometimes these spirit guides 'fade into the backround' and other spirit guides who possess special skills or talents appropriate to our life situation at that moment will then step forward and help us.

I have heard it said somewhere that former relatives can guide you so yes, it is possible that your mother now acts as your guide.

This is just my opinion but I hope it helps you.

Kundalini.

bec83
25-11-2006, 01:20 PM
Thanks I like to think she helps me out every now and then :)

spiritualmonkey
07-12-2006, 04:30 PM
Hi there everyone...

I love that word...everyone....it implies that we are all one... which we are...

~Anyway...

I was wondering what technique's people have found most progressive when contacting their guide for the first time.

My understanding is that most people seem to be really lucky in the fact that their first experience with their guide seems to be one of spontaneity, that their guide kind of just appeared or somehow made the first bridge...

I would love for this to happen for myself but unfortunately if my guide knows me as well as i'd expect them too then they'll probably wait for me to make the first effort ( i can be somewhat lazy, and they will probably want me to make the first move as it were..).

Is meditation the simplest way?

Any help would be muchly appreciated....

Thanks for your time...

Love to all.....

SM x

kundalini
07-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Hi SM, I first contacted my guardian angel/spirit guide by using the following technique:

1. Sit down somewhere comfortable, in a meditative position and for a few moments think loving thoughts about people you know. This is because it is said that when a person is feeling negative/angry/sad etc., it darkens the aura and makes it harder for angels to communicate with us.

2. Then breathe in and out deeply and slowly. As you do this, visualise that you are breathing out golden yellow light and that this is filling up your aura. When you have visualised that your aura is now completely full up with golden light, ask for your guardian angel/spirit guide's name.

3. Now when I did this, I received a name in my head. It is important that you trust your FIRST impression. I did so and now always refer to my guardian angel by the name I was given.

4. Also, remember to thank your angel after doing this. You could then ask your angel to send you a sign of her/his presence. I can tell you that when I first did this, I felt a sensation on my cheek and later, waves of energy running down my back. Again, remember to thank your angel.

I hope that this helps you, Kundalini.

spiritualmonkey
07-12-2006, 05:14 PM
Thanks Kundalini...

I shall try your technique...

I have read various material from the likes of Monroe and Heathcote-james and so on.

I do however have a slight fear of the unknown as most of us do, but i'm sure the initial exercise with love sending will help to quell those fears.

Once again thankyou for you kind advice and i look forward to trying your
tested means...

:hug3:

x

tlcmel
14-12-2006, 12:15 AM
Someone wanted to hear this story, but I thought I'd post it here in case it helps someone else get in contact with their Guide - and also because it proves that if you ask, they will give you information.

I first sat in circle when I was about 25/26. To be honest I was a bit scared! I had been going to church since I was about 15 and the medium was always telling me that I could get in touch with spirit and maybe even work as a medium one day - anyway, my friends at church ran a closed circle, and they asked me if I wanted to join - I felt honoured and also curious - so I went along. I was so scared that my friend held my hand! I don't know what I was expecting - floating heads and full-blown ghosts??!! If only!

Anyway, we all sat meditating, and suddenly I became aware of a song running through my mind - The Lightning Tree. As I sat, I felt like I was walking through a forest. I came to a clearing and saw a HUGE totem pole - it looked like it was carved from a tree. At the top of the pole was an Eagle's head.

After the meditation, the medium told me that my Gatekeeper had been there - I told her what I had experienced and she said he was re-assuring me, protecting me, sort of saying "don't be scared". I felt his name was "Lightning Tree" - at least the name I was to know him by.

I didn't progress much further in this circle, as I had my kids soon after. I did seem to experience clairsentience, but I never really saw anything, apart from one time, we all saw some pink orbs in the corner of the room. I also used to scry using a mirror and candles - every time I did it I saw a strange face - the eyes looked oriental or mongolian, but the bottom half of the face was black - I couldn't work it out.

The years rolled by and my kids grew up - I maintained a link with spirit, although I didn't sit in circle. I read tarot cards on a regular basis, and always had clear lucid dreams.

About a year or so ago, I once again felt spirit pullng me back - and now I had much more time to spend on my development.

On November the 5th last year, I went to bed one night and was reading. I found I couldn't focus on the page at all - I had "blobs" in front of my eyes, like sun-spots. As I looked around the room I saw my cat - and I could clearly see his aura in all it's glory - oranges, pinks, purples all swirled around him. He came and sat by me (like he could sense something too) and as I looked at my arm where it touched the cat, our auras mingled. It was amazing.

I began to panic though - my first thought was "I am having a brain bleed!" - then I slowly realised it could be spiritual. Still panicking, I said to my Guide "if this is spiritual, please take it off" - and it stopped, just like that.

Freaked out a little, I decided to go to the church again - where I began to sit in circle. I found if I concentrated, I could see auras - not as vividly as the first time, but I could make out colours. I also began to see spirit at around this time.

One night, I went to bed, and I was thinking "OK Lightning Tree, I know who you are, but I know nothing about you - can you tell me some information please?". I waited, but heard and saw nothing, so I went to sleep.

I woke in the middle of the night and heard a man's voice whisper "Ketchikan" - I quickly scribbled it down so I wouldn't forget it, but I must admit, it sounded like a nonesense word to me.

I googled it the next day, thinking "may as well have a look" - and I nearly fell off my chair. Ketchikan is in Alaska and is the Totem Pole capital of the world. The poles are huge - and carved out of cedar trees.

I looked at some images of the poles - and there was the Eagle one I had seen all those years ago - in fact, the native people live in clans, one of which was the Eagle clan - which my Guide must have belonged to!

I also looked at some pictures taken in the early 20th Century - when the natives held a celebration they painted the bottom of their faces with black ash - and they have Asian/Mogolian features. It was all a bit too much for me! I could barely believe it!

It also explained why I never saw tepees or head-dresses with Lightning Tree - he was that type of Native American!

Anyhow, that's how he showed me who he was - with one, nonesense sounding word. I am still amazed at this!

I also found out alot about another Guide of mine, Neva, but I'll save that for another time!

Love and Blessings

Sue x
Wow that's amazing, thanks for sharing!