PDA

View Full Version : Broken??

Curiosity672
02-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Hello,
I can not say that I am a Wiccan really. Though I've always found it incredibly interesting, something or other has always interfered with my pursuit to further my studies in it. I know nothing of practicing really and I am not so good at meditation.

Anyway, a few years ago I was friends with a girl who was very well immersed in this subject. She said that when I was around often I would make her feel numb and sometimes hurt her (though not physically) when I was angry. I had no intention of these actions though she said I was making them happen. When I once again to tried my hand at Wicca, she said I was broken.

The friendship eventually fell apart but I still wonder, am I broken, psychically or in the magical way she was referring to? Can someone actually be broken like that?

LadyTerra
02-02-2012, 08:09 PM
You are not broken--you are intense (like me).:hug2:

Your ex-friend was most probably an Empath and passive (besides)--so she was unable to deal with your intensity. She was no doubt a bit introverted and I would venture a guess that you are more extroverted and have a tendency to project your feelings (eventhough you are unaware of it).

You will be fine. Let me know--if you would like to chat some more. I can share some grounding techniques w/ you.:hug:

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...

Curiosity672
02-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Well that's a relief :) But actually it was a bit reversed...she was rather extroverted and I am more introverted. However, I am very emotional, as if happiness is my default emotion and other feelings are just temporary.

It was just an odd situation. She said people in her coven could feel me as well. I was beginning to feel sub-conscience about something I couldn't even control or understand. After awhile I just gave it up. I had no malicious indent so what could really happen.

Thank you for your kind words! What are grounding techniques?

LadyMoondancer
02-02-2012, 11:18 PM
yeah, sounds like your just giving off excess energy. LadyTerra is correct - you may need grounding.

I will let her post her techniques - they may be different than mine, but basically, grounding is giving back to the Earth excess energy.

I wouldn't worry too much over it.

LadyTerra
03-02-2012, 02:35 AM
OK--go to a quiet place (I like a special Sunny spot in my backyard--or my living-room floor).:wink:

Sit down on the ground and place both hands flat on the floor/ground--then chant (3) times;

"Energy I have drawn from Thee--
Now I give back--So Mote It Be--
But grant that I may keep with me--
The Blessings of Thyne Energy..."

Take a deep cleansing breath--each time you repeat it--then exhale.

I (also) like to practice centering--by soaking in a little Sunshine and implementing rhythmic breathing;

Breath in--one, two, three, four--then hold for two heart-beats...

Breath out--one, two, three, four--then hold for two heart-beats...

Do this until you feel yourself becoming very calm and warm and in-tune with your own heart-beat.

I like that your "default setting" is happiness!:D

Peace and Love on your path to grounding and centering...

Blessed be...