PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

Thinker108
02-02-2012, 05:13 AM
Enlightenment can be achieved by doings? What do you think?

psychoslice
02-02-2012, 06:35 AM
It seems that way, but when one does apparently achieve Enlightenment, one then and only then, realizes that no effort could ever bring you there, its only when all effort is dropped that you are there, or should i say, realize that you are there, you were really nowhere else and this is the big joke lol.

Seawolf
02-02-2012, 07:49 AM
No way. But it's too late now.. already started thinking about it. That's doing.

So I guess the answer is no, it can't be achieved by doing.. so don't think about it and just do it. :D

3dnow
02-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Frankly I just want to be the cool guy.. fearless, independent and friend with everyone..

I don't have to be any damn thing for that.

3d

amy green
02-02-2012, 10:14 AM
My experience is that all insight, strands of enlightenment come in the stillness of the mind....once we're in a kind of thought free state; it takes a certain kind of openness, receptivity in order for our consciousness to be aligned with the greater energy/knowledge/divinity (whatever semantic term you want to insert here!)

Swami Chihuahuananda
02-02-2012, 10:28 AM
It seems that way, but when one does apparently achieve Enlightenment, one then and only then, realizes that no effort could ever bring you there, its only when all effort is dropped that you are there, or should i say, realize that you are there, you were really nowhere else and this is the big joke lol.

Yep, at some point you realize that nothing you did caused you to become 'enlightened', but you had to do everything you did do , to get you to that place where you realized that the stuff you did didn't make you enlightened , because you were already there but you didn't know it.
That is a delightfully mischevious cosmic joke , isn't it :D .

so the answer to the poll , obviously, is another paradox : " yes, and no "

silent whisper
02-02-2012, 12:15 PM
our true eternal self can be found in many ways....taking action is part of it...of course.

sound
02-02-2012, 12:16 PM

If you stop chopping wood there will be no fire to keep you warm and you might freeze to death while sitting in the Lotus position counting each petal as it pertains to your persistence :D

silent whisper
02-02-2012, 12:21 PM
If you stop chopping wood there will be no fire to keep you warm and you might freeze to death while sitting in the Lotus position counting each petal as it pertains to your persistence :D

your words bought me to space in my dark night where by I was awakened to the space of prayer. my spirit guide at the time, made it very clear that prayer and action go hand in hand. If we prayer for world peace, but live with our own internal battles of struggle.....are we truly praying for world peace?

sound
02-02-2012, 12:57 PM
are we truly praying for world peace?

Being peaceful can be as simple as thinking peaceful thoughts ... being kind is powerful ... feeling the love ... meditation, prayer, daydreaming, capturing the moment, being aware, being fair, showing care ... even some of that some of the time opens the way for life to be more harmonious ... it sounds mushy but thats nice sometimes too lol :hug3:

3dnow

Great fear in you I sense...

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii560/parsmutaf/yoda_47172.jpg

3dnow
double post ignore

sound
02-02-2012, 12:59 PM
do you 3d? in what respect?

sound
02-02-2012, 01:01 PM
I did respond to your post SW ... it is on the previous page :) ... wasnt sure you would think to turn back now we are here lol ...

3dnow
02-02-2012, 01:07 PM
do you 3d? in what respect?

To be honest , I sense nothing at all lol :D

sound
02-02-2012, 01:11 PM
To be honest , I sense nothing at all lol :D

ok :D Ill laugh too ... i like a good joke just as much as the next person lol ... can i still ask what you meant by the comment or was it just to make fun of me lol?

Quagmire
02-02-2012, 01:16 PM
That is a delightfully mischevious cosmic joke , isn't it :D .

so the answer to the poll , obviously, is another paradox : " yes, and no "

Haha yes :P the spirit world also need their comedy. We have television they have Earth. I love paradoxes so think I will agree with the yes and no... because just doing nothing gets you nowhere and only "doing" does not bring you to the right place.

3dnow
02-02-2012, 01:17 PM
ok :D Ill laugh too ... i like a good joke just as much as the next person lol ... can i still ask what you meant by the comment or was it just to make fun of me lol?

no you were talking about death etc, I thought it was a good timing to make a joke about fear...

:dink:

sound
02-02-2012, 01:26 PM
no you were talking about death etc, I thought it was a good timing to make a joke about fear...

:dink:
ahhhh Im a bit thick :D

silent whisper
02-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Being peaceful can be as simple as thinking peaceful thoughts ... being kind is powerful ... feeling the love ... meditation, prayer, daydreaming, capturing the moment, being aware, being fair, showing care ... even some of that some of the time opens the way for life to be more harmonious ... it sounds mushy but thats nice sometimes too lol :hug3:

Self love is allowed to be mushy........being and emboding all those spaces becomes love in action for others. We can portray surface peace and kindness....but if our pain from past infliction is within then are we bringing the completness of harmony to others or simply our own need?

TzuJanLi
02-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Greetings..

I don't know.. i don't know what 'enlightenment' means..

I find great peace combined with awe and wonder by just paying attention to what is happening..

I pay attention by allowing the mind to be still, and silent.. noticing even the stillness and silence between the thoughts..

I embrace stillness, and activity.. and, i find stillness in activity, and.. i find activity in stillness..

I find enlightenment to be confusing and distracting, an arbitrary set of subjective values..

Yep, i pretty much don't know.. and, i'm really trying to keep it that way..

Be well..

Seawolf
02-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Self love is allowed to be mushy........being and emboding all those spaces becomes love in action for others. We can portray surface peace and kindness....but if our pain from past infliction is within then are we bringing the completness of harmony to others or simply our own need?
I totally agree with that! I'm selfishly focused on healing myself because I'm aware of my own condition. Now, if by loving myself it helps someone else, that's great! But I'm not going to try to pretend anything.

silent whisper
02-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Greetings..

I don't know.. i don't know what 'enlightenment' means..

I find great peace combined with awe and wonder by just paying attention to what is happening..

I pay attention by allowing the mind to be still, and silent.. noticing even the stillness and silence between the thoughts..

I embrace stillness, and activity.. and, i find stillness in activity, and.. i find activity in stillness..

I find enlightenment to be confusing and distracting, an arbitrary set of subjective values..

Yep, i pretty much don't know.. and, i'm really trying to keep it that way..

Be well..

In our free flowing formless space of being.......if we were to place it on knowing .........would we lose sight of everyone being enlightened anyway? I am enlightened everyday......by that free flowing formless space...it is neither here or there...it is everywhere..it is nowhere..

Shabby
02-02-2012, 10:54 PM

Thinker, what does enlightenment mean to you?