PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Rabbits

Curt
31-01-2012, 03:10 AM
If a rabbit knows that you're not out to kill them, presumably for food or sport, then they're friendly. Why are they friendly?

LPC
03-02-2012, 03:34 PM
No doubt the rabbits have read your thoughts and realise that you mean them no harm. Did you not know?!

Quagmire
03-02-2012, 03:43 PM
I do believe it is possible to send out our intent through the emotional wavegrid. So it might not be so much what you think but what you feel they catch up on.

helygen
05-02-2012, 02:08 PM
I worked with horses for many years and have had contact with many wild and pet animals. They all seem to sense our intentions towards them prob by our body language as much as anything else. One thing that helps is avoiding full eye contact which seems to mean fighter or preditor to most of them.

knightofalbion
05-02-2012, 07:21 PM
If a rabbit knows that you're not out to kill them, presumably for food or sport, then they're friendly. Why are they friendly?

They sense love in your aura.

knightofalbion
05-02-2012, 07:24 PM
I worked with horses for many years and have had contact with many wild and pet animals. They all seem to sense our intentions towards them prob by our body language as much as anything else. One thing that helps is avoiding full eye contact which seems to mean fighter or preditor to most of them.

They also respond to the tone of your voice.

Staying still and letting them make the first move is key.

Curt
19-02-2012, 01:28 PM
I think those rabbits are scared of me now, now that I'm talking about them on the internet.

LPC
19-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Best to talk to them and explain....!

wondering
20-02-2012, 03:34 AM
Rabbits tend to be very curious creatures (as are many species). It is possible that they pick up on our vibrations, at least to a certain degree, and will display less fear when they do. I recall many many years ago when my (then) husband and I were staying in a cabin in the woods. One evening Bob was out back cutting some wood for the fire, and I happened to look out the screen door at him...only to see a wild rabbit sitting just a few feet away from his back, watching him curiously. You would think the sound and action of Bob splitting the wood with an axe would have terrified the rabbit, but no...he sat there in awed silence.

I also have two pet rabbits who live with me. One of them, a big English lop named Yofi, has had his share of health issues, including a nasty case of sore hocks and a rare, deep infection (similar to the 'flesh-eating virus') in his shoulder/neck area. The infection was so severe it threatened his life, and getting him back to wellness again was a long, hard road. He had to go through twice-daily injections from me - stumbling as I was in giving him a needle every morning and night; I had to bathe the site and apply cream to it daily; and he had to wear a cone around his neck for months. That in itself was a struggle for him...not to mention the pain and irritation of the infection as well. Yet during the entire time, Yofi somehow understood that I was trying to help him. He'd get angry and stomp his feet and run away after treatments, but then 5 minutes later he'd be back; he'd hop onto the sofa and snuggle beside me. The same held true when I had to treat him for his sore hocks, also a painful condition. He hated having the sores on his feet bathed and treated, yet every time - once he got over his upset about the treatment itself - he'd return and sit beside me, often licking my hands as he did.

I do believe that with animals, they are as sensitive and aware of emotions as we are, and most likely more intuitive to many things - such as energy and vibrations - than many humans.

LPC
21-02-2012, 02:39 PM
I do believe that with animals, they are as sensitive and aware of emotions as we are, and most likely more intuitive to many things - such as energy and vibrations - than many humans.
Well said! :icon_cheers: :bunny:

Sarian
26-02-2012, 01:48 AM
I have lots of rabbits in my yard...they have their babies and their babies stay and grow and raise their own young as well. While I don't appreciate them eating my flowers and nibbling on my trees and shrubs, I don't mind them. Every day I walk outside and I'll spy some. I talk to them and they stop and look at me and when they realize I am of no harm, they continue on with their chewing. Once, however, a winter weasel got hold of a rabbit and it was a horrible screaming sound...my daughter was witnessing it, but the rabbit spun around so that the weasel got flung off lol. She thought the weasel was a ferret lol.