PDA

View Full Version : Full of Contraditions....

Shabby
30-01-2012, 02:25 PM
and yet so perfect.

So my thoughts this morning: I am so full of contradictions: I see my Self as God and what I am aware of and fall into a devotional state of praising God and it lifts me up higher then my mind could ever take me and I become one with God and I realize I am that and then I become aware of what that is and fall into a devotional state again and it lifts me high and I am once more one with it and I am it and this happens over and over and over....

Thinking of the universe I see, well I don't actually see it but scientist tell me that the universe is expanding and it will expand until it starts to go back (crunch time) until it is one small point and then Bang and it starts expanding again.

Will we (as humans) ever experience the crunch time? I don't think so. I think we experience time only going forward because we only experience what we are conscious of now but now is gone within a wink of an eye.

So, me rambling, feeling blessed.... loving all. Any thoughts?

Perfect Storm
30-01-2012, 02:40 PM
I understand. Its like you forget. I see them like memories of dreams, they fade and you are back to were you were.

Bluegreen
30-01-2012, 05:14 PM
By the time the 'crunch' happens you will have evolved far beyond the human stage and time may no longer be experienced as linear.

Swami Chihuahuananda
30-01-2012, 07:43 PM
and yet so perfect.

So my thoughts this morning: I am so full of contradictions: I see my Self as God and what I am aware of and fall into a devotional state of praising God and it lifts me up higher then my mind could ever take me and I become one with God and I realize I am that and then I become aware of what that is and fall into a devotional state again and it lifts me high and I am once more one with it and I am it and this happens over and over and over....

Thinking of the universe I see, well I don't actually see it but scientist tell me that the universe is expanding and it will expand until it starts to go back (crunch time) until it is one small point and then Bang and it starts expanding again.

Will we (as humans) ever experience the crunch time? I don't think so. I think we experience time only going forward because we only experience what we are conscious of now but now is gone within a wink of an eye.

So, me rambling, feeling blessed.... loving all. Any thoughts?

Firstly, cosmology is in it's infancy, so I don't expect that what scientists believe now about the origin and fate of the universe will look a lot like what the models will be in another 100 years, let alone 1,000 or a bazillion.
Something like the BB theory was utterly alien 100 years ago, and a universe that is accelerating it's expansion was utterly alien 20 years ago, so they don't really know what's going to happen . Even if there's a crunch, beings like us would still experience linear 'forward' time because time flow doens't know which direction it's flowing and systems imbedded in flowing time (or percieving time linearly) wouldn't be able to tell the direction of flow
they were in themselves. We can look at an event and think about it 'in reverse' of what we're used to, but we see the difference because we're outside that system .

The idea of the universe 'un-happening' doesn't make sense to me , as far as the perception of time, and as far as all the events simply reversing, that only seems like a fanciful mental construct, and not anything that's remotely possible . If gravity fails and the universe collapses , I think time would just continue forward and physical entropy would prevail. I think laws of physics would not somehow suddenly allow events to reverse; stars would continue to burn out, not pull their light back towards them in reverse. That just sounds completely absurd.

As far as conscious, evolving beings , I'm with what bluegreen says, that we will evolve into beings that might be fully aware of all time at once, all universes at once, who knows?. This falls in line with the idea that information always accumulates , or in a multidimensional framework, there is reverse entropy , where complexity and information increases, systems evolve to higer and higher levels. Where there is no physical entropy like what reigns in the material world .

Anyway, new cosmological models are coming in that suggest an omniverse, where our universe is like an expanding bubble in hyperdimensional space, one of a possible infinity of similar (or maybe not-similar) universes outside the time and space of this one . A few hundred years ago, people thought the earth was flat and the sun revolved around it.... it's a young science:D .

DS

Xan
31-01-2012, 02:43 AM
Shabby... As I see it we already did the crunch... contracting into the small ego self-identity, and now many are releasing and opening in awareness.

Xan