PDA

View Full Version : Coming back to reality..

silent whisper
25-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Whats real?

Whats reality?

Whats real in your reality for you?

Royalite
25-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Not allowing personal challenges or perceived obstacles to cripple my ability to do the things I want to do or affect my personal well-being negatively. That's what's real for me in my reality.

Humm
25-01-2012, 08:08 PM
To me, reality is that which has consequence. A sliding scale applies. :wink:

Shabby
25-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Hey S.W. Those are great questions and even though they have been asked before they can never be pondered upon enough so thank you for starting this thread : )

What is real.......never changes

What is reality....but the absence of illusion?

What's real to me is love beyond the appearance of things.

rsingh
25-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Hi Silent whisper

Reality is opposite to imaginary. If so then all that appears as form is imaginary. Formless is real.

If we consider reality which appears as real then we are altogether in a different dimension. Then we are into the laws that govern reality such as gravity.

Which reality you are referring to?

silent whisper
25-01-2012, 10:07 PM
To me, reality is that which has consequence. A sliding scale applies. :wink:

So when your on the slide.....sliding down.........you are saying its best to wear outer garments that protect ones bottom from the pain of both hot and cold conditions...no wonder kids run down them so fearlessly...they know how to overcome conditions without missing out on playing.........:wink: :D

silent whisper
25-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Hi Silent whisper

Reality is opposite to imaginary. If so then all that appears as form is imaginary. Formless is real.

If we consider reality which appears as real then we are altogether in a different dimension. Then we are into the laws that govern reality such as gravity.

Yours of course...do you see now?

Medium_Laura
25-01-2012, 11:23 PM
There is no reality. Everything is all part of the illusion.

silent whisper
25-01-2012, 11:28 PM
There is no reality. Everything is all part of the illusion.

Hey what.....you mean what I see is not real...medium Laura......you entered my reality just now...and I am sad to have to say......in the confines of your words...you do not exist....to me....nor to you.......so what are you doing here if you dont exist....ah.......existence and reality are two different things to you perhaps? Are they?

skygazer
25-01-2012, 11:45 PM
Cool line of thought. Right Now is real, that's it.

I AM
25-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Whats real?

Whats reality?

I am the only reality I can ever know.:smile:

silent whisper
25-01-2012, 11:54 PM
Cool line of thought. Right Now is real, that's it.

yes the now is real...and yet the now is not now...its gone...as we speak..so what is left?

silent whisper
25-01-2012, 11:56 PM
I am the only reality I can ever know.:smile:

I am the only..........reality.........I can ever know.......

we are all...............reality..........we can ever know...true or false?

skygazer
26-01-2012, 12:06 AM
yes the now is real...and yet the now is not now...its gone...as we speak..so what is left?

our reality is ever changing...maybe you are talking about our original essence?

silent whisper
26-01-2012, 12:08 AM
our reality is ever changing...maybe you are talking about our original essence?

so an ever changing reality.......which has lead us to spirit......I wonder what the reality of spirit is about?

Humm
26-01-2012, 01:42 AM
So when your on the slide.....sliding down.........you are saying its best to wear outer garments that protect ones bottom from the pain of both hot and cold conditions...no wonder kids run down them so fearlessly...they know how to overcome conditions without missing out on playing.........:wink: :D

Not at all - unless one is mis-dressed! :tongue: :wink: :D

Swami Chihuahuananda
26-01-2012, 02:08 AM
Reality is really rather relative , relatively speaking .
(he said with a mostly straight face)

I AM
26-01-2012, 02:35 AM
I am the only..........reality.........I can ever know.......

we are all...............reality..........we can ever know...true or false?

The only me you can ever know is the one you create. You are the only reality you can ever know.

Xan
26-01-2012, 02:40 AM
Illusion is illusory... ever changing, interacting forms.

Reality is unchanging... the formless awareness that witnesses all the illusory changes.

Reality is unboundaried love itself... the origin from which all changing forms have arisen.

Xan

silent whisper
26-01-2012, 05:05 AM

Oh yes our reality could well be very much connected to our relatives..the lasting impression they leave can really take a stronghold on ones perceptions of reality.....if that is the kind of relative you mean.... :D (my face in the face of your face)

silent whisper
26-01-2012, 05:06 AM
The only me you can ever know is the one you create. You are the only reality you can ever know.

Um...I am thinking about this one..letting it wash over me some more....brb to respond....if I dont then you will have the final say I AM...and that is always a great thing for me to accept...:D

silent whisper
26-01-2012, 05:08 AM
Not at all - unless one is mis-dressed! :tongue: :wink: :D
:D :tongue:

Gem
26-01-2012, 05:09 AM

In the end, it's all a subjective cognition.

silent whisper
26-01-2012, 05:09 AM

Reality is unchanging... the formless awareness that witnesses all the illusory changes.

Reality is unboundaried love itself... the origin from which all changing forms have arisen.

Xan

So coming back down to reality...your saying Xan.?

silent whisper
26-01-2012, 05:10 AM
In the end, it's all a subjective cognition.

What.... when you die?

Gem
26-01-2012, 05:30 AM
What.... when you die?

Should I bang on about how I was never born so I'll never die now?

Greenslade
26-01-2012, 07:27 AM
Whats real?
My keyboard that I type this on and the monitor I see it on

Whats reality?
Whatever I choose it to be.

My keyboard that I type this on and the monitor I see it on.

And if you think "he just doesn't get it" then it's reality to you too :-)

Lightspirit
26-01-2012, 07:48 AM
My reality changes daily. I guess living in the here and now seeing what is and not what should be. There are two levels of it, there is the physical and the emotional/spiritual. They are what is there now and what is in the next few minutes.

Swami Chihuahuananda
26-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Nothing is real . Nothing to get hung about. Strawberry fields forever.

No thing is real . The thing that is no-thing is real but it's not a thing .

Metaphorical strawberry fields forever :redface:

silent whisper
26-01-2012, 11:38 AM
My keyboard that I type this on and the monitor I see it on

Whatever I choose it to be.

My keyboard that I type this on and the monitor I see it on.

And if you think "he just doesn't get it" then it's reality to you too :-)

He just doesnt get it...:icon_frown:

silent whisper
26-01-2012, 12:12 PM
But I remember...I am no longer afraid to die....

Humm
26-01-2012, 01:39 PM
I am not afraid to die, but I am saddened by it. I must admit to being a bit attached to this silly little life. It has so much potential. I really do enjoy a challenge - and the moments of beauty, connection, and accomplishment that it affords.

Perhaps, when time is filled, I'll feel differently, but for now, I feel I would be sad to see it go.

silent whisper
26-01-2012, 01:53 PM
I am not afraid to die, but I am saddened by it. I must admit to being a bit attached to this silly little life. It has so much potential. I really do enjoy a challenge - and the moments of beauty, connection, and accomplishment that it affords.

Perhaps, when time is filled, I'll feel differently, but for now, I feel I would be sad to see it go.

Yes.......you speak from the heart Humm...and I understand completely.

I was just now listening to this young man playing the piano...one of lifes moments to enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGyILTRxRSg&feature=related

It seemed fitting...to your words..a mix of emotions...

Mayflow
26-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Hi Silent whisper

I would agree that reality is formless and pure potential but I don't presently see it as opposite to imagery, but more like complementory to it. Reality is a creative force and imagery is created by reality, as I view it. This makes what we see with our eyes and sense with our senses transitory and ever-muting.

Shabby
26-01-2012, 02:24 PM
If I perceive the chair I am sitting on and even the body that is sitting on the chair....and scientist tell me that neither the chair nor the body are actually solid ...I question how "real" can anything be that I perceive to be real?

What is real must be something other than what we perceive through our senses. What is real is real even if we can't perceive it. It takes a different set of eyes to see it and different ears to hear it and a different tongue to taste it.

Humm
26-01-2012, 02:30 PM
If I perceive the chair I am sitting on and even the body that is sitting on the chair....and scientist tell me that neither the chair nor the body are actually solid ...I question how "real" can anything be that I perceive to be real?

What is real must be something other than what we perceive through our senses. What is real is real even if we can't perceive it. It takes a different set of eyes to see it and different ears to hear it and a different tongue to taste it.
Yes - reality is not what we think it is - but let's not confuse real with existent.

Clearly there are many levels and dimensions of existence and reality - the trick is to see beyond the idea that it is only what we see, IMO.

Xan
26-01-2012, 09:51 PM

So coming back down to reality...your saying Xan.?
Coming back down to the reality that is (illusory) ever changing forms and mis-perceptions?

In my definition Reality is unchanging and forever... the permanent fact that we are aware.

Love itself is unchanging and is the source and essence of all existence.

Do these words make any more sense to you, sw?

Xan

silent whisper
26-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Coming back down to the reality that is (illusory) ever changing forms and mis-perceptions?

In my definition Reality is unchanging and forever... the permanent fact that we are aware.

Love itself is unchanging and is the source and essence of all existence.

Do these words make any more sense to you, sw?

Xan

well yes........I do believe.......they do.:smile:

Swami Chihuahuananda
27-01-2012, 12:10 AM

If I was a little kid, I'd ask
"are there chihuahuas in Heaven, mommy ?. I'm not sure I want to go if there are no chihuahuas" .

:cool: DS

Humm
27-01-2012, 12:44 AM
If I was a little kid, I'd ask
"are there chihuahuas in Heaven, mommy ?. I'm not sure I want to go if there are no chihuahuas" .

:cool: DS
Right on. :D

skygazer
28-01-2012, 01:11 PM
sometimes, the task of communicating in word is quite the challenge. Just another birthright we were stripped of.