PDA

View Full Version : Finding History on House...

lil_Jean
24-01-2012, 05:43 PM
I have owned my home for about 3 years. It was built in 1907. I believe it to be haunted by one or more spirits. I think there are three. One man and at least one child. They are positive spirits and don't really do much around. The kitchen (an add on to the house after 1907) always feels like there's a party going on it. Whenever I have people over we always end up standing in there then when you leave the room it's like the commotion is gone. I've even asked them a couple times things like "Phew now we don't have to feel like we are talking over like 20 people huh?" And everyone agrees. People that have lived there with me also agree that there is a ghost. They are playful and when they don't like something they will do little things like flicker the lights, burn out brand new lightbulbs, move things so you can't find them, you know... playful little things. I don't mind their presence and we co-exist fine. I would however like to know about them as we live in the same house. Curiosity more so than anything. Just wondering if you have any ideas on how to go about finding this information out?

WhiteWarrior
24-01-2012, 05:46 PM
The local newspapers can be often be found on microfiche or scanned, all the way back to the first numbers, in your local library. The municipality's home ownership archives can also tell who are prior registered owners of your home.

Time
24-01-2012, 05:57 PM
News papers ( go to the library), or go to city hall, and find out names of the builders. My house is the same age as yours, and we were lucky enough to have the builders son or grand son visit us, and tell us about the house.