PDA

View Full Version : Candle Magic

Cherrypie
21-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions and hopefully you can help me with this.

I would like to burn a candle to get rid of the negativity between me and someone I`m very close to. We both want to have a close relationship again but for some reason something negative always comes between us. It doesn't feel right at all, I feel that me burning a candle can help but I'm not sure which candle I should burn and what oil I should use for it. Today is Saturday so from what I read I should use a black candle but this is for friendship so I`m not sure if I should use a pink candle ... I`m very confused.

Please help :icon_frown:

earthprowler
21-01-2012, 09:47 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/va/flowerVBS/ccm.html

here is a list of the color meanings. you can always use a white candle in place of another color. some people will say you can only do certain spells at certain times of the month or moon phase but if you need to do something, do it when you need to. bless it and carve what you need into it. also never blow out a candle; snuff it instead; or it blows your spell away.

hope it helps.

Cherrypie
21-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the reply, and thanks for the link, I like your phrase btw, I really agree with that. But now I`m still not sure which color I should use, pink for love and friendship or black to remove the negative energy between us. :confused:

MoonWillow
21-01-2012, 11:04 AM
I chose the ones that I feel are correct for my needs.

Personally I'd burn the black one first to remove any negativity to begin with. Then chose the colour(s) for which you feel is most relevant to your wishes/ needs.

Go with what your heart and head tell you.

M.

Cherrypie
21-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Thank you MoonWillow.

Cherrypie
21-01-2012, 11:18 AM
I will burn the black one first and then burn the pink one after, is it ok for me to burn the black one in the afternoon and then burn the pink one in the evening or do I have to burn all the candles at night ? hopefullly it won't be a problem for me to attract goodness during a waning moon.

MoonWillow
21-01-2012, 11:58 AM
This is also something that I do when I feel I need to or the time feels right.

I don't have specific times to do anything. I do them when I am on my own and can put my heart into that that I'm seeking help or advice with.

I always seal the prayer with a breath afterwards.

Let the candle burn out, or as said snub it out.

Then I take a sharp intake of air, and as I slowly breath it back out I say what ever thank you's I need to for what ever help or advice I'm asking for.

We all do things differently. Follow your own instincts, you will find you own way of doing things.

To me they are the best ones.

M.

Cherrypie
21-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Thank you MoonWillow, this really helps ... I will definitely try it.

Cherrypie
22-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Wanted to give you guys an update. I burned my black candle which took longer then normal to burn, maybe an hour and a half longer but other then that it burned pretty well. Then after I burned my pink candle but the flame was extremely high and there was smoke coming out of it, not all the time but sometimes Ive never had that before, it didnt crackle or anything but it was just very high. I snuffled the candle because I was tired and had to go to bed but I will continue to burn it today.

Did the way the candle burned mean anything?

Quintessence
24-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Candle physics.

As someone who makes their own candles, that really is all there is to it. Burn time and flame height has to do with how the candle is made; the type of wax, the type of wick, etc. Only badly made candles will smoke on you, nor will a well-made candle have a large flame provided you keep the wick properly trim,ed. If you want to read additional metaphysical significance into it, that's your choice. Personally, I would just remember to not buy candles from that source again. >_<

Cherrypie
26-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Usually the candles burn fine. I guess I shouldn't think anything of it. Thanks for your reply Quintessence :)

Lynn
27-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Hello

I use a lot of candles in the work I do. Many times Anointing is the tool I use.

GREEN-
Use for spells concerningfinances, personal money and emotional healing

YELLOW -
Use for learning, memory,creativity, concentration, solar energy and mental clarity. Represents thecardinal direction East.

SPELL CANDLES-
A goldmetallic finish. Just right for representing the Sun and male deities. Goldspell candles are also used in spells for prosperity, ambition and courage.Gold is beneficial in rituals intended to bring about fast luck or money, or inrituals needing solar energy.

RED-
Use for Passion, Desire,Strength, Energy and Courage.

SILV ER-
Spell candles are used in pagan rituals andcelebrations. These spell candles may be used to honour the Goddess on thealtar. In spellcraft they are used for psychic protection, clairvoyance,intuition and communication.

BLACK-
Use for Protection, Banishingand Negativity Clearing.

ORANGE -
Use for Ambition, Luck and
Encouragement

DARK BLUE -
Use for Wisdom, Inspiration, Prophetic Dreams

PURPLE - Use for PsychicAbility, Spiritual Power, Astral Travel

WHITE - White spell candlesmay be used to represent the universal spirit or female deities. White spellcandles are often used in spells for Protection, peace, purity, truth or wheninsight is required. White spellcandles can be used in place of any othercolour.

What is an “ Anointing Candle? Well basically it is a cleansing and aconcentration of the energies for what one is going use it for. Basically giving it, its power andintentions. This is done usually with “Oils”which is put on one’s prominent hand and rub it on the candle in with atwisting or rotation motion of the candle.

If the intention is to bringsomething to ye ( such as for a LOVe spell) then the rubbing motion is in a topto bottom motion. If the intention is tomove something from ye ( repelling someone or something) then the motion isfrom bottom to top.

Lynn

Most times one chants orstates an incantation this can be in the form of a prayer or blessing.

MAKING sure that one asksalways for the protections of the White Light or Devine God. Making sure it is burned in the service ofthe positive Light……Knowing all too well the path of the Darkness inMagicks I so do not condone this to bedone.

Cherrypie
29-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Thanks so much Lynn, this is very helpful :smile: