PDA

View Full Version : A few questions I have regarding spirtual development

JasperAriel
20-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Hello all,
Today is my first real day on this website, I've browsed around and I love it! Everyone here is kind and helpful, so I'm hoping you will be kind and helpful with me. I noticed some posts similar to what I've been wondering, but they don't have all the information I was looking for. I hope I am posting this in the right section, but it has a few questions about a few different subjects I saw also had their own section. Please forgive me if this is in the wrong section, this is my first post and I have yet to figure out how things work on here. I'll try my best to keep this short, but I just adore writing!

Growing up, I've been surrounded by many down to earth, whole, grounded people who just seem to have this sense about them that lights up the room and makes me feel safe. I know a few intuitives, if that's the correct wording, as well as a born healer. I am so interested in developing and exploring my abilities, but I am somewhat at a stall. The past year I've been exploring the spiritual world on and off, and just the past month or so I have been really diving into it. I love it so much! I love how peaceful I feel, how alive and awake I am, and how much my life seems to be improving.

When I was younger, I had a lot of trouble with what was diagnosed to be anxiety. But the only time I would ever get anxious is when I had to go to school or an enclosed large area with crowds. I would also get anxious when my mom would leave on vacation or even just to work because as soon as she left, the house would suddenly get colder(literally drop in temperature) and it would seem really negative and just...dark. Luckily I am able to be on my own now, but the house still drops in temperature and gets this negative vibe whenever she leaves. I'm still very close to her, she played both parental roles for me growing up and I've always felt safe when I was with her. I remember when I was around 4-5 I used to have reoccurring nightmares, or possibly visions, I can't remember all too clearly, of a man in a 1960-70s space suit bouncing around(like he was in outer-space with no gravity) my room at night, which led me to sleep in the same bed with my mom up until I was around 13. Somewhat embarrassing to admit, but as soon as I started sleeping in her bed, I had no nightmares, not even once in those 8 years. When I would sleep over at a friends house, I'd get nightmares and she'd have to pick me up in the very early AM hours. Is it possible that my mom could have some type of ability to ward off negative energy?) Anyways, every time I would go out to an area with a lot of people, I would pretty much block myself off from everything around me and shut down. Doctors said that it was anxiety, but my mom(very religious, used to be spiritual in her past, not as active today) thought that I might actually be an empath because I would always come home in a different mood each day, ie depressed, angry, mostly negative emotions, when I had nothing to be depressed/angry about. I would also feel what I thought to be the pain of others around me, such as I'd feel the pain of a sprained ankle if I didn't have one but my best friend did, I'd feel like I had just been scratched if someone I was looking at just got scratched. I was in the nurses office almost every day complaining about the same symptoms the kid next to me was complaining about. I noticed this more and more and it eventually got so bad that I feared going to school and I became depressed. That only lasted about a few months or so, though. It's been ruled out by the doctor that I don't have any other illnesses or diseases such as bipolar, etc. I will also get highly involved in every movie, tv show, book, and stories told by others, so involved like I'm feeling the fear or the love, sadness and joy. Some people tell me that I'm just over emotional, but if I'm upset, I'm able to control my feelings, as opposed to me being helpless to the emotions I receive from others around me. Is it possible that I am an empath? And if it is possible that I am, how can I prevent other people's emotions from effecting my day? And is it possible that I could be a "healer", I'm not sure about the correct term. I have been able to imagine a white light engulfing me and filling me with love and positive vibrations, then I'll put my hands on whatever I plan to "heal" and I just focus on that white light filling up with each breath in and then leaving my fingertips and entering the being I'm touching and just cleansing their body of all negative energies. I have done this with both my mother and dog on many occasions and my mom says that it feels like this wave goes through her and washes away her pain(She's currently going through menopause, has elbow problems and "frozen shoulder") and the same results have happened when my dog was sick, she was energetic, waging her tail and happy afterwards. I usually feel somewhat drained and as if some of my positive energy has been taken, which is completely fine if it's benefiting someone else. But it seems like after 24-72 hours, the being that I put energy into is right back to feeling the same way, just usually not as bad. Could it be that I'm not powerful enough? Could it be that I'm not actually a healer but since I have this feeling to be one, I act as one and will get temporary results? If that's even possible. I'd love to look into ways I could better myself as far as healing goes!

And I also have a question about visualization. I do try to meditate daily, it ranges from 30 minutes to an hour and a half depending on my plans for the day, I also meditate until I am able to go to sleep, but that is more of putting my mind in the sleepy/calm stage rather than seeking spiritual development/enlightenment. I know some people are able to put themselves on a relaxing beach or a calm forest during meditation and actually see that beach or forest in their minds eye as well as feel the warm air and even hear birds or waves. I have friends who are able to imagine a person or a figure and draw it exactly how they see it in their head. But whenever I try and think of something beautiful to draw, it seems like I have a brainfart and it just fizzles, like my creativity leaves whenever I try to put it to use. I've listened to guided meditations and tried to imagine walking down a staircase or through the woods, but my mind is just black. When I close my eyes, I sometimes see white blotches, solid dark-colored lines horizontally and vertically, electric/lightning bolts, multicolored specks, etc. I also feel like I am unable to communicate with my spirit guide. While some describe hearing voices, seeing the spirit guide in the mind’s eye, I am still unable to feel that connection. Sometimes I think that I'm trying too hard, but then when I don't focus, my mind wanders and I feel a small sense of guilt and make my mind focus on meditating. I would love to get in contact with my spirit guide and I would love to eventually put myself in the scenery I think of while meditating and be able to see or feel it. Is visualization different for everyone? Does it matter if I cannot picture or see anything? How do/did you get in contact with your spirit guide? I know I'm not required to have a spirit guide, but I have this sense that it would help me on my path of spiritual development.

I'm very curious as to what I'm capable of doing and I do believe that I have the ability to do it, I'm just not sure if it's being done correctly or not. I have this sense of self that makes me feel like I was put on this earth to do something great, to help people, or something along the lines of that.

Once again, this is my first post, so I apologize very much if there is something wrong with this post. I also apologize for it being so long, I just have so many thoughts and questions that I figured I should put it into one post instead of making multiple ones and getting mixed up. Just until I get to know my way around this website better! I'm sorry if there are posts that are just like this one, but I tried my best to go through as many as I can. I feel like since I don't exhibit certain traits others do, that I should be asking about my own instead of comparing a few things I have in common with others. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this, and thank you very much, ahead of time, for any information or tips you are able to share with me!! Everyone's input matters.

May peace and love surround you
~~~~

Enya
20-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Wow, that's alot to untangle... hope you don't mind if I go with what jumps out. First, the healing... by the sounds of it, you are giving your own physical energy. This is not good for you or the person receiving - it drains you and doesn't last for them.

It's quite possible you are a sensitive, in which case you need to learn what's yours, what's other peoples and how to ground and centre your energy. An example of this is what you feel when your mum leaves you alone; it's how you perceive being apart from her. This needs to be understood and gradually disentangled, as it's not entirely healthy for either of you in the long run. There are details on these simple practices on this forum... wait long enough and someone will come along and point you towards them. :wink:

Meditation - you sit longer than most people ever manage! It's not mandatory to visualise anything or draw anything in your mind. Success in that method really depends whether you are a visual person or not. Can you daydream of someplace you know well? Can you see it clearly in your head? That's visualisation. :smile: If you can't see things, then perhaps an outer focus is better, like a candle flame or mandala.

Your spirit guide will approach you when yoo are ready for them to do so. Don't try so hard... just enjoy.:hug3:

Native spirit
21-01-2012, 12:03 AM
:hug: Hi JasperAriel,

The first thing i would advise you to do is to ground yourself you can do this by imagine you feet are roots and they holding you to the ground, there are other ways but thats just one example, you sound like an empath so you pick up up on others feelings etc.
if there is a spiritulist church near to where you live that would be a good place to start they could help you , to ground yourself,how to open up and close down to spirit,and how to use protection,
it seems to me that you have a lot of faith in your mother and you feel safe when she is around,
have u ever spoken to your mother about how you feeel or see? because she may have more of un understanding than you realise,
how you feel is not uncommon a lot of other ppl feel the same way they dont know what to do or where to go to seek the help they need,

Namaste

Aquarian
21-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Firstly, welcome to the board. :hug3:

It sounds like you have poor control of your energetic self. This is not a criticism, we all have our issues and this is probably one of yours.

It's a shame that this stuff isn't know about better as you could really use some assistance. The suggestion about the spiritual church is probably the best one.

But it seems like after 24-72 hours, the being that I put energy into is right back to feeling the same way, just usually not as bad. Could it be that I'm not powerful enough? Could it be that I'm not actually a healer but since I have this feeling to be one, I act as one and will get temporary results? If that's even possible. I'd love to look into ways I could better myself as far as healing goes!
Healing is generally that temporary.

I'd say that giving up your own energy is a bad idea but it seems like something is going to steal it anyway.

Why are you willing to damage yourself to temporarily help someone else? (please no-one else comment on this before JasperAriel does)

I also feel like I am unable to communicate with my spirit guide. While some describe hearing voices, seeing the spirit guide in the mind’s eye, I am still unable to feel that connection.
Those who hear voices, that's probably not their spirit guide. :confused1:

I really really really wouldn't be trying to contact any non-physical entities until all these symptoms go away. Except maybe under the guidance of the Church.

I have this sense of self that makes me feel like I was put on this earth to do something great, to help people, or something along the lines of that.
Yeah everyone has that. And one day you should get the chance. But it's important to be able to help yourself first.

Try to spend most of your time doing things that feel healthy. Not what other people tell you is healthy necessarily but but feels genuinely healthy to you.

Look into EFT and get a birth chart reading some time.

Also, don't talk about this weird stuff to anyone except possibly a spiritual church. You're lucky your doctor didn't put your on the track towards a psychiatric institution.

JasperAriel
21-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Hello Aquarian, Enya and Native Spirit, thank you all for your responses and giving me some helpful information!

I will do some research on ways to gain better control of my energetic self.

The suggestion about the spiritual church is probably the best one.
Do you/anyone know how I could go about finding a spiritual church? And how much it differs from a Catholic or Christian? Those are the only churches I really know of in my area.

Why are you willing to damage yourself to temporarily help someone else? (please no-one else comment on this before JasperAriel does)
I get this sense of feeling that I should be helping and that any bit of help I can give, should be given. If it's permanent damage, I won't attempt it anymore and I can find other ways to help that won't hurt or do anything bad to me. If it is something I am able to do every now and then to give someone a period of time where they are able to have lesser pain, I would be interested in doing so. But only going about it in a way where it won't be doing damage to me.

I did a birth chart online and it was spot on. I can't believe I haven't looked into that before, thank you for mentioning it. I'll start looking into EFT some more after this post.

Thank you all very much!

Aquarian
22-01-2012, 05:28 PM
I will do some research on ways to gain better control of my energetic self.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gffKhttrRw4

I'm gonna start a new thread on something similar in Spiritual Development.

Do you/anyone know how I could go about finding a spiritual church? And how much it differs from a Catholic or Christian? Those are the only churches I really know of in my area.
More difficult in the UK, if you're here too.

I get this sense of feeling that I should be helping and that any bit of help I can give, should be given.
How bad do you feel if you don't help?

I did a birth chart online and it was spot on. I can't believe I haven't looked into that before, thank you for mentioning it.
Check out the Astrology forum here. Greybeard is very helpful.

JasperAriel
26-01-2012, 07:23 PM
That video was just what I needed! I've started doing that routine twice a day and I love it.

I found this church called "Mystical Spiritualist Church" that is short walk from my house, but I am unsure of how a spiritual church should be. I'll check it out and if it's not what I was looking for, it's still an experience.

I've been reading a lot the past few days and I'm starting to become more calm and accepting when I can't help someone because chances are, it's something beyond my reach and the best thing I can do for them is to meditate and send them positive energy. But it still pains me to see my mom or friends hurt or uncomfortable. I also still get filled with this energy that makes me feel restless.

I love all the forums on this website! You're right about Greybeard being helpful! Also very knowledgeable, I love the posts! Astrology is definitely a subject I would love to learn more about.

Nixf1
22-05-2016, 05:19 AM
There is no need to go to a spiritualist church.. all you need to do it connect to the universe... not all the people around here knows the difference between spirituality and religion... thats what the spirits told me...and i would say dont try hard to get to your spirit guides.. they know when you are ready and will come to you themselves.. better wait.. i am a healer too.. and what you feel is what i feel too.. but i know to control the pain so that i dont get the pain... i am an empath...im able to heal people better because my Animal spirits and Higher spirits always help me... i would like to talk to you more and if possible help you too.. Hugs