PDA

View Full Version : A philosophical journey into the existence of god

breath
18-01-2012, 12:20 PM
What is the universe?.. There's stars and stuff in it, but what I mean is why is it?..

Why isn't there nothing?.. What changed, or was there ever nothing?

I'm in it, and so are you... And while we both share the same experience as I as the me in us is different. You see out of your eyes, and think with your brain, and I do the same with mine and we don't share it. But we definately share something.

so what is 'me'?

When I feel, what is feeling?

Thinking, like I'm doing right now... I don't know who's thinking it - who's the reciever and the giver of this inner voice?...

Like an eye trying to see itself, or a person trying to stand face to face with himself.

I just can't see me, don't know where it is. I'm like light, going away from the source.

But what is that source we all share?

is it just a part in my brain?.. What is this sense of myself.

Maybe it's god, it's a unifying factor in all of life - therefore maybe it is life itself. All of life appears in forms of points of references in a universe - things that have subjective experiences according to what parts of their brain are active.

But what is this 'me'ness that's recieving the results of the brain?

Life itself, the true miracle. A subtle reality which we all carry, and which manifested in a world once - and if the universe can do something one, it can do it again just as easily... So I can experience another self, not exactly me but the same observer will surely one day exist, and I'll have a self again without any memories. Because those memories were in the brain that'd died.

What're your answers to the question being asked by this?

thoughts on reincarnation, god, self, personal identity, persona and subjective and objective realities. All my favorite topics :D lol

please add your thoughts, ideas and follow ons from this. Just a nice dance of minds we can have together on these topics. :smile:

Thanks, Breath.

Mind's Eye
18-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Like sands through the hourglass.... so are the days of our lives :smile:

Jules
18-01-2012, 12:46 PM
ooooh I'm a liking that .. gonna post it in quotable members :)

Solace733
18-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Hmm, It is early here, no coffee in me, but i will take a stab at this.

Perhaps God or whatever name you choose, created itself in the sense of wanting to experience itself through infinate ways without judgement. So what started as nothing was actually everything but did not have a way to observe itself as it already was all that is. So it began creating limitless experiences to know itself from all perspectives.

What is you, is the observer within knowing itself, kind of a microcosm of the macro.
What you are feeling in an emotional sense is the energy of experience.
The thinker is perhaps the ego? as i feel the knower is the observer(God spark within us).
That is the source we all share whether or not aware. (just my opinion)
The memories from past lives do live on at times, perhaps at the cellular level which would explain strong connections with people/places/eras in time.
Just my two cents! Great thread as i look forward to seeing other's views.

breath
18-01-2012, 02:36 PM

Perhaps God or whatever name you choose, created itself in the sense of wanting to experience itself through infinate ways without judgement. So what started as nothing was actually everything but did not have a way to observe itself as it already was all that is. So it began creating limitless experiences to know itself from all perspectives.

What is you, is the observer within knowing itself, kind of a microcosm of the macro.
The thinker is perhaps the ego? as i feel the knower is the observer(God spark within us).
The memories from past lives do live on at times, perhaps at the cellular level which would explain strong connections with people/places/eras in time.

Great response :D

Solace733
18-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Great response :D

Thank you!:D

Saspian
21-01-2012, 02:26 AM
What is the universe?.. There's stars and stuff in it, but what I mean is why is it?..

Why isn't there nothing?.. What changed, or was there ever nothing?

I'm in it, and so are you... And while we both share the same experience as I as the me in us is different. You see out of your eyes, and think with your brain, and I do the same with mine and we don't share it. But we definately share something.

so what is 'me'?

When I feel, what is feeling?

Thinking, like I'm doing right now... I don't know who's thinking it - who's the reciever and the giver of this inner voice?...

Like an eye trying to see itself, or a person trying to stand face to face with himself.

I just can't see me, don't know where it is. I'm like light, going away from the source.

But what is that source we all share?

is it just a part in my brain?.. What is this sense of myself.

Maybe it's god, it's a unifying factor in all of life - therefore maybe it is life itself. All of life appears in forms of points of references in a universe - things that have subjective experiences according to what parts of their brain are active.

But what is this 'me'ness that's recieving the results of the brain?

Life itself, the true miracle. A subtle reality which we all carry, and which manifested in a world once - and if the universe can do something one, it can do it again just as easily... So I can experience another self, not exactly me but the same observer will surely one day exist, and I'll have a self again without any memories. Because those memories were in the brain that'd died.

What're your answers to the question being asked by this?

thoughts on reincarnation, god, self, personal identity, persona and subjective and objective realities. All my favorite topics :D lol

please add your thoughts, ideas and follow ons from this. Just a nice dance of minds we can have together on these topics. :smile:

Thanks, Breath.
This is the ultimate and most inadequately answered question on this planet......maybe other planets also.

All of the isms and ologies provide us with answers positing higher sources to whom we can turn, but what are the quintessential bona fides of these higher beings. Essentially we intuit more than the finite secular world which we inhabit.

When it comes to cosmic meanings, let alone higher moralities, we can only grope for hidden possibilities. I have been groping through a lot of faiths for a long time; it is better to ponder, in my view, than allign unless you feel really happy about that alignment.

Good luck in your spiritual journey.:dontknow:

breath
21-01-2012, 12:49 PM
This is the ultimate and most inadequately answered question on this planet......maybe other planets also.

All of the isms and ologies provide us with answers positing higher sources to whom we can turn, but what are the quintessential bona fides of these higher beings. Essentially we intuit more than the finite secular world which we inhabit.

When it comes to cosmic meanings, let alone higher moralities, we can only grope for hidden possibilities. I have been groping through a lot of faiths for a long time; it is better to ponder, in my view, than allign unless you feel really happy about that alignment.

Good luck in your spiritual journey.:dontknow:

You seem to be under the impression I'm looking for an answer. If I wanted an answer I'd get one - this is just here to enjoy thinking. I guess people don't like thinking with spirituality, it makes them have to get rid of the beliefs they cling to like babies with teddies.

Miss Hepburn
21-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Hope this helps someone:

Meher Baba:

The Lover and the Beloved

God is Love. And Love must love. And to love there
must be a Beloved. But since God is Existence infinite
and eternal there is no one for Him to love but Himself.
as the Beloved whom He as the Lover imagines He
loves.

Beloved and Lover implies separation. And separation
creates longing; and longing causes search. And the
wider and the more intense the search the greater the
separation and the more terrible the longing.
When longing is most intense separation is complete,
and the purpose of separation, which was that Love
might experience Itself as Lover and Beloved is fulfilled;
and union follows. And when union is attained, the Lover
knows that he himself was all along the Beloved whom he
loved and desired union with; and that all the impossible
situations that he overcame were obstacles which he
himself had placed in the path to himself.

To attain union is so impossibly difficult because it is
impossible to become what you already are! Union is
nothing other than knowledge of oneself as the Only One.

From The Everything and the Nothing, Chapter One

Miss Hepburn
21-01-2012, 05:20 PM
... I guess people don't like thinking with spirituality, it makes them have to get rid of the beliefs they cling to like babies with teddies.

What a presumptuous thing to say.
Shame on you.
I for one am not going to let you get away with that remark.
Sorry, if this offends anyone.

Miss Hepburn
21-01-2012, 05:24 PM

Wow, this is excellent - hate to see you on coffee - you could be an Einstein!!!
:wink:

Solace733
21-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Wow, this is excellent - hate to see you on coffee - you could be an Einstein!!!
:wink:

That made me smile and laugh, thank you. Although, i am sure these ideas have been mentioned before in one way or another so mine are nothing new, but thanks for the humble moment:redface: :smile:

Saspian
02-02-2012, 05:23 AM
You seem to be under the impression I'm looking for an answer. If I wanted an answer I'd get one - this is just here to enjoy thinking. I guess people don't like thinking with spirituality, it makes them have to get rid of the beliefs they cling to like babies with teddies.
Enjoy your pondering; hopefully you won't come up with too substantive an answer to spoil things.........