PDA

View Full Version : Oracle cards VS Runes ?

Adrienne
18-01-2012, 04:09 AM
If you use both, do you have a preference ? Using oracle cards or runes ?

Can one ask the same question to both ? Or does one have to phrase the questions differently for each ?

Which one would you say is easier ? or does this depend on the individual ?

I have used the oracle cards and I want to learn to use the runes.

Dream Angel xx

green
18-01-2012, 07:52 PM
sometimes i mix tarot and runes, why not? i find it very helping and supporting.

G

Adrienne
18-01-2012, 08:12 PM
sometimes i mix tarot and runes, why not? i find it very helping and supporting.

G

did I say there was something wrong with mixing the two ? I am just curious if people have a preference, or if they mix them. Nice idea to mix ! :smile:

Mind's Eye
18-01-2012, 08:39 PM
It's totally okay to ask the same question to both... This also helps you check your answers to really important questions. You would be surprised how many times two oracles will agree and give almost the same exact advise....... And for me, I like runes and cards. I go with what I feel drawn to at the moment.

Adrienne
18-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Thanks Mind's Eye, I like the idea of asking the same question to both, to see if there is a confirmation of sorts on the answers. Amazes me when there is agreement with different divination tools.

Yes, of course, on the going with what you are drawn to at the moment. Like choosing different oracle card decks. Sometimes I have some decks that just aren't speaking to me and it seems I use the same decks day after day, then one day, for some reason, I reach for a different deck.

green
23-01-2012, 10:19 AM
did I say there was something wrong with mixing the two ? I am just curious if people have a preference, or if they mix them. Nice idea to mix ! :smile:

the why not was meant to why not learn it anyway.. sorry i was not clear :) and btw, some people think it is not right to mix..

i can only say for myself, that i learnt over the years many things some i like more then others, but i guess which you'd like more you would know only if you try...
btw, runes are more abstract then cards as they are symbols and not an image, but after a while it just started to make sense as the card's images do.

G

Adrienne
23-01-2012, 01:18 PM
thanks green, sorry for my confusion

Dream Angel xx

green
23-01-2012, 01:23 PM
sorry it is me not being clear, sometimes i think faster then i write and have half of what i mean and connecting sentences ...sorry

G

Adrienne
23-01-2012, 01:25 PM
at times, I have heard there can be an advantage to what you just described :D can't remember where I heard it ~

green
23-01-2012, 01:29 PM
please tell me as it is very frustrating especially when one tries to write and deliver some meaning as well...:confused:
the funny thing is that i often do editing work -helping others to make clear their writings..but when it comes to my own writing, gerrrrrrrrr:icon_frown:

G

Adrienne
23-01-2012, 01:35 PM
I have been told on occasion that I start speaking in the middle of a sentence, seems perfectly clear to me as I am continuing with my thoughts, just speaking them outloud... totally confuses the other person, lol ! Now sometimes I do it just for fun ! :D

hmm, maybe you need more practice with your own writing ? LOL ! I haven't seen you posting much lately

green
23-01-2012, 01:47 PM
busy doing construction work.. not sure what got over me to do renovations myself... i should had ask my cards first...

G

Adrienne
25-01-2012, 06:44 AM
renovations work can be quite challenging , good luck with it !

green
25-01-2012, 09:39 PM
challenging,, that's the word. but you know what, looking at the results knowing i did it, makes me happy.

G

Adrienne
25-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Congratulations ! :hug3: Then it really makes it special, knowing you did the work yourself and such a fine job of it.