PDA

View Full Version : Embracing the light and darkness

silent whisper
18-01-2012, 01:26 AM
In my quest to become whole, my journey was one of letting go of my complete self as I knew it. The journey of letting go of every aspect of self that you know of you was at some points extremely difficult. The intensity of that soul level healing was pretty much as deep as it sounds. In those final weeks where I had to let go of the core of who I was. I was very fearful. I was afraid. Everything I thought I knew, I knew nothing in that way anymore. It was confusing as well as quite disheartening. I tried to hold on for like forever. It was a very intense struggle. I fought with all my might an in the process my fears were amplified ten fold. At that level, ones fears and the light merging as one, becomes almost like power so strong, you have no where to go with any of it. It was debilitating and I didnt sleep for weeks on end. When I revisit this space, I realize that a great deal of this space is playing out around me right now. The experience that I had to walk through, I see now why it was to be that way. I was so angry with spirit and my guides for such a long time. I was crushed over and over, but I had to be, to let go fully. There was no other way through in their eyes. The deep core fears were awakened, it was time to let go of the old me.

When I look back at that manifestation time. It was out of control. I was out of control..I was letting go of control fully. To fully trust in me, trust in spirit. At the time I couldnt see this. I had to integrate it all. As I began to come out the other side. I saw life with new eyes. I had heard of people feeling the oneness, getting glimpses of the oneness but to reside fully in the oneness means that all life is valid including me, I have the eyes of spirit now. And in my seeing, I see it all..there is no seperation even in my space of sharing. I may not understand what comes through me, but I trust that it is for the greater good of all and I go where I am guided go through spirit.

The last thread, I didnt know where I was heading.......but in this I know why this one was needed.

Just back to add. Fear has a way of sneaking in in the most unsuspecting places...sometimes the layers over those fears play out in many ways. The songs we hear, the melodies can bring about great change for ones own empowerment. All music opens the heart to let go..you just have to find the right one to bring that out...of you.

TzuJanLi
18-01-2012, 01:43 AM
Greetings..

We are always both Light and Dark.. most favor the Light, or claim that they do, i favor neither and as such embrace both.. in that time when i tried to hold the Light and shun the dark, i 'felt' the natural imbalance.. what i learned was that to embrace our darkness is wisdom, to live it is enlightenment.. not to embrace or live it completely, only in its own time, but more than that.. understand that 'light and dark' are not values of right/wrong, or good/evil.. they are natural conditions, contrasting principles of a greater 'whole process'.. 'light/dark' as value system metaphors, have corrupted the natural understandings of the human experience into word-games and mind-play..

Be well..

silent whisper
18-01-2012, 02:00 AM
Greetings..

We are always both Light and Dark.. most favor the Light, or claim that they do, i favor neither and as such embrace both.. in that time when i tried to hold the Light and shun the dark, i 'felt' the natural imbalance.. what i learned was that to embrace our darkness is wisdom, to live it is enlightenment.. not to embrace or live it completely, only in its own time, but more than that.. understand that 'light and dark' are not values of right/wrong, or good/evil.. they are natural conditions, contrasting principles of a greater 'whole process'.. 'light/dark' as value system metaphors, have corrupted the natural understandings of the human experience into word-games and mind-play..

Be well..

Yes the balance within allows for the middle path to emerge..the seeing as it is for me is both sides...one doesnt overpower the other hence spirits eyes...see it all the whole......As I continue to give my space and share, I am seeing that contrast in my own space emerging. Sometimes that initial space where I have to see through the eyes of darkness for one carrying just eyes of light...can be quite difficult to embrace and vice versa. I think today I am feeling that space of how it felt for me......when all I could see was light.....yet it was only because I couldnt see my own darkness..fully

we are all connected, every aspect of us all.......the light and dark as one...fear and love as one.

BlueSky
18-01-2012, 02:14 AM
I have heard it said recently that fear and joy are, at their root, the same 'raw energy'.
I hear that.........

Fear is raw energy...fear of fear is something less.

Blessings, James

silent whisper
18-01-2012, 02:23 AM
Yes I have felt fully the intensity of both in my chest, the energy amplified through connection.....they do feel the same in that way.

yes the fear of fear is another deep layer. I was afraid to feel fear fully. When I did eventually, I realized that my physical body had adjusted to avoiding the fullness of that feeling....As I let go that intensity to me of feeling the physical force of it was quite astounding.

BlueSky
18-01-2012, 02:30 AM
Yes I have felt fully the intensity of both in my chest, the energy amplified through connection.....they do feel the same in that way.

yes the fear of fear is another deep layer. I was afraid to feel fear fully. When I did eventually, I realized that my physical body had adjusted to avoiding the fullness of that feeling....As I let go that intensity to me of feeling the physical force of it was quite astounding.

Very interesting that you noticed this physically. I'll have to pay closer attention...:smile:

Blessings, James

Gem
18-01-2012, 02:36 AM
It's a principle and a process at once, so when the answer is given that only distracts from the process, but people want to put a finger on it, make it an exact thing.

What would I know anyway? I'm just a thought of myself, and as such come in two parts, the whole and the part, the dark and the light, the actual and the image, but the inbetweeness exists, and there are no ends to the extremities.

Even in human nature, every human has a dark side and a light side, and we are capable of the most horrendous things and also the most loving things, need I state the obvious.

So God led Moses by angelic light to the promised land, where he himself did not enter.

Swami Chihuahuananda
18-01-2012, 03:05 AM
Hermetic Principle of Polarity , seeing apparent opposites as being not conflicting phenomenon , but rather ... well, here's the whole bull :

IV. THE PRINCIPLE OF POLARITY.

"Everything is Dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites; like and unlike are the same; opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree; extremes meet; all truths are but half-truths; all paradoxes may be reconciled." — The Kybalion.

This Principle embodies the truth that "everything is dual"; "everything has two poles"; "everything has its pair of opposites," all of which were old Hermetic axioms. It explains the old paradoxes, that have perplexed so many, which have been stated as follows: "Thesis and anti-thesis are identical in nature, but different in degree"; "opposites are the same, differing only in degree"; "the pairs of opposites may be reconciled"; "extremes meet"; "everything is and isn't, at the same time"; "all truths are but half-truths"; "every truth is half-false"; "there are two sides to everything," etc., etc., etc. It explains that in everything there are two poles, or opposite aspects, and that "opposites" are really only the two extremes of the same thing, with many varying degrees between them. To illustrate: Heat and Cold, although "opposites," are really the same thing, the differences consisting merely of degrees of the same thing. Look at your thermometer and see if you can discover where "heat" terminates and "cold" begins! There is no such thing as "absolute heat" or "absolute cold" — the two terms "heat" and "cold" simply indicate varying degrees of the same thing, and that "same thing" which manifests as "heat" and "cold" is merely a form, variety, and rate of Vibration. So "heat" and "cold" are simply the "two poles" of that which we call "Heat" — and the phenomena attendant thereupon are manifestations of the Principle of Polarity. The same Principle manifests in the case of "Light and Darkness," which are the same thing, the difference consisting of varying degrees between the two poles of the phenomena. Where does "darkness" leave off, and "light" begin? What is the difference between "Large and Small"? Between "Hard and Soft"? Between "Black and White"? Between "Sharp and Dull"? Between "Noise and Quiet"? Between "High and Low"? Between "Positive and Negative"? The Principle of Polarity explains these paradoxes, and no other Principle can supersede it. The same Principle operates on the Mental Plane. Let us take a radical and extreme example — that of "Love and Hate," two mental states apparently totally different. And yet there are degrees of hate and degrees of Love, and a middle point in which we use the terms "Like or Dislike," which shade into each other so gradually that sometimes we are at a loss to know whether we "like" or "dislike" or "neither." And all are simply degrees of the same thing, as you will see if you will but think a moment. And, more than this (and considered of more importance by the Hermetists), it is possible to change the vibrations of hate to the vibrations of Love, in one's own mind, and in the minds of others. Many of you, who read these lines, have had personal experiences of the involuntary rapid transition from Love to Hate, and the reverse, in your own ease and that of others. And you will therefore realize the possibility of this being accomplished by the use of the Will, by means of the Hermetic formulas. "Good and Evil" are but the poles of the same thing, and the Hermetist understands the art of transmuting Evil into Good, by means of an application of the Principle of Polarity. In short, the "Art of Polarization" becomes a phase of "Mental Alchemy" known and practiced by the ancient and modern Hermetic Masters. An understanding of the Principle will enable one to change his own Polarity, as well as that of others, if he will devote the time and study necessary to master the art. "

Emmalevine
18-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Great post. It is terrifying to reach the depths of who we are and embrace the dark as well as the light, not knowing where we're heading...but the benefits are enormous, as you've found.

I'm slowly starting to accept the qualities that I deem less than good, accept them with non judgement and compassion, and in doing so I can see that everyone is functioning according to their level of being or consciousness. With awareness I believe it becomes impossible to judge others for their thoughts, actions or behaviour...because from where they stand, whether we percieve it dark or light, it is right.

BlueSky
18-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Great post. It is terrifying to reach the depths of who we are and embrace the dark as well as the light, not knowing where we're heading...but the benefits are enormous, as you've found.

I'm slowly starting to accept the qualities that I deem less than good, accept them with non judgement and compassion, and in doing so I can see that everyone is functioning according to their level of being or consciousness. With awareness I believe it becomes impossible to judge others for their thoughts, actions or behaviour...because from where they stand, whether we percieve it dark or light, it is right.

Yeh...me too.....................giving it all space to be is where its at and in fact, I find it also helps to bring it all into awareness.
Almost as if giving it space to be dissolves it in infinite space....within anyways.
And within is without...........:smile:
IMO

Blessings, James

Sarian
18-01-2012, 01:55 PM
How can you say you let go, if you still experience hurt, pain? I reference being hurt by another person. If you have 'let go' it seems that you would not have been affected.

What really does
becoming whole mean?

Emmalevine
18-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Sarian

For me, it means accepting ALL of me, not just the qualities I like about myself or wish I had. It means accepting my truth, even if the truth stinks. If I can't let go or something or someone, I accept that is where I am at this moment in time. I accept the entirety of my experience because in doing that we become free. Even if we are in terrible grief or experiencing inner conflict, we can be mindful of those aspects of ourselves (which is just the mind/thoughts) and enbrace them all as part of the experience.

As regards letting go, in my experience hurt is a valid aspect. Letting go DOES hurt. Accept the hurt, anger or whatever else you may feel in relation to the situation as the truth of where you are RIGHT now. This will set you free. Fighting against any feeling or situation labels it as a enemy and keeps you stuck in separateness whereas all our experiences can be given acceptance and compassion.

Jyotir
18-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Hi silent whisper,

Duality is no doubt an attribute of our existence - universally and individually.
It could also be said that duality is apparent because of that existence.
In existence there is a fundamental ignorance of Truth that is part and parcel of all Earthly experience.
Matter/Nature is itself a profound Ignorance, nescience, inconscience of its own true Origin and Essence.

Since the Eternal Immortal Infinite Self is All Consciousness (of which we are part and parcel), what we call 'darkness' is therefore not an 'absolute', not "the opposite of light", but the surface appearance of the physical world in which that Consciousness has involved itself into ignorance of itself. However, this ignorance is a temporary attribute of a process, a surface appearance and a transient condition. What we call 'darkness' is simply much less, very limited 'light'.

There is still a Transcendent aspect of Being concealed within that 'darkness' (and also containing it), which supersedes the apparent dualities of 'light and dark', subsuming them both within That which is beyond either and both - and it is that which is the basis for the impulse and process of evolution which is effected by that very concealment, eventually leading to full realization which is full awareness of Truth. iow's - Darkness is an 'instrument' of/for the emergence of Light. The process of life and the evolution of consciousness would not be necessary, possible or available if there was no ignorant condition to continuously evolve by, through and out of.

It is an evolution of the Transcendent within and through the Ignorance (darkness) which is the process of Life, and the practical reason why darkness needs to be accepted (not glorified), is for its transformation into a Consciousness which is aware of itself in its most complete form, and not only its most limited form(s). The most complete being the Absolute Transcendent in which there is no darkness. eg.,

One cannot transform what one does not accept as part of oneself. However the acceptance of darkness as a static eternal absolute is a denial of a process just as evident as duality, but which incessantly reconciles and transcends it - and we may be the beneficiaries of that process - especially if we utilize it consciously and deliberately.

~ J

silent whisper
18-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Hi silent whisper,

Duality is no doubt an attribute of our existence - universally and individually.
It could also be said that duality is apparent because of that existence.
In existence there is a fundamental ignorance of Truth that is part and parcel of all Earthly experience.
Matter/Nature is itself a profound Ignorance, nescience, inconscience of its own true Origin and Essence.

Since the Eternal Immortal Infinite Self is All Consciousness (of which we are part and parcel), what we call 'darkness' is therefore not an 'absolute', not "the opposite of light", but the surface appearance of the physical world in which that Consciousness has involved itself into ignorance of itself. However, this ignorance is a temporary attribute of a process, a surface appearance and a transient condition. What we call 'darkness' is simply much less, very limited 'light'.

There is still a Transcendent aspect of Being concealed within that 'darkness' (and also containing it), which supersedes the apparent dualities of 'light and dark', subsuming them both within That which is beyond either and both - and it is that which is the basis for the impulse and process of evolution which is effected by that very concealment, eventually leading to full realization which is full awareness of Truth. iow's - Darkness is an 'instrument' of/for the emergence of Light. The process of life and the evolution of consciousness would not be necessary, possible or available if there was no ignorant condition to continuously evolve by, through and out of.

It is an evolution of the Transcendent within and through the Ignorance (darkness) which is the process of Life, and the practical reason why darkness needs to be accepted (not glorified), is for its transformation into a Consciousness which is aware of itself in its most complete form, and not only its most limited form(s). The most complete being the Absolute Transcendent in which there is no darkness. eg.,

One cannot transform what one does not accept as part of oneself. However the acceptance of darkness as a static eternal absolute is a denial of a process just as evident as duality, but which incessantly reconciles and transcends it - and we may be the beneficiaries of that process - especially if we utilize it consciously and deliberately.

~ J

I felt today I would just highlight..some really excellent words that hold that resonation of truth..