PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Residual Energy

blackraven
15-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Not sure if this is in the right area as it’s not about current paranormal events. I have always been able to sense residual energy in every location I have ever lived in, especially the last old home I lived in for 16 years. It had a lot of history and was quite haunted, but I digress. Anyway, I live in a home now that I cannot sense that anyone ever lived in at all and yet it is over 50 years old. I know that previous occupants of buildings don’t have to be dead for there to be residual energy left behind. It’s as if I walked into a brand new house with no history.

How is this possible that no history can be felt in a building? Is it me that has changed? Other sensitivities are the same psychically, but after first moving into the house I had to put my dog down and this remains to be a traumatic event and a great loss in my heart. Something in me turned off that day and has left me numb and ambivalent about this house. Am I angry with this location? Sorry I’m mixing residual energy with dog loss, but they feel connected in some way to me.

Or is it merely the case that some buildings just don’t carry residual energy strong enough to pick up on?

Blackraven

Enya
15-01-2012, 10:52 PM
While it is possible that the house has little or no residual energy, I suspect that you have closed off that sensitivity because of the loss of your dog (sympathies there - still grieve over our dog, a year ago) and perhaps you have associated the house and move/change with that massive emotional loss. Until you begin to heal inwardly and open doors again, you probably won't sense anything much from your home.

sesheta
16-01-2012, 06:34 PM
I agree - I think maybe your system is just "overloaded" right now with too much emotion, so your sensitivities may have temporarily turned off. I wouldn't worry too much about it...just let yourself feel what you need to feel for now; when the time is right and your system is ready to handle more again, you'll probably start picking up things...my sympathies over the loss of your dog - I have owned several cats over the years, and have lost my share of them...it is never easy.

blackraven
17-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Thank you both Enya and sesheta for your input. Sounds like you're both in agreement that emotions are blocking my ability to pick up on residual energy. In many ways I left my heart at my old home and have not given myself over to this new place I live. I love the location, but the walls do not speak to me. The other thing I suppose that bothers me is that there is none of my own family history here. I don't like the idea of starting over. Even when my son comes home to visit I feel there is something missing for him because he didn't grow up here. I know I need to embrace this place fully before it speaks to me. It will happen in time. Thanks again for your input.

Blackraven