PDA

View Full Version : The Mental Cause

Shabby
14-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Louise Hay for those that have not heard of her is a Metaphysical Teacher. She wrote the book " Heal Your Body": The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them.

It was my first book on healing that I read and identified with. Even though she uses and teaches affirmation I have been able to see people heal simply by them looking at the mental cause as written in her book and changing their perspective.

Example:
My son, (at the time, fifteen years of age), came home one day from school with pink eye. I knew there was something he did not want to see. I sat down with him and talked. After cutting through the "not so important stuff," he mentioned that another student challenged him to a fight. We talked about different options, such as fighting, changing schools, getting the school involved, ignoring it, or letting go - and the consequences each action would have. He decided to let go. But how do you let go? I guided my son to think about the reasons this boy felt provoked to fight. The reason really did not matter. My son started to feel compassion for the other kid. The healing came through, and my son went the next day to school without any sign of pink eye. My son was put that very day together with the other child on the same basketball team. They played a great game, won, and became friends.

Silver
14-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Simply awesome.

iDreamCatcher
20-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Wow, lovely and inspiring story. Thank you for sharing!

Shabby
20-01-2012, 03:07 PM
I have many stories to share about Louise Hay's book and why I feel it is so profound.

When I was a little kid I was sexually molested during the ages 9-11. At the same time I had developed a bad kidney disease and doctors were considering removing one of my kidneys. I was in and out of the hospital and the doctors found out what I had been hiding. When they confronted my mother she immedialty removed me from the situation and I healed completly without any medication or operation.

When I first picked up Louise Hay's book...I remember standing in the book store and looking through the pages I read under Kidney Disease the mental cause being shame and acting like a little kid. Yes, I was a kid back then but I also was acting like a little kid as I did not feel the right to speak up and say no against an adult. I also felt great shame. Reading this and seeing what had happened to me, I knew that there was a connection between illness/disease because I expereinced it before ever reading her book.