PDA

View Full Version : My roommate things we have a ghost

sunburst
12-01-2012, 04:49 PM
I moved in with a friend of mine since August. We have been good friends for 10 years, and I knew that she always was into ghost or haunting type beliefs. This is not usually my thing, however. I do believe to an extent, but for the most part, I remain indifferent. She always watches Ghost Hunters, and at first when I'd watch with her, I got creeped out. But then I got used to it and I'd watch with her sometimes.

But from when we moved in, she kept saying she "sees" things in the apartment, hears things, her door opens and closes on it's own. I did not believe her, because there was always a reasonable explanation for the door rattling and closing...it's called the WIND. She kept denying it, saying only the bathroom window was open in her room, or that because she has a heavy shoe rack on her door, how could it move so easily. But, I know the wind is powerful, and the way structures are made, it's common sense that things will vibrate, shake, make noise, etc, with the weather. We are also on the 3rd floor, which is the top floor of the building, so I'm sure we are subject to more wind issues.

Anyway, this past week, I have witnessed three instances with her where it sounded like something fell on the floor. First time we were both in the living room, we both heard a tin bowl fall in the kitchen. We figured, we'll get it later. She went to the kitchen a bit later and then realized, nothing was on the floor. Personally, I didn't believe her, that she didn't just pick it up, but I went along with her. Another night, again we are in the living room watching TV. We both hear something fall in the kitchen. I go to investigate, and inside the laundry room, the cap had fall off the detergent bottle. She swears it was securely on, and nothing could have made it just fall off like that. OK I admit, that was weird. And lastly, again, we were in the living room. I was walking to the kitchen to get something and heard something fall on the floor (no carpet). I turned and looked to see what fell, it sounded like the swiffer mop I just passed by, but it was still standing. She was like, yep I heard that too. It definitely sounded right there in our apartment, not from a neighbors.

So, I guess I could come around to the fact that we have a spirit. Though, I can't shake the feeling that she is just trying to make me believe it. Or that she is just wanting to believe it herself. She also tells me last night, that one night she felt a hand on her throat, and she just calmly "told" the spirit it's OK that they are here, as long as they don't act up like that. And she said it went away.

When I watch Ghost Hunters, I notice that the spirits always do the same things, the investigators catch it somehow and the owner confirms that to be the disturbance they heard. So, if we have a spirit, why is it doing random things? Wouldn't it do the same thing over and over? Also, I don't understand how a spirit could make noise anyway. Footsteps are made by a human body, which a spirit no longer is inside. Same thing with talking, or moving. So my belief is that spirits that you can hear are always doing it willingly and knowingly. Otherwise, how could one hear footsteps and voices from a being that does not have a physical presence?

I don't know what to believe anymore, but I know I don't want to be scared in my own apartment.

Maynah
13-01-2012, 03:41 AM
I don't know why but I'm picking up the colour yellow and a brown teddy bear. It could be attached to this spirit or your friend.

There are earth bound spirits that don't know they're dead or don't want to acknowledge it so they will continue to go about their business. You will hear footsteps, voices etc. depending on how in tune you are with spirit. I'm not that knowledgeable on the theories behind it so hopefully those members that are can help you further.