PDA

View Full Version : Path and Goal

Shabby
10-01-2012, 02:39 PM
We have heard of many paths but are all goals the same? For me I was seeking answers ...or so it seemed. I searched for something but did not know what...and I found....but I don't know what.

As my experience was one of a mystic, my path started in reading books on esoteric but could not identify myself with them. Then I went onto reading books by Louise Hay and became a "positive thinker" and a vegetarian, health conscious and into herbs and crystals. Then I moved here to America with my three kids to "escape" a 10 year abusive marriage and was just happy to be alive....that lasted 3 years. Then, mediumship opened up to me and shortly after physic ability and healing power. At that time I started meditating for the first time in my life. At that time I received a lot of spiritual insights in meditation and later in waking state, which is why I stopped meditating. Then my path lead me within...within my own being. I became aware of my beliefs, my thoughts, my judgements, what I was aware of and how I felt about that and also questioned why I felt about that the way I felt about something. I started questioning everything and started to discern between the real and the unreal...and realized then that I myself was that which was real.

What is has been/is your path and where do you hope you will end up? Meaning what is your goal of being on that path?

A peaceful mind.
10-01-2012, 04:03 PM
First thing that came to my mind when I read “path and goal” was “intention and will”, things that are for me just as important. When I started to learn working with different kinds of energy, I became aware that it was not only the path or the goal that were the important, but the intention and the will to pursuit the goals I made was just as important.

After many years of practice I also learned the importance of knowing who I am, and why I act as I act? Maybe this sounds stupid but today I know what I have said things and why, I am a hundred percent sure if I said something and how I said it. This knowledge has also helped me understand my many previous lives. Not saying I had the same personality or ego but some of the goals I had, are much the same in one way or another in this life - The will and determination to reach my goals and the humble and loving side of me to help others while pursuing my goals have made me the person I am today.

The goals we make, who and why do we make these goals?

I have used a lot of time understanding my own motives and changed the way I am, though hard work and listening to what others had to say about how I am. I have reflected a lot on how people saw me and what I have been told through meditation.

One last thing I had to work with was to create the balance between the male and female side of me. To accept, the negative and positive sides of both genders. I have learned as a male to use the positive female energies and accept them as important as the male energies. I have learned to accept and work with it rather that project and reject what I am.

My goal today is to fully accept that there is no duality in life, there are no opposite sides everything has a higher state that can’t be described with words. Knowing this is one thing but to fully understand this is another………….

Well I have still a long way to go and my path is not near to end now……..

I am still humble and pray for others, patient and determined that this goal will be for filed one day…

With peace and love to you all

Yours

A Peaceful Mind

Shabby
10-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Thanks for sharing Peaceful mind. May I ask how long your journey has been?

A peaceful mind.
10-01-2012, 06:52 PM
I started when I were 10 “when I opened my Crown Chakra”, but had small spiritual experiences before that.

To find your true Self...you have to discipline your mind to become whole, with what can not be described in words

Yours

A Peaceful Mind

Heart
10-01-2012, 08:00 PM
when i first started upon 'a' path it was one of an inner journey brought on by external events, at that time that was when was 4, so in retrospect, i started this inner path at a very early stage,

i was born into a very unstable situation, i spent all my young life just trying to phisicly survive, the ONLY comfort i had was an inner shrine i could go to when i was used and abused, all else 'out there' was like a sureal reality,

it didnt seem to matter what was happening, where i was, what i did, where i was going, all that mattered was trying to keep an even keel with an inner peace that i was increasingly drawn too every time i was trying to escape a reality far from ideal

where am i now? where do i see it going?
now.... im still waiting, waiting for something to happen, it may never happen what ever it is im waiting for, but that doesnt matter because what im waiting for FEELS right so im inclined to remain patient for it to reveal itself to me, in some way im allready what it is im waiting for, or perhaps im looking into a mirror and seeing a reflection of it,

where is this path going?
i cant tell, or really know, but for the fact i still keep on looking further into the horizon, climbing ever higher realms of understanding, the problem with being so high up in a spiritual sence is that its very quite and still up there, no one is there to converse the experiences, or if there are they too are being that which is by nature a tranquil state of mind

Seawolf
10-01-2012, 08:09 PM
To find your true Self...you have to discipline your mind to become whole, with what can not be described in words

My goal is also to realize my true Self through discipline. I don't think of it as discipline though, but as loving all the junk in me that comes up from my past and who knows where else.

Shabby
10-01-2012, 08:30 PM
when i first started upon 'a' path it was one of an inner journey brought on by external events, at that time that was when was 4, so in retrospect, i started this inner path at a very early stage,

i was born into a very unstable situation, i spent all my young life just trying to phisicly survive, the ONLY comfort i had was an inner shrine i could go to when i was used and abused, all else 'out there' was like a sureal reality,

it didnt seem to matter what was happening, where i was, what i did, where i was going, all that mattered was trying to keep an even keel with an inner peace that i was increasingly drawn too every time i was trying to escape a reality far from ideal

where am i now? where do i see it going?
now.... im still waiting, waiting for something to happen, it may never happen what ever it is im waiting for, but that doesnt matter because what im waiting for FEELS right so im inclined to remain patient for it to reveal itself to me, in some way im allready what it is im waiting for, or perhaps im looking into a mirror and seeing a reflection of it,

where is this path going?
i cant tell, or really know, but for the fact i still keep on looking further into the horizon, climbing ever higher realms of understanding, the problem with being so high up in a spiritual sence is that its very quite and still up there, no one is there to converse the experiences, or if there are they too are being that which is by nature a tranquil state of mind

I hear you : )

Shabby
10-01-2012, 08:33 PM
My goal is also to realize my true Self through discipline. I don't think of it as discipline though, but as loving all the junk in me that comes up from my past and who knows where else.

I love that perspective of "ridding the junk of the past" as you also posted it on the other thread. How long have you been on your path...if I may ask?

silent whisper
10-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Born into fear............die into love.....here and now.

Shabby
10-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Short and sweeeeet : )

Seawolf
11-01-2012, 04:03 PM
I love that perspective of "ridding the junk of the past" as you also posted it on the other thread. How long have you been on your path...if I may ask?
Thanks! It's been a few months now. It's one of those paths that have a goal, but I think it's mostly about the journey.

Shabby
11-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Thanks! It's been a few months now. It's one of those paths that have a goal, but I think it's mostly about the journey.

Wow...you have great insights for only being on a conscious path for a few months.

Seawolf
11-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Wow...you have great insights for only being on a conscious path for a few months.
There's been a lot of stuff I've lived through leading up to me learning about this. I have a lot of junk in me so it's great to finally have tools to work on it.