PDA

View Full Version : Was it an Angel or Ghost?

Rue
07-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Hello there,

This happens to me when I was very young and have always wondered what it was. To this day I where ear plug when I sleep for fear I will hear it again.

When I was about 6 I slept on the top bunk. For some reason, one night, I decided I wanted all of my stuffed animals to surround me on the bed (not sure if this is relevant, but I thought I would give every detail). So I fell into what I thought would be a peaceful sleep, only to be awaken by a voice above my right ear repeating the word "holy" over and over. I was on my side, but from what I could see out of the corner of my eye, there was nothing. I decided at this point to put the covers over my head. Whatever it was stopped so I pulled the covers off again, only for it to start repeating the word "holy" again at a faster rate. Being a 6 years old I was so scared that I plugged my ears and ran to my parents room.

Has anyone had something like this happen to them or know if that was and Angel or a Spirit?

Any information would be wonderful! Thank you!

Peace,
Rue

Angelz
08-01-2012, 12:40 AM
It was definitely not an Angel. Angels give you a feeling of warmth and love and light and all children can see their angels because they have not been exposed to adult prejudices yet. I am not sure what it was but I can say with 100% that if you ever feel or see an angel's presence you will not be scared...you will be infused with love and warmth, a feeling of utter divine light.

Rue
08-01-2012, 10:10 PM
That is what I thought, but I am still so new to all of this. Thank you Angelz!

res
09-01-2012, 01:46 AM
Gday Rue,
This has happened to me and my wife many times.

On one occasion we were in a bath together after a ghost tour at Jenolan caves. We were staying in the old inn that was reputed to be haunted also. We heard a voice at he side of the bath that was very close and distinctly not coming from the other side of a wall.

Another time we were waiting to go into a ghost tour at Wivenhoe manor when my wife threw herself in to me like someone hit her or something. She was infact pulling away form a voice that yelled in her ear but no one was beside her.

Another occasion i was in bed in my wife just dosing off to sleep when i heard a loud voice in my ear that sounded very much like what you would hear from a possessed person in an exorcist movie in another language. It scared the hell out of me and i yelled out "what was that"? My Wife thought i was refering to the sound of feet dragging across the carpet from the door to my side of the bed. She thought it was our daughter but the door was closed and didnt open. I gained enough courage to leave the bed and checked on my 5yr old daughter that was sound asleep at the other end of the house.

During my very first meditation a loud very deep and powerful voice echoed through my ears that ended up being the greek name for Andrew.

Hard to say who was speaking to you based on a word but maybe it was introuducing itself as Holly or surname Horley?

As far a i beleive all beings that don't possess a physical body are spirit/etheric beings including those named as angels by the new religion.

Just a few examples to let you know you are not alone :smile: .

nightowl
09-01-2012, 02:00 AM
I am interested to know what spiritual influence was in your life at the age of 6? Did you attend church with your family or friends?

Rue
09-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Res- That was a great story! It is nice to know others have experienced similar situations.

Nighowl- I was at that time attending Catholic Church with my mother and would sometimes go to Lutheran Church when I stayed with my Grandparents. I remember not really understanding it, but finding the "action packed" and sometimes morbid stories in the bible fascinating. (I know it is kinda weird for a 6 year old to like sad stories better than the happy ones)

nightowl
09-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Nighowl- I was at that time attending Catholic Church with my mother and would sometimes go to Lutheran Church when I stayed with my Grandparents. I remember not really understanding it, but finding the "action packed" and sometimes morbid stories in the bible fascinating. (I know it is kinda weird for a 6 year old to like sad stories better than the happy ones)

Okay, thanks for clarifying that for me. IMO, if I may share it sounds as though your childhood experience with the Catholic church and your fascination with, the as you put it, the morbid side of it, maybe colored your imagination of what you experienced that night. Even if it was an angel you may not have realized it, and your view of things at that time turned it into a scary experience.

Have you had any other angels experiences since then?

Rue
10-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Thanks for your insight nightowl! That is starting to make sense. Since that night I have never had any other experiences with angels, but I have with ghosts.

nightowl
10-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Thanks for your insight nightowl! That is starting to make sense. Since that night I have never had any other experiences with angels, but I have with ghosts.

your welcome :hug3: Would you care to share some of your experiences? I would love to hear them...:smile:

Rue
10-01-2012, 09:23 PM
I would love to share my experiences with Ghosts.

My first experience was when I was around 13 and was having a sleepover in my parents basement. I remembering be woken up by what I thought was the entertainment center door closing. Then I felt this weird need to look at the stairs. That is when I saw the black, silhouetted figure of a young girl, about my size, sitting on the stairs. At this point I thought it was my friend, who was known to sleepwalk, but she was lying peacefully on her couch. I remember looking back over at the figure and then covering my head with the blanket (remembering back to my first story this made everything "go away" in my mind). I couldn't tell you how long I was under there or if I was even breathing, but when I finally emerged it was gone. To this day I haven't seen it again.

My other experience happened in college, so fairly recently. The school I went to was a very small, art college in the midwest. Our main building was in an old mansion which we all loved, especially on Halloween. A bunch of us student were at the Halloween party and decide to use a Ouija board to contact the many ghosts that inhabit the building. A friend of mine that had the idea is a skilled Ouija board user and made to take all the precautions of properly opening and closing the "portals." We decided to set up in the old darkroom since that is where most of the "hauntings" happen. After about 15 minutes of nothing happening, a lot of the "not so serious people" left and that is when things started happening. We were soon contact by an entity who's name was Henry. We asked him if he like the school here and he said NO. We asked if he liked the students, again he said NO. We asked if he would ever harm the students, again NO. We asked how many other spirits were there with him, he said 7. I can't remember the last question we asked, but I clearly remember the response. He began going back and forth between the letters H and Z and the T and Z slowly at first and then so fast we could barely keep our fingers on the pointer then it stopped and we couldn't get it to move again. We tried doing some research on the house, but since it was gifted to the college, we aren't able to contact the family.

nightowl
10-01-2012, 09:38 PM
I enjoyed reading those Rue, thanks for sharing them. If you don't mind me asking, is there a particular reason why you are asking about ghost and angels? Are you feeling a nudge in that area?

Rue
11-01-2012, 07:32 PM
I was merely just curious on what is was I had encountered in my childhood. I have always had a fascination with the supernatural, but never felt that I had the ability to channel and communicate with them. I am still really new to this, and have been learning that I can awaken my powers, so to speak, but I am having trouble figuring out where to start.

nightowl
11-01-2012, 07:47 PM
I was merely just curious on what is was I had encountered in my childhood. I have always had a fascination with the supernatural, but never felt that I had the ability to channel and communicate with them. I am still really new to this, and have been learning that I can awaken my powers, so to speak, but I am having trouble figuring out where to start.

I see...cool! Is there an area of spiritual abilities that you think you may have? Just starting out can be a little frustrating...have you had any other experiences, not necessarily ghost related but spiritual or supernatural? Sf is a great place to ask any questions you have...very often doing so will help bring some clarity as to what direction works for you...hope your journey goes well :smile:

A peaceful mind.
11-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Hello there,

This happens to me when I was very young and have always wondered what it was. To this day I where ear plug when I sleep for fear I will hear it again.

When I was about 6 I slept on the top bunk. For some reason, one night, I decided I wanted all of my stuffed animals to surround me on the bed (not sure if this is relevant, but I thought I would give every detail). So I fell into what I thought would be a peaceful sleep, only to be awaken by a voice above my right ear repeating the word "holy" over and over. I was on my side, but from what I could see out of the corner of my eye, there was nothing. I decided at this point to put the covers over my head. Whatever it was stopped so I pulled the covers off again, only for it to start repeating the word "holy" again at a faster rate. Being a 6 years old I was so scared that I plugged my ears and ran to my parents room.

Has anyone had something like this happen to them or know if that was and Angel or a Spirit?

Any information would be wonderful! Thank you!

Peace,
Rue

Lower spirits has its ways to make fun with us or try to scare us.
No positive spirit would do any harm to you or make fun with you, except if you asked for it.

Yours

A Peaceful mind

Rue
11-01-2012, 10:06 PM
I see...cool! Is there an area of spiritual abilities that you think you may have? Just starting out can be a little frustrating...have you had any other experiences, not necessarily ghost related but spiritual or supernatural? Sf is a great place to ask any questions you have...very often doing so will help bring some clarity as to what direction works for you...hope your journey goes well :smile:

I think the experience that sparked my interest into this spiritual investigation was after a recent Chakra balancing session. The woman I saw was a telepathic healer. During the session, I was able to feel energy running through my feet up to my head and back again. I could also feel my healer touching my head and my legs (with out actually touching me) and at one point could feel something, which felt like a basketball, being pulled from my stomach and out my throat. Tears were streaming down my face and I couldn't stop my self from smiling. :smile: After that day I have wanted nothing more then to learn all I could about all things spiritual!

I am not quite sure about abilities I may have. The only thing that really comes to mind is that I am very sensitive to people's energies. I can walk into a room and feel the energy before I even see the person. If the energy is negative enough I start to feel sick and anxious.

I am also a heavy dreamer with very vivid dreams.

I know that was a lot, but I don't want to leave any details out in case it can tell you and others something that I may not know about.

I also really appreciate all of your feedback nightowl! It has really been helpful!

Lower spirits has its ways to make fun with us or try to scare us.
No positive spirit would do any harm to you or make fun with you, except if you asked for it.

A peaceful mind- that is very interesting, thank you!

nightowl
11-01-2012, 11:06 PM
I think the experience that sparked my interest into this spiritual investigation was after a recent Chakra balancing session. The woman I saw was a telepathic healer. During the session, I was able to feel energy running through my feet up to my head and back again. I could also feel my healer touching my head and my legs (with out actually touching me) and at one point could feel something, which felt like a basketball, being pulled from my stomach and out my throat. Tears were streaming down my face and I couldn't stop my self from smiling. :smile: After that day I have wanted nothing more then to learn all I could about all things spiritual!

I am not quite sure about abilities I may have. The only thing that really comes to mind is that I am very sensitive to people's energies. I can walk into a room and feel the energy before I even see the person. If the energy is negative enough I start to feel sick and anxious.

I am also a heavy dreamer with very vivid dreams.

I know that was a lot, but I don't want to leave any details out in case it can tell you and others something that I may not know about.

This is a neat story. I have a friend who does the same thing, she can see a blockage in the spirit while she works on a person, and just reaches in and pulls it out, if felt lead to do so...

Sensing energy in others can be a couple of things, it could mean you are empathic or like is the case with me have what I call discernment of spirits/energy. Having vivid dreams sounds as though you may be a visual learner ( are you?), this can tie to abilities as well, like seeing auras, dreams can be lead in to other abilities too. . I see energy around folks too. These are just suggestions maybe research empathic and auras, there is lots of free info on the web on these topics and many of then have been covered on here as well. Once you start researching you will begin to see how some abilities lead to others, combine with others and overlap...have fun!

I also really appreciate all of your feedback nightowl! It has really been helpful!

Aw you are very welcome :hug3:

Rue
12-01-2012, 03:02 AM
Thank you so much! :hug2: