PDA

View Full Version : Spiritual Healing

Shabby
07-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Looking through the threads I did not see one on Spiritual Healing. Spiirtual Healing is not the only way to heal, but still a very profound one never the less.

The best book I read on this subject was The Art of Spiritual Helaing by Joel Goldberg. Joel was a Mystic, a Spiritual Teacher and a Spiritual Healer.

His belief (in my words) in short was that we were one with God and perfection. Spiritual Healing takes place when in individual realizes this truth for him self or another in the appearance of an illness or disease. Spiritual Healing does not involve the "patient" and the patient is not asked to do anything to cause a healing to take place. The healer also does not do anything to remove the appearance but recongizes the appearance as a manifestation of a belief in a separation from God. There is a temption to fear or fight the appearance, but the healer does not give in to the tempatation but holds steady to the truth inspite of the appearance.

Miracles in this sense are not actions of God but the dropping of an illusion.

As with all alternative healing methods I would suggest not to rely soley on them but to consult your doctor and use alternative methods together with traditional methods for the best outcome possible.

silent whisper
07-01-2012, 08:28 PM
This makes perfect sense..to me. "Hold steady the truth inspite of the appearance"....being fully present allowing it all.

Brick by brick we build our lives, in between is his gift to us....(with thanks from my inspiring brother in spirit)

amy green
07-01-2012, 10:11 PM
How would you appraise someone who has a gift to heal animals but is out of step/abusive to humans?

Shabby
07-01-2012, 10:42 PM
How would you appraise someone who has a gift to heal animals but is out of step/abusive to humans?

Hi Amy,
I am not sure I understand your question. You know someone that is a healer but abusive to humans?

Reading this reminds me of a lady interviewed while she was homeless living on the streets of New York with her three dogs. Upon reading the signed she held up asking for donations she found three different people that each took in one of her dogs but left her on the street.

Never the less...healing is needed where ever there is an appearance of discord : )

Shabby
11-01-2012, 03:38 AM
I experienced spiritual healing and being a healer a little different than Joel Goldsmith even though the principles are the same.

When I was 9 years old I had a bad kidney and doctors were considering a removal and when I was 15 years old I was diagnosed with scoliosis, which I suffered backache from for over 10 years. I healed without any medication or operation.

In 2000 I called my aunt in Germany to wish her a happy birthday. I asked her how she felt and she told me she was in great pain with arthritis. We hung up the phone and I didn't her from her for a few weeks, then my mother called me saying she had just talked to my aunt and my aunt asked her if I was a healer because after our phone call she was able to sleep through the whole night without pain and asked if I could please do it again what ever I did.

At that time I noticed other people bringing illness and diseases to my attention and healing, but I was not "doing" anything nor do I have any power outside of God.

I believe it is the consciousness in which I dwell that brings about healings. I believe that all things are possible to God and that God did not create illness and disease. I love people and feel a deep compassion for those suffering.

silent whisper
11-01-2012, 06:52 AM
I experienced spiritual healing and being a healer a little different than Joel Goldsmith even though the principles are the same.

When I was 9 years old I had a bad kidney and doctors were considering a removal and when I was 15 years old I was diagnosed with scoliosis, which I suffered backache from for over 10 years. I healed without any medication or operation.

In 2000 I called my aunt in Germany to wish her a happy birthday. I asked her how she felt and she told me she was in great pain with arthritis. We hung up the phone and I didn't her from her for a few weeks, then my mother called me saying she had just talked to my aunt and my aunt asked her if I was a healer because after our phone call she was able to sleep through the whole night without pain and asked if I could please do it again what ever I did.

At that time I noticed other people bringing illness and diseases to my attention and healing, but I was not "doing" anything nor do I have any power outside of God.

I believe it is the consciousness in which I dwell that brings about healings. I believe that all things are possible to God and that God did not create illness and disease. I love people and feel a deep compassion for those suffering.

Love has the potential to heal and bring miracles.....spirit has the divine plan in order....lovely story shabby, that deep compassion for the suffering is a gift to others.

Shabby
11-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Love has the potential to heal and bring miracles.....spirit has the divine plan in order....lovely story shabby, that deep compassion for the suffering is a gift to others.

I agree Silent Whisper. In one of my meditations my grandmother who healed people by laying her hands on them told me to heal people, when I asked how she said through compassion.

Shabby
11-01-2012, 01:45 PM
It seems to me that in order for a (spiritual) healing to come through that there has to be a witness present. In the beginning I was the witness later it became others, but that was a choice. They had the choice to see the Truth which would build their faith or dismiss the healing as a coincidence or a result from an action they took.

Example: My son's ex girlfriend's father was suffering of Cancer. He was being treated for cancer by his doctor and it was brought to my attention but a healing did not come through. My son didn't see or hear anything from his ex for a few weeks when me and him were sitting down one day and talking about Spiritual healing and he noted that his ex girlfriends father did not heal even though it was brought to my attention. Right then and there it occurred to me that not his girlfriend but my son was to be the witness. So, I said to him: If your girl friend's father went to the doctor today and the doctor said that he was healed and your girl friend came over to our house to tell us the good news...would you believe in the power of God? He laughed and said of course.... knowing that he had been separated from his girl friend and not heard from her for weeks. Besides what are the odds of her father going to the doctor that day and the doctor saying he was healed? Yet it came to pass. His girl friend showed up that afternoon at our door with the biggest smile on her face saying that her father went to the doctor this morning and the doctor said that he was cancer free.

John32241
14-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Spiritual healing is a subject of great interest to me.

The primary considerations are that any manifested illness is a result of an out of balance energetic condition. The bearing witness process is recognizing that the illness is appropriate within the context of the greater scheme of things. The act of recognizing that reality, bearing witness to it, can bring a loving balance to that energetic awareness. As the energy itself becomes more balanced, healing will result.

That was a nice story about your son's ex girlfriend. What I find most interesting is how you influenced those outcome potentials by imagining that sequence of events. It is my understanding that you did this by using telepathy(a shared experience) with those who were involved with this event. By stating your imagined sequence of events, you bore witness to a potential and influenced its eventual outcome.

I hope my views on this are helpful.

John

Shabby
14-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Hey John!
Yes spiritual healing is of great interest to me too ...right after knowing thy Self.

I am still researching this subject as I don't have all the ins and outs on this subject. I can so far only speak from my own experience but hope to gain more knowledge from others and their experience.

The experiences I am particularly interested in are those where there is no intent on healing...more like faith healing...no... more like consciousness healing meaning where one is a witness to a healing for no apparent reason: There was a problem and it disappeared. I ask why? How? What does that particular person (whom it is appearing to) believe about the subject illness, miracles, God, Self. I want to know how we got from point a to point b based our our beliefs or thoughts and what we are aware of at the time when the healing took place. I believe we all have experienced things of such nature "miracles" but they are often dismissed by the mind for the purpose of a need to understand. And it happens so fast that we are not aware of our mind doing it. I am trying to slow down the process in order to dissect the details of this occurrence.

John32241
14-01-2012, 07:05 PM
I suspect that before you can understand how that process works, you first need to appreciate how a human person, and their life, has been constructed.

This particular information may help with that perspective.
http://www.telepathyacademy.net/about/kryon_miracles.html

Once we can digest our quantum nature and its interactions with others energetically, the potentials for healing can be better understood.

In my case, I involve myself with influencing healing potentials is appropriate ways. The big must do for me is my own physical well being. That and knowing when and how to encourage healing for others.

So when you ask why, the answer is that a healing was appropriate. When you ask how I can say by the energy of intent given by the person who was healed, and the balancing of energies by an observer.

Most of my understand on this subject comes from personal experiences and the channeled Kryon material. I do not claim to understand all the details. Just the basic principals and the application of them.

I hope we can talk more about this subject.

John

Shabby
14-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Hey John,
Can you share an experience so I can get a better idea of what you do? It does seem to me that you are not simply a witness but a conscious participant in the healing process. Is my understanding correct? Also, do you think there is a difference between spiritual healing and energy work?

John32241
15-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Hey John,
Can you share an experience so I can get a better idea of what you do? It does seem to me that you are not simply a witness but a conscious participant in the healing process. Is my understanding correct? Also, do you think there is a difference between spiritual healing and energy work?

I have a healing thread that describes my involvement as a conscious witness.
http://www.telepathyacademy.net/forum/index.php?topic=73.0

My intent was to observe activity and report my observations to the person involved. The act of being present resulted in a healing.

Yes there is a difference because energy work can cover a wide range of intentions. There are those who influence others for exclusive personal gain this way. Spiritual healing carries the intent for what is most appropriate at its highest level. The latter has the effect of balancing energies through the act of expressing compassion.

It is the manner in which you witness another that makes you a conscious participant.

I hope you find these insights useful.

John

WhiteWarrior
15-01-2012, 11:53 AM
The way I have experienced it, my healing attempts - as well as all other spiritual activities - have far more impressive results when I do them with, or in presence of, another person with spiritual talents. There is a synergy effect, at least in my case. I have not done anything yet in the presence of a non-talented viewer or a skeptic. Other have done great things in my presence but I can't tell if they would have been able to do them as well if I had not been there.

Shabby
15-01-2012, 01:58 PM
The way I have experienced it, my healing attempts - as well as all other spiritual activities - have far more impressive results when I do them with, or in presence of, another person with spiritual talents. There is a synergy effect, at least in my case. I have not done anything yet in the presence of a non-talented viewer or a skeptic. Other have done great things in my presence but I can't tell if they would have been able to do them as well if I had not been there.

Hey White Warrior!
Yes I have observed what you are saying too....but not exclusively. What do you mean with "Other have done great things in my presence but I can't tell if they would have been able to do them as well if I had not been there" ? Are you talking about patients or other healers?

WhiteWarrior
15-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Other healers, sorry.

I should perhaps mention that all my healing is of the remote type. This includes the healers in question. I have never seen the patients on cam while I have done the healing either.

Shabby
15-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Other healers, sorry.

I should perhaps mention that all my healing is of the remote type. This includes the healers in question. I have never seen the patients on cam while I have done the healing either.

Yes my experience has also been that I don't need to see the patient, as I am not healing anyone from anything (I do not have such power : )I am dealing solely with the appearance of a discord within my own consciousness.

helygen
23-01-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm just begining my spiritual journey and have a long way to go. I do however feel drawn to healing and hope one day to be able to help others in this way.

Shabby
23-01-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm just begining my spiritual journey and have a long way to go. I do however feel drawn to healing and hope one day to be able to help others in this way.

Hi Ann,
Healing others and ourselves is very fulfilling. Since you just started your spiritual journey I would suggest you look into all the different Healing methods available. Many fall under the spiritual healing as they are all alternative methods to traditional means of healing. For example there is Reiki which is based on energy work, Faith healing which is based on religious belief in prayer and rituals and then there is Spiritual healing which is based on the belief that we are spirit and perfect. With Spiritual Healing neither the illness nor the patient are the subject of the healers mind. The Healer deals solely with the belief in illness and disease and that within the healers mind.

The goal of all healing methods is to improve the experience of life....if that is achieved who cares which path brought them there? Find out for yourself what methods are used and which one fits you best

Miss Hepburn
23-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Hi Shabby, :smile:

Aren't you thinking of Joel S. Goldsmith the one I used to call Goldstein all the time?
I'm sure I have it proudly on a shelf ----- somewhere!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not trying to be a contrarian or anything - but, my spirit is just fine and doesn't seem to need any healing. I just checked, I mean it.

Now 'emotional healing' is very much in order to clear away the cobwebs
leading to my Spirit, which is right now in such peace.

Gem
23-01-2012, 11:17 PM
I understand the intention to heal is noble, but I don't think people really understand it and have little notion about what it takes. I think they start with the best intentions, but when it gets complicated they can't cope, and don't have the insight, ability or solidarity to be there and see it through.

Shabby
23-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Hi Shabby, :smile:

Aren't you thinking of Joel S. Goldsmith the one I used to call Goldstein all the time?
I'm sure I have it proudly on a shelf ----- somewhere!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not trying to be a contrarian or anything - but, my spirit is just fine and doesn't seem to need any healing. I just checked, I mean it.

Now 'emotional healing' is very much in order to clear away the cobwebs
leading to my Spirit, which is right now in such peace.

I was speaking from my own experience, but Joel's approach to healing was very similar to mine. I am happy to find you at peace as only those that are Ill need a Doctor ; )

Shabby
23-01-2012, 11:43 PM
I understand the intention to heal is noble, but I don't think people really understand it and have little notion about what it takes. I think they start with the best intentions, but when it gets complicated they can't cope, and don't have the insight, ability or solidarity to be there and see it through.

I think anyone that feels a calling to heal has the ability to do so also.You don't need to be a professor to teach. Healing can be as simple as having compassion and listening.

Gem
24-01-2012, 08:22 AM
I think anyone that feels a calling to heal has the ability to do so also.You don't need to be a professor to teach. Healing can be as simple as having compassion and listening.

I've seen enough messes made to know how naive that is.

Shabby
24-01-2012, 11:55 AM
I've seen enough messes made to know how naive that is.

What is naive? If you've seen messes maybe you could look within yourself and see how you are creating these appearances?

Gem
24-01-2012, 12:26 PM
What is naive? If you've seen messes maybe you could look within yourself and see how you are creating these appearances?

I understand the kind of things that go wrong when well to do people enter into things they don't understand.

Shabby
24-01-2012, 12:37 PM
I understand the kind of things that go wrong when well to do people enter into things they don't understand.

Gem, you are assuming you understand. What if I told you that there is no such thing as a power outside of God to heal? There is no healer. You are experiencing an ego based belief in being a separate union from God. I know a hard thing to swallow but it is the healers mind that needs to be "healed".

Gem
24-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Gem, you are assuming you understand. What if I told you that there is no such thing as a power outside of God to heal? There is no healer. You are experiencing an ego based belief in being a separate union from God. I know a hard thing to swallow but it is the healers mind that needs to be "healed".

I understand how you're trying to make this about me, your first statement was blatant.

I seen enough to know, and what I said does happen.

Sarian
24-01-2012, 01:01 PM
This makes perfect sense..to me. "Hold steady the truth inspite of the appearance"....being fully present allowing it all.

I like that quote.

Shabby
24-01-2012, 01:07 PM
I understand how you're trying to make this about me, your first statement was blatant.

I seen enough to know, and what I said does happen.

When you state that you understand and others don't you made it about you. If you know...then so do "others".

Gem
24-01-2012, 01:18 PM
When you state that you understand and others don't you made it about you. If you know...then so do "others".

Of course others know. It's obvious.

sound
24-01-2012, 01:23 PM
I figure that if I know something then at least one other person on this planet does too ... that seems to apply to everything I experience, except my unique perspective ... otherwise it wouldn't be unique ...

Shabby
24-01-2012, 01:26 PM
I figure that if I know something then at least one other person on this planet does too ... that seems to apply to everything I experience, except my unique perspective ... otherwise it wouldn't be unique ...

True Sound. I think of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj claiming that every one knows what he knows.

Shabby
29-01-2012, 03:01 AM
If our experiences are within consciousness and our consciousness of God one being all possibilities then our consciousness would be one of healing and everyone that comes into our consciousness becomes a part of it and heals....without any action on our part. We could not take credit for any healing occurring as we did not consciously do anything. We would simply have a healing consciousness. This is the key to Spiritual Healing.

Shabby
30-01-2012, 02:00 PM
The beauty and purpose of Spiritual Healing is to bring about the understanding that we are in essence all divine beings...parts of God and God being the totality of All there IS.

And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.

9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

9:3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

According to Jesus sin does not cause illness nor does Karma. It is as if some souls (maybe even all) take on an illness to lead others back to God.